Mario Maker - Official Wario Forums Level?

So, are any of you planning on getting Super Mario Maker?
Not me. Wii U is to expensive.
But i got an idea.

We should design an official Wario Forums level in Super Mario Maker. The theme of the level is, of course, Wario Land.
We place Wario Amibo Mystery Mushrooms at various points in the level (at the start, and multiple times later in the level in case the player loses it). We fill the level with many many coins, since Wario Land is all about the money. As well as, of course, puzzles. Maybe even try to create a minigame or 2 (kind of like the Vertical Bowling level). Sadly, we won't have the Transformations, or picking up enemies, but we can try to get creative with the tools we have.

What do you guys think?
I know we weren't able to design any stage for our WL3 hack, but i think we can design a mario level together.
And as long as one of us gets SMM, they can create and upload the level.
It'd be a level we design together, and represents our community. We can have Wario Forums spelled at coins at the end of the level.
Wouldn't that be nice to make?

I was thinking that the player would need to retrieve some item to progress to the end, sort of like finding a treasure or hidden key. Maybe a springboard? I dunno, just a thought.

Actually...

If we want the player to play as a Wario Amibo Costume, we have to use the SMB1 theme.
Mario can not pick up objects in the SMB1 theme.
So if we go with that, we can't actually use any puzzles that involve picking up and carrying items...

Actually...

If we want the player to play as a Wario Amibo Costume, we have to use the SMB1 theme.
Mario can not pick up objects in the SMB1 theme.
So if we go with that, we can't actually use any puzzles that involve picking up and carrying items...

The best we could come out is Super Mario Land level design with Wario's costume, it would be tricky to design something accurate to Wario land including the first game.

Hm, I suppose you're right about that. Unless we want to just keep the player as Mario the whole time, having to find something to allow you to proceed seems hard to pull off.

I'm not confident in my level creation skills, but it's certainly something I'm interested in!

It'll be fun playing as Wario in a platformer with his biker costume, but I was hoping they'd also include his plumber costume as an added bonus :-]

First thing I'll do is recreate Wario's Castle, or more specifically "Turn off that alarm clock!" From Wario Land 2 and probably more levels from that game.
I'll share the level codes here when I'm done but I sadly don't have a way to record it since I don't have a capture card.

First thing I'll do is recreate Wario's Castle, or more specifically "Turn off that alarm clock!" From Wario Land 2 and probably more levels from that game.
I'll share the level codes here when I'm done but I sadly don't have a way to record it since I don't have a capture card.
You could at least take a picture d:)

It's up now!
The ID is C936-0000-0024-4F49
WVW69iYPfnQMtdiiwT

WVW69iYPg3U0U12s3b

Since there's no way to ground pound in the SMB1 style I had to design it around using the giant stiletto.

Last edited:
That looks great.
I'm seriously debating getting a Wii U with this game. If I borrow some money from my brother, I'll have enough.
I know I normally wait a few years, but this won't be as fun in a few years, as the online part is very important, and it's active now.

Back