MonaWare's thoughts and opinions

I never like it when people push for like "revivals" of things they used to like.

Like, as a fan of pro wrestling from the past, I often see WCW fans say they want to see WCW come back, like WWE did with ECW. But like, I guess they dont realize that the people who performed in WCW are all like in their 50s+ now. They wouldnt really be able to do what they used to do at all.
So, even if WWE brought back Nitro, it would just be filled with current WWE stars, which would basically mean it would be WWE under old WCW banners. I think thats like really pointless.

Or like, as a more relatable example for the majority of people here. I often see Sega fans talk about Sega making a "Dreamcast 2". But of course it wouldnt really bse a Dreamcast : p Their idea is just for a console thats based on downloadable digital games. I guess it might have a disk drive for old Dreamcast games? But other than that it would just be a new console with the Dreamcast name and I guess the little red light up triangle that lights up when you turn on your Dreamcast.
(I didnt even see any mention of a screen on the controller)

I always find it kinda pointless when people bring these kind of things up, like they wont bring your old happy days back to life : p Like sure Sega could make that, and it could be just as great as the Ouya, haha. It wouldnt at all bring us back to the glory days of the Dreamcast : p

I have a chess board from like the 70s, and on the box there's like a picture of a stereotypical american nuclear family smiling as they play, with like 70s clothing and hairstyles and all. I think it's hilarious.

(In response to last page I think)

I have a chess board from like the 70s, and on the box there's like a picture of a stereotypical american nuclear family smiling as they play, with like 70s clothing and hairstyles and all. I think it's hilarious.

(In response to last page I think)

I love that kinda stuff! : D That one irl friend of mine you met, they have an old NES box in one of their bedrooms (they pass it around for some reason : p), and theres a picture of a family playing together on it. I love that picture, they all look so 80s, haha. Its really neat, makes me wish families actually sat together and played video games together like that : p
I always wanted to do family stuff like that, never had family that was interested though : p Well pffft I cant complain, I did have 2 brothers that I very much participated in everything with : p

Your thoughts and opinions on the growing gaming industry and how it's trying to get random and all people to start playing whatever, including companies such as Sega and Konami making games for cellphones and even pachinko machines?

I uhhhh have no idea : p Too in depth for me, haha. I think its cool that more people are getting into gaming, and its becoming less of a "fringe" sub-culture, but at the same time I hope that doesnt have a negative impact video games themselves. But then again Ive kinda removed myself from modern gaming due to a lack of interests anyway so I guess I dont really care anyway, haha.

And with the making games for cellphones and junk, thats kinda how I view video games of today anyway. Too much technology, and too far gone from the simple days of buying a new game to play on your console to bring home, look through the case and booklet and spend the next month playing. They just dont feel as magical to me as they once did ; _ ;

It does have it's good moments, helps get people interested in games. At the very least with developers and programs being able to start their own company and motives gives us more incentive to be able to get new games or perhaps spiritual successors of games we've come to love in the past. Igarashi is on his way with his leading team making Bloodstained. Pretty much the same people who worked on SOTN and other Castlevania titles, it'll be nice to keep up with at least what you like.

Well, I guess on a positive note for cellphone games, I do like the idea of being able to play some fun little simple 2 player game with a friend, Thats a neat thing. I guess its not all bad : p I grew up playing two player games together. While I wouldnt enjoy playing a game with tons of strangers, I very much do like playing a game with a friend.

Mona your thoughts?
29594636_575594269483136_358985015709822662_n.png

Back