MonaWare's thoughts and opinions

I love all the pumpkin spice food we get this time of year : p Like if it says pumpkin spice on it, Ill buy it : p

Its really great : p So far this year all Ive gotten was the like round shortbread cookies that have the fudge on the bottom, they were pumpkin spice shortbread cookies with cream cheese instead of fudge. They were great : p

All this pumpkin talk is fantastic especially since it's October. How do you feel about pumpkin pie? Another squash delicacy. Never tried pumpkin shortbread cookies actually.

Pumpkin pie, Im actually not as big on it as I am with others, believe it or not : p The reason being that during the holidays my mother only wants pumpkin pies, nothing else. I usually want like one pumpkin pie and one fruit pie, like cherry or blueberry or something. But she always ends up making three freaking pumpkin pies, no lie. So I get kinda grumpy about them : p

And I got some pumpkin cookie butter spread, and its great and all, but theres not much that goes well with it. You dont want to eat crackers with them : p And I dont enjoy eating it on its own : p Seems like the only good way to eat it is to spread it on a cookie : p

Blueberry and cherry pie do seem a lot more exciting than pumpkin pie. To tell the truth haven't tried any of these 3 either, though yeah with cookies or crackers it definitely paves the way for eating them with something else. Spreads are great on crackers, on a cookie I haven't really tried it before, butter really makes the taste stand out then?

Pumpkin spice and crackers dont mix well together : p Think of how pumpkin pie taste and imagine it on top of a cracker, haha : p

Whats your favorite pie?

I'm going to say something boring like apple pie. Oh man yeah that pumpkin cookie combo doesn't seem like it'd mix too well hah.

Apple pie is the bomb, I love it : p

I also like custard pies but I get tired of them quickly : p Like I like pies like coconut pie or banana cream pie, but like one slice is all Ill ever need of it : p

I guess my favorite would be blueberry, but Im not sure : p Its a hard choice : p

Yes I do! Or I used to anyway : p A friend of mine and I actually trick or treated every year from since we met until I was 26 haha : p Last year we were too afraid to do it, when youre almost 30 people start to get weird about it : p I miss doing that, now it feels like I dont have anything to do for halloween. Will have to find a new tradition : p I dont like drinking or dancing or whatever so going the bar thing like other adults is out of the question. Is too bad we dont have many abandoned buildings in my town, exploring them would be a cool way to spend the holiday : p

What about you guys?

Yes I do! Or I used to anyway : p A friend of mine and I actually trick or treated every year from since we met until I was 26 haha : p Last year we were too afraid to do it, when youre almost 30 people start to get weird about it : p I miss doing that, now it feels like I dont have anything to do for halloween. Will have to find a new tradition : p I dont like drinking or dancing or whatever so going the bar thing like other adults is out of the question. Is too bad we dont have many abandoned buildings in my town, exploring them would be a cool way to spend the holiday : p

What about you guys?

That's nice! I know Halloween is a big deal in the US, sadly, it wasn't really a big deal in Portugal until a few years back, and still isn't that popular. So basically, I don't think I'm gonna do anything, unless someone invites me to. Just because it's not a habit, unlike other special days.
I do like Halloween, though...

Aw, thats a bummer : ( If you were here in my state, you could totally hang with my friend and I : p Hes a musician too, we could come up with a spooky halloween them song together : p Would be cool.

Aw, thats a bummer : ( If you were here in my state, you could totally hang with my friend and I : p Hes a musician too, we could come up with a spooky halloween them song together : p Would be cool.

Looks like we got our spoopy band right here! Gotta dress up as a vampire though.

What about you guys?
You could pull it off if you're really short maybe. Sadly I'm now one the treat givers. Makes me feel kind of old.

I'm 17, 6'4 and still Trick or treat, regardless of people saying "You look a bit old to do this" I reply with "Sir, I'm still a kid. I'm not 18 just yet!" Even when I'm 18 I'm still gonna do it, can't pass up free candy! lol.

Youd make a good Bret Hart, would have to shave your facial hair though : p

And I have no idea : p We never really went as anything actually, like we just threw on a bunch of random clothing we had : p Bath robes and gloves and silly hats or whatever we could find : p

So yesterday I went with some family to Golden Corral. I havent been there in like ten years, so I wasnt sure what to think about going.

Well, I finally got to go again in a long time, and wow, not only is the food way over priced, but its like soooo freaking bland : p Its not really good at all : p I would never go back if I didnt have to : p

Oh but they had these promotional signs up everywhere, like it had pictures of families sitting at their tables with food looking at the camera smiling. The people in the pictures are all black and white families, as that is the majority of Americans of course, making that their demographic. And there was always this little box on like the top left corner of each picture with a "quote" from that family about how they love the buffet and how its important to them.

I was thinking about how it would be hilarious to have like an extremely stereotypical Japanese family in one of the pictures, like a boy with his hair gelled and eyeliner, and a girl with her hair dyed pink and in like buns in a pigtail fashion, and have like Japanese or some sorta Asian language that the majority of Americans wouldnt be able to understand text where the quote is in the left corner : p

Last edited:
Back