More unused assets found in WL4

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
Just when you think you know everything about this gem someone goes and digs up even more pre-release content. Nothing special this time but interesting nonetheless.

Firstly, there are these vine ladder tiles which would've been used in Wildflower Fields but the final version doesn't contain any ladders.
unused vine ladder.png
They would match up like this:
like this.png

Similarly there are slope tiles for the Curious Factory even though the current version doesn't use slopes anywhere.
unused curious factory tiles.png

This one is interesting:
unused switch animation.png

It's clearly based on the switch from Wario Land 3, except it now has an animation for flipping. This makes me wonder, was this game originally a lot more like the previous one, even more than we thought? There's the key animation that was cut, the snow blocks which looked more like WL3 and now this.

This ladder was apparently the first design for that ladder in Hotel Horror that you can turn on and off with the !-switch but it uses a different sprite. This one's more like the other !-blocks and slopes.
unused ladder.png

And then we have an alternate color palette for the totsumen.
unused color palette for totsumen.png
Perhaps they were originally supposed to change color as well, like the Marumen and the Spear-Masks.
...Though I'm not sure if this version would be a stronger version or a weaker one.

But perhaps the most interesting one is this sound file. It's being speculated that it might've been an early version of the title theme:

OMG at that track! Surely it must be an April fools joke?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised because WL4 has amazing sound effects, but that's really something else. :LOL:

Back