My best friend died.

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
My best friend died today.

She died in a traffic accident 5 hours ago. I learned this on the last quarter of my work shift. Her brother messaged me through her Skype account to tell me, but how I actually learned of it was... through a seemingly innocuous edit on her mariowiki talk page.

http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Walkazo&diff=next&oldid=1963666

My throat is ever dry, my heat is pouding, my mind racing. Even if I did not see her ,or even know her real name, and even if we found each other through a silly little Mario fansite, there is no doubt in my mind that the bond I shared with her was as real and valid as the one with any flesh and blood friend. Wheter it was to listen to my inane dribbling about my latest video game purchase, my annoyance at someone's stupid wiki edit, or my post-collegial educations struggle, she was there for me. We talked to each other every day. She was an intelligent, witty, and kind soul. She didn't deserve to go out so young. Not like this.

Our last conversation was short, we talked about our love of MD Geist, and the bizarre behaviour of my pet cate. I left without saying bye, thinking I'd be able to chat her back anytime. If only I knew..

Writing a cliche-ridden forum post may not be the most intelligent or productive way to engage with my grief, but it's the only one I can think of coming off the shock of this event.

I will always love you, Walkazo. Wherever you are.

Im sorry for your loss, Glowsquid. Thats really awful.

Ive never lost a close friend, so I dont really know what youre going through. But Im sure that anyone here would be willing to talk with you if you needed them to.

I'm very sorry to hear, Glowsquid. I am deeply sorry for your loss. Nobody should ever have to go like that, especially that young. I never knew her myself, but how you described her, sounds like the girl I really love. If I found out she left, I wouldn't stop crying.

So I can understand what pain you would be going through, I lost a lot of people I held dear to me. Just promise to never forget, and she'll always live on in your memory.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Mariowiki lost a real great person. Rest her soul. I know you'll never see this, but in somebody's time of need I'm always willing to help.

I can certainly say that I have no idea how you feel. In fact, I've had very few friends in my life. However, I offer my condolences to your friend's family and you.

Know that no matter what, there are people here for you and you're not alone.

It pains me to hear that. The anguish of losing a close friend is one I've narrowly avoided multiple times (each case being of online friends as well), and even in those near-misses it pained me beyond words. You don't deserve to go through this sort of thing, just as she didn't deserve to go this way. It certainly wouldn't help that there's a lack of closure here; unavoidable given its unforeseeable nature, but sad nonetheless. However, although I didn't know her, I'm sure that she wouldn't want her death to hurt you too strongly. Like most people, she'd probably want to be missed, and she deserves to be. But she wouldn't want the mere thought of her to bring only sadness. If I am correct, she would want you to be able to move past the grief, and be able to think back on your time together fondly. I'm very, very sorry to hear of your loss; from your description, the world has lost a wonderful person today. We'll all support you in this time of sadness to the best of our abilities. You're one of us, and damned if we're going to let this hurt you more than this needs to.

Also, as I understand it, you currently have it set to hide messages from Kyon. I think you deserve to see the support he's shown you as well.
I'm very sorry to hear, Glowsquid. I am deeply sorry for your loss. Nobody should ever have to go like that, especially that young. I never knew her myself, but how you described her, sounds like the girl I really love. If I found out she left, I wouldn't stop crying.

So I can understand what pain you would be going through, I lost a lot of people I held dear to me. Just promise to never forget, and she'll always live on in your memory.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Mariowiki lost a real great person. Rest her soul. I know you'll never see this, but in somebody's time of need I'm always willing to help.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I haven't lost a friend to death, but I've lost family to it, so I can see how you feel. I can only hope you can find peace in this time.

My condolences to you, her other friends and her family.

uerZFc6.png

It's okay to cry, it's alright to be sad, for you lost a close friend today. As long as your memory of her isn't forever sadness, but forever happy.
We'll all miss you, But we'll all never forget you.

To Walkazo. Rest in peace.

You have all of my condolonces Glowsquid, I know what it's like to have someone who is close to you suddenly taken away out of no where, but even then I still can't imagine how much this must have hit you.

I just want you to know that if you want to talk, you can come to me and I'm sure everyone else here as well, if you feel like you need someone to talk to, but I also understand it you would rather not.

First, thank you everyone. I've read this thread cover to cover, several times in a row. No amount of good wishes is going to bring her back, but seeing all this is helping me cope through my darkest hours.

Kyon, I'm not mean-spirited enough to think you've had nothing kind to say about this matter. Thank you very much.

However, although I didn't know her, I'm sure that she wouldn't want her death to hurt you too strongly. Like most people, she'd probably want to be missed, and she deserves to be. But she wouldn't want the mere thought of her to bring only sadness.

Of course not. As the event is still reeling, I get a pincement au coeur when I think of her, and I'm not sure if it will ever fully go away. But ultimately, I'll remember Walkazo as a source of joy, not grief.

God, that's tragic. So out of the sudden...

All I can think to do right now is offer my deepest condolences and hope you can get through such a tough time.
I've never lost a loved one or even a friend like that so I can't know what it would feel like... but it must me terrible.
Life can be so unfair sometimes...

god I can't even imagine the pain and the frustration... I'm so sorry, the whole situation must be simply awful both for you and her family and loved ones. Take all the time you need to cope, I just hope time erases the pain but never the memories you had with her...

Back