Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Of course

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Definitely!

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope, Im a lame-o who hates anything good

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Yeah about the only thing I disliked about the N64 is that controller pak thing, certain games you're not allowed to save without that including rayman 2. Played it for years without a pak since I couldn't find one and ended up only redoing the intro levels and such over and over. Compact discs make it easier to save data and it costs less than cartridges, wonder why Nintendo wanted to still use them. They've always had a problem with people not wanting to steal or copy their games from discs so that could be one reason.

Want to know something worse than an N64 controller? Madkatz controller, tfw when you go to a friend's house and they give you the off brand controller.
View attachment 1237
I've actually used one of those. Problem was, I'm so used to the old controllers I couldn't wrap my head around this one.

On the plus side, it seems like it's competently made and does the job. Just not what I'm used to.

But yeah, the N64 was a great console and deserves more celebration.

The controller pak I ordered just got delivered, and it's working, so I can play Rayman 2! I also got the rumble pak with it, as was listed on eBay, and... magnets? These cost me 5$, apparently, but I didn't really want them d:p Oh well, I guess they're cool d:rolleyes:
o3lVwBf.jpg

So what are other people's favourite N64 games? Sorry to steer things off topic. I don't hate kids... :) just ignorant brats.

There's just too many on this wonderful system to count, though I'd say some of my favs have been Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, Kirby 64, Paper Mario, Oot, Majora's Mask.
Speaking of which Majora's Mask has always had some really cultural things in it especially that alien attack scene in the ranch. The fact that they're literally the Flatwoods Monster is hilarious. I also like the aka manto reference in the bathroom, which is that hand inside the toilet.

mm3d_aliens__banner-auto-cropping.jpg
tumblr_m48gskMNpg1qigxr9o2_500.jpg

Oh, this here is my favorite N64 game, its an open world turn based rpg by a Canadian company called H20-

602479boxart_160h.jpg

tumblr_n9q4j5KK0k1s3uawvo2_r1_400.gif

AidynChronicles-TheFirstMageEsnap0078_zps1617e6df.jpg

39563-Aidyn_Chronicles_-_The_First_Mage_(USA)-6.jpg

aidyno13-206316_480w.jpg

AidynChronicles-TheFirstMageEsnap0000_zps9fa99acc.jpg

AidynChronicles-TheFirstMageEsnap0000_zpsa9c952bb.jpg

AidynChronicles-TheFirstMageEsnap0000_zpsbf60a6fd.jpg

This game was way awesome, but it went pretty unnoticed. It was announced around about 97-98, but wasnt finished and released until the Gamecube had already came out. On top of that, it wasnt the perfect game ever, and many of the things that the fans love about it turned others away : p Things such as the huge overworld. It really goes on forever, which tons of land to explore, filled with caves and forests and abandonned buildings ect. But the long distance traveling didnt appeal to everyone : p The battles were not for those who lacked patience, either. They enemies were on field, so there were no random battles. But when you run into one, it takes you to a battle field. And I mean a literal field, the space you have for battles are large, including things like hills : p And sometimes you had to move your characters across the field to get to the enemies, taking two or three turns just placing your characters.

The music in the game was very different, it was definitely bizarre : p But it was also unique, many people who were not fans of this game generally look down on it, but fans of the game often appreciate how unique it is, and how it fits with the art style of the game.

This is a big, long and expansive game that goes on for about 70 hours, filled with story (admittingly not always done with the best story telling, there will be a few parts that leave you confused), with several different races that interact, a big in game history, rival nations, and tons of characters. Its too bad the game went unnoticed, I always thought it was way neat : p

Oh, this here is my favorite N64 game, its an open world turn based rpg by a Canadian company called H20-

602479boxart_160h.jpg

tumblr_n9q4j5KK0k1s3uawvo2_r1_400.gif

AidynChronicles-TheFirstMageEsnap0078_zps1617e6df.jpg

39563-Aidyn_Chronicles_-_The_First_Mage_(USA)-6.jpg

aidyno13-206316_480w.jpg

AidynChronicles-TheFirstMageEsnap0000_zps9fa99acc.jpg

AidynChronicles-TheFirstMageEsnap0000_zpsa9c952bb.jpg

AidynChronicles-TheFirstMageEsnap0000_zpsbf60a6fd.jpg

This game was way awesome, but it went pretty unnoticed. It was announced around about 97-98, but wasnt finished and released until the Gamecube had already came out. On top of that, it wasnt the perfect game ever, and many of the things that the fans love about it turned others away : p Things such as the huge overworld. It really goes on forever, which tons of land to explore, filled with caves and forests and abandonned buildings ect. But the long distance traveling didnt appeal to everyone : p The battles were not for those who lacked patience, either. They enemies were on field, so there were no random battles. But when you run into one, it takes you to a battle field. And I mean a literal field, the space you have for battles are large, including things like hills : p And sometimes you had to move your characters across the field to get to the enemies, taking two or three turns just placing your characters.

The music in the game was very different, it was definitely bizarre : p But it was also unique, many people who were not fans of this game generally look down on it, but fans of the game often appreciate how unique it is, and how it fits with the art style of the game.

This is a big, long and expansive game that goes on for about 70 hours, filled with story (admittingly not always done with the best story telling, there will be a few parts that leave you confused), with several different races that interact, a big in game history, rival nations, and tons of characters. Its too bad the game went unnoticed, I always thought it was way neat : p

That's exactly the case with many of my own favourites. Despite all the blood, sweat, and elbow grease that went into these games (sometimes years of hard work) they're completely forgotten or simply go unnoticed when they're released. Usually it's because of lousy promotion, a very late release date, the game is strange and different, or it has some design flaws, etc. Sometimes Lady Luck is just a bitch, and a game becomes completely overshadowed by the next big thing hogging all the spotlight.

Games like Aidyn Chronicles only get some attention if a popular Youtube personality digs them up randomly. I think it's better if these old games are left alone, since it's trendy to mock stuff that isn't popular or "perfect". On the other hand, I'm sure it would bring great delight to an old designer to see their obscure work excavated from the soil and given some appreciation.

Last edited:
Haha, I definitely agree with the youtube comment : p Would rather not see this game done by a popular youtuber, for the most part those guys become popular by putting things down, so Im sure theyd do nothing but bash the game, which clearly isnt even made for everyone to begin with : p

I remember I watched one guy LP it, and he started off by comparing it to his favorite game, which was a game that was like not even similar at all to begin with : p He completely insulted the game and talked about how amazing his favorite game was, which made me wonder why he even did the LP to begin with. I have seen a few really cool videos of it, though. But they arent done by popular youtubers : p

Besides, though I feel bad for the developers, and the fact that nothing will ever be done with this game again, it s at least kinda cool having a favorite game that isnt already well known and picked by everyone : p It kinda makes the game more special, in a way. That at least makes it more interesting. And when making new friends and telling them about things you like, its more likely that they havent played it already too, meaning that you now get to share it with them. And also more exciting if they actually have played it : p I once had an online friend, we were specifically friends because we both liked this game : p

Yes. Games are not junkfood to be played and thrown away. An awful lot of hard work and dedication goes into building them, regardless of the end result, or who enjoys/hates it. I think it's criminal that Youtubers get popular (and even paid) for putting down the work of others.

Last edited:
Ive done a spotlight thingy for many of my favorite N64 games here, but I never made a list of all the N64 games I loved growing up. So I guess Ill do it now : p

Monawares N64 game list-
-Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
-Ogre Battles 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
-Quest 64
-Star Fox 64
-Star Craft
-Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
-Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
-Goldeneye 64
-Perfect Dark
-Winback
-Body Harvest
-San Fransico Rush
-Road Rash 64
-Mario Tennis
-Super Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-Donkey Kong 64
-Diddy Kong Racing
-Banjo Kazooie
-Jet Force Gemini
-Smash Bros 64
-Flying Dragon
-WCW vs NWO World Tour
-WCW/NWO Revenge
-WCW Mayhem
-WWF Warzone
-WWF Attitude
-WWF Wrestlemania 2000
-WWF No Mercy
-Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
-Rouge Squadron
-Resident Evil 2 (I was really bad at the game at the time, though)
-Castlevania 64
-Shadowman
-Doom 64
-Quake 64 (For both of these two games, I didnt really play them much myself, but I spent alot of time watching my little brother play them)
-Duke Nukem 64
-Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (Again I mostly watched my little brother play them, But we spent ALOT of time playing them together multiplayer)

And thats all I can think of atm : p My brothers were always really good at getting games from other kids, though. Am lucky they were my brothers, haha.

Theres a few games for N64 that Ive always wanted to play but never had the chance. Id still really like to find these games : p Off the top of my head, two big ones are Harvest Moon 64 and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemom. Really wish I could find these games ; _ ;

Hohoh! But of course! I haven't posted since my first month here last year. No wonder I forgot.

Bahahah! What an amazing poll. And that's quite a list! You're certainly well-versed in N64 games, MW. I'd like to make an individual spotlight for each of my favourite N64 games in the future, even if nobody else is interested. Ha!

Last edited:
I would absolutely read any spotlight for any game for N64 that you wanted to share : p

That gives me an idea, though. That would be a cool idea for a thread. Feel like it would have had to have been done at some point, though : p Ill think about making it maybe.

What........ ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MY FAVORET NINTENDO CONSOLE WITH OUT ME?? HOW DARE YOU! You thought you cold just HIDE this under my nose hmm? Well You thought WRONG! :) WAHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
ok i´m calm now.

What........ ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MY FAVORET NINTENDO CONSOLE WITH OUT ME?? HOW DARE YOU! You thought you cold just HIDE this under my nose hmm? Well You thought WRONG! :) WAHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
ok i´m calm now.

Don't be hard on us, Monxi. Nobody had posted in this thread since last year, in the merry month of May.

I think I'm part of the younger generation that wasn't old enough to remember the N64 and games, but I was able to play some of the games from N64 on the GameCube like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Super Mario 64? (Correct me if I'm wrong) I remember playing some sort of Mario Game that looked like Super Mario 64 which was a pretty fun game.

I heard a lot of positive posts about it, I always wanted to get one, but it was so hard to find the system. Does anyone still play the games on Nintendo 64 console?

I think I'm part of the younger generation that wasn't old enough to remember the N64 and games, but I was able to play some of the games from N64 on the GameCube like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Super Mario 64? (Correct me if I'm wrong) I remember playing some sort of Mario Game that looked like Super Mario 64 which was a pretty fun game.

I heard a lot of positive posts about it, I always wanted to get one, but it was so hard to find the system. Does anyone still play the games on Nintendo 64 console?

I still play my N64 games and all my other old systems as though they were new. They haven't got a speck of dust on them.

I really hate that wasteful mentality. You spend all that money on games and hardware, and you're just supposed to move on when the new stuff rolls around, as though your old stuff becomes redundant? Bah! That's not how I was brought up.

Last edited:
So what are other people's favourite N64 games? Sorry to steer things off topic. I don't hate kids... :) just ignorant brats.

Glover, Gauntlet 64, Bomberman hero, banjo-kazooie. Would always talk about how amazing Glover was in another chat site. It wasn't without it's problem some of the control scheme at least on the N64 was very wonky every time you'd aim the ball you'd have to be precise. It does have a PS1 port not sure how that holds up, aside from that it's a pretty fun platformer, especially if you're looking for more variety and trying to use more puzzle solving skills the kind that you didn't really see in SM64 or DK64. Shame that a sequel was cancelled oh well we at least have the first game.

Back