No Wario Mii costume in Miitopia?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
So, what's with this?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/software/adqj/index.html

Apparently, it's compatible with most random Amiibo... except Wario for some reason. No Waluigi Amiibo compatibility either...

That's ridiculous. Even more so how apparently Dasiy and Rosalina matter more to Nintendo now than Wario, Waluigi or Diddy Kong (another one not mentioned here).

Either way, I'm not buying it. I mean sure, I probably wasn't going to buy it anyway, and it may not even get released outside of Japan to begin with. But without Wario or Waluigi compatibility, it shows how Nintendo cares about this series.

This be some mighty BS, Both for having limited amiibo support AND because it hasn't been confirmed for western release. Ya know if the Switch doesn't get a WL game the series for all intents and purposes should just be considered dead. Until someone picks it up. Atleast we have alot of great fangames but that's it. It really is sad.

Miitopia looks meh to me, i never really got into the Mii games to begin with, i don't know, I would rather just have original characters then i would do mii's ("Grrr: i'm Looking at you Mario Tennis Open & Mario Golf World Tour.")

Last edited:
I don't know, I love Mii's being in Nintendo titles, so I can add characters in the game (even though it isn't really them) Like Waluigi, Saitama, etc.

Especially Costumes! if this Miitopia thing has an Ashley outfit I could use Ashley's official mii and boom! lol. Wait, what do you mean by "another example"? is this because they are treating him as a farting gross characters these days? perhaps just a lack of appearances?

Well it doesn't use the Star Fox amiibos either. But yeah, it's so strange that it would use every Mario amiibo except Wario, Waluigi, and Diddy... oh and Boo.

Well it doesn't use the Star Fox amiibos either. But yeah, it's so strange that it would use every Mario amiibo except Wario, Waluigi, and Diddy... oh and Boo.

In other words, every Mario amiibo, except the real cool ones!

Well, I prefer King Boo personally. But Boos are cool too, and King Boo doesn't have an Amiibo...

As long as it's the Luigi's Mansion version. Why they would ditch a unique design for a boring, unimaginative one is beyond me.

But the way the Mario series has been lately, i'm not surprised.

kingbo.png

As long as we don't get this design ever again,
View attachment 3020
I'm good.

Well apparently, he's not even supposed to be the King Boo that we know.

According to MarioWiki:

"He was named King Boo by the American localization team, (as seen by the episode name, "King Boo Down Below) but the original Japanese version assigns a unique name to this character (ボステレサ, meaning Boss Boo)."

Boss Boo. Much better.

Well apparently, he's not even supposed to be the King Boo that we know.

According to MarioWiki:

"He was named King Boo by the American localization team, (as seen by the episode name, "King Boo Down Below) but the original Japanese version assigns a unique name to this character (ボステレサ, meaning Boss Boo)."

Boss Boo. Much better.
Well this is awkward,
sonic-shrug.png

Opps.

Thank You, But still like, why the hell would they name a character wh0 looks and was originally supposed to be a completely different character, King Boo???? & if it was because of that crown,
consider me unsuprised. (In fact, i may had already answered my own question.)

Crown + lazy localization team or maybe they just thought the character was supposed to be "the" King Boo. They ARE extremely similiar.

Two crowned leaders of the Boos. Why would Nintendo do that? They seem to do it all the time, make a very similar new character instead of using a preexisting one.

Remember fighting Kamella from Super Mario Galaxy and wondering why they didn't just use Kammy Koopa. Now I realize it's because Kammy Koopa was created by Intelligent Systems and EAD almost never uses characters not made by themselves.

Back