Obscure characters and other one-offs that could use more

I'm not sure if Monster Rancher still has any games out or so but I'd really love to see another Monster Rancher game like the ones for the playstation.

Rest in spaghetti Shyna...

tumblr_mp3uv4ygFC1sof640o1_1280.jpg

Doshin the Giant is an obscure Nintendo game that was originally released for the 64 Disk Drive and rereleased for the Gamecube. It's a God simulator game where you can either be the island's protector or island's destroyer.

Doshin the Giant is an obscure Nintendo game that was originally released for the 64 Disk Drive and rereleased for the Gamecube. It's a God simulator game where you can either be the island's protector or island's destroyer.

Disk Drive that explains it, did this game even came to America as it was rereleased for the GC? So basically it's similar to that of Civilization or Sims something similar to that, a very cool concept.

This hame was released in Europe for the Gamecube, I believe, but not in America.

Even though Doshin is worshipped like a god on his island, he doesn't have the power to do anything he wants. In the beginning he's not that large and can only do so much. He grows more powerful and larger the more the people worship him. Either out of fear or love depending on what kind of god you want to be.

If you are a good god, you'll become yellow and cute. If you are an evil god, you'll become red and mean looking.

Man that's pretty rad, so that's what the melee trophies were getting at with the love and hate giants. It's still strange that they appear in melee even though in America we never even got the rerelease. Sounds like an altogether really fun game honestly and one that's pretty unique of Nintendo to do so similar to Pikmin and Chibi-Robo.

Melee's trophies inspired me to look up all these obscure games. Nintendo has an enormous library of unique games. It's a shame most people think Nintendo makes nothing but Mario and Zelda games.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Nintendo's got some real gems in it's arsenal that sadly doesn't get enough credit for sure. Glad to see certain series being more popular recently like Fire Emblem and the rise with the new Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii U hoping others will fall onto this as well. It'd be nice if we've gotten a new Captain Rainbow or Mach Rider though, Mach Rider 3DS yeah that sounds nice.

I wanna see the vampire enemy from mario land 2 come back, maybe in NSMB.

I really can't imagine those cool, weird enemies from the Mario Land games in a standard Mario title today. They'd look really out of place in Bowser's Army and the Mushroom Kingdom. They'd be more at home in a unique and stylised throwback to the Mario Land games (with Tatanga/Wario as the villains), using pixel art or hand-drawn animation, and set somewhere more suitable/unique than the Mushroom Kingdom.

Back