Your Opinion?

• Good Game!

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • It's Okay...

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Could've been better.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
I actually just learned from this thread that spunk also had that meaning. I could have lived happily without that knowledge though : p

I like everything with the exception of the side missions about the game.
I thought the Side Missions were interesting and hard,giving the game some more difficulty than it already had... and there are some flaws about the game that make it the not-so-perfect game..

It's a good game, but it kind of has boring level design. None of the levels really stick out to me.

The bosses were pretty cool, and the graphics are nice, but it's just missing something.

The Wario Land Shake It love was all hype. This game has depreciated in value more than most other wario land games and there is a good reason why. The pacing isn't as fast as you would expect form a wario game. The cutscenes are really terrible; they recylce the same animation over and over despite the game being so overly invested in its art style.
The game play is great at its core though it feels a lot more sluggish than what the Wario Land series has come to be known for.
Overall not an improvement from Wario Land 4. I would say its on level with Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 but with more invested and objectively better art
Wasnt a fan of the motion controls at all. This is coming from someone who loved Warioware Smooth Moves. In SM it felt like an exciting gimick. In Shake it, shaking it was alright, but aiming to throw things felt a little uneccessary.
Captain Syrup said it best, this game is completely unremarkable, just good art. A comon theme with moder games.
Speaking of Captain Syrup. Syrup and Wario working together was just a stupid idea even if they do betray each other. Wario would never work with Captain Syrup and can afford his own Ships and crew at this point.

I wouldn't even call it a good game. Its not a bad game. Its a completely unremarkable game.
Its a good art project. If they had done this level of art in the last couple Warioware series they could have been elevated.

"Wario's spunk" :Snudgewink:

Also you guys all spent a lot of time talking about jizz in this thread huh?
I know we all love Wario spunk but jeeze, don't give the man any ideas, he'll bottle it up like Belle Delphine

it's shallow as all hell honestly. I appreciate what it tries to do (especially the art style and movies, those are awesome) but it lacks the grit or general "darkness" i like from WarioLand. WarioLand 4 was constantly confusing and scaring the shit out of me and everything was given so much detail, it was as fun as it was tense and super experimental. I don't feel like Shake It has any personality in that regard, its too slow, it's art style is way too generic for a Wario game, and it's levels always feel the same. Going out of Shake It I didn't feel any excitement or happiness but you can bet my ass in every second of the other warioland games i was super excited.

also fuck motion controls. i don't even know why they included them when smooth moves was a fantastic implementation of them in comparison. i guess just because they needed "Yes, that's the wow!"

it's shallow as all hell honestly. I appreciate what it tries to do (especially the art style and movies, those are awesome) but it lacks the grit or general "darkness" i like from WarioLand. WarioLand 4 was constantly confusing and scaring the shit out of me and everything was given so much detail, it was as fun as it was tense and super experimental. I don't feel like Shake It has any personality in that regard, its too slow, it's art style is way too generic for a Wario game, and it's levels always feel the same. Going out of Shake It I didn't feel any excitement or happiness but you can bet my ass in every second of the other warioland games i was super excited.

also fuck motion controls. i don't even know why they included them when smooth moves was a fantastic implementation of them in comparison. i guess just because they needed "Yes, that's the wow!"

The Wii era had a lot of instances where motion controls were seemingly just included for the sake of it. See also Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc.

But I do agree it lacked some 'edge', and didn't feel quite as original as Wario Land 4 did. The level themes are definitely way more generic in Shake It, with a lot of ideas going for familiar yet safe platformer tropes (snowy Christmas level, haunted house, Egyptian style desert, etc) rather than the more creative setups 4 had (icy refrigeration plant, haunted village and hotel, giant board game, etc). Meanwhile the enemies do feel a tad bland/generic compared to their counterparts from previous games, with a few exceptions.

Still, I'd say at least the bosses did well in Shake It originality wise. Stuff like Hot Roderick, Chortlebot and Large Fry are definitely more quirky than your usual platformer foes, and very different from what you might expect at the end of their respective worlds.

The Wii era had a lot of instances where motion controls were seemingly just included for the sake of it. See also Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc.

But I do agree it lacked some 'edge', and didn't feel quite as original as Wario Land 4 did. The level themes are definitely way more generic in Shake It, with a lot of ideas going for familiar yet safe platformer tropes (snowy Christmas level, haunted house, Egyptian style desert, etc) rather than the more creative setups 4 had (icy refrigeration plant, haunted village and hotel, giant board game, etc). Meanwhile the enemies do feel a tad bland/generic compared to their counterparts from previous games, with a few exceptions.

Still, I'd say at least the bosses did well in Shake It originality wise. Stuff like Hot Roderick, Chortlebot and Large Fry are definitely more quirky than your usual platformer foes, and very different from what you might expect at the end of their respective worlds.
Yeah the bosses of Shake It were pretty great, that I can agree on. The infestation of the Wii with motion controls always annoyed me even when I was younger (especially in dkc:r holy shit i hate shaking my wiimote like that). Sucks because the games motion controls were actually designed for were fun (while i play it with a gamecube controller now, MKwii with a wiimote was earth shatteringly new for me back then because i'd never seen that ever in a video game, made me feel like I was actually driving a car) but they were constantly shoehorned into games that really didn't need them and just came off as overwhelming.

Overall Shake It is a FINE enough game (I mean Wario is so good none of his games are truly bad) but it really pales in comparison to the utter mindfucks that were WarioWorld and WarioLand 4 to me. it's like trying to top 2 masterpieces with an average game, it just doesn't work. I also don't feel like Wario himself is the same in Shake It, while he's fine enough he just doesn't have the same shock value to me as he did in the other games. he does have some hilarious moments though that still make it great and same with the game as a whole, what always made Wario as a franchise stand out to me was how it was pretty much the anti-mario, it never stood still and every single game was overwhelmingly confusing, weird and different but shake it feels really...standard in comparison to the other games.

Yeah the bosses of Shake It were pretty great, that I can agree on. The infestation of the Wii with motion controls always annoyed me even when I was younger (especially in dkc:r holy shit i hate shaking my wiimote like that). Sucks because the games motion controls were actually designed for were fun (while i play it with a gamecube controller now, MKwii with a wiimote was earth shatteringly new for me back then because i'd never seen that ever in a video game, made me feel like I was actually driving a car) but they were constantly shoehorned into games that really didn't need them and just came off as overwhelming.

Overall Shake It is a FINE enough game (I mean Wario is so good none of his games are truly bad) but it really pales in comparison to the utter mindfucks that were WarioWorld and WarioLand 4 to me. it's like trying to top 2 masterpieces with an average game, it just doesn't work. I also don't feel like Wario himself is the same in Shake It, while he's fine enough he just doesn't have the same shock value to me as he did in the other games. he does have some hilarious moments though that still make it great and same with the game as a whole, what always made Wario as a franchise stand out to me was how it was pretty much the anti-mario, it never stood still and every single game was overwhelmingly confusing, weird and different but shake it feels really...standard in comparison to the other games.

Oh the motion controls in DKC Returns were pretty dire. Thank god Tropical Freeze made them entirely optional.

And I get that about it not living up to the previous two games or so. Wario Land 4 and Wario World were certainly very weird and out there, so to go back to a more standard feeling platformer with Shake It must have been jarring. They understood that Wario was a badass, but didn't quite get that the wackiness of the world and inhabitants was as big a part of the series charm in my opinion.

Also I'm gonna guess you skipped Master of Disguise, cause that game is... somewhat of a mixed bag. It has some charm (like in Shake It, the bosses seem to be the high point there, along with the music), but it definitely didn't capture the feel of the older titles.

Oh the motion controls in DKC Returns were pretty dire. Thank god Tropical Freeze made them entirely optional.

And I get that about it not living up to the previous two games or so. Wario Land 4 and Wario World were certainly very weird and out there, so to go back to a more standard feeling platformer with Shake It must have been jarring. They understood that Wario was a badass, but didn't quite get that the wackiness of the world and inhabitants was as big a part of the series charm in my opinion.

Also I'm gonna guess you skipped Master of Disguise, cause that game is... somewhat of a mixed bag. It has some charm (like in Shake It, the bosses seem to be the high point there, along with the music), but it definitely didn't capture the feel of the older titles.
hahah yeah, skipped Master of Disguise because I knew i wouldn't like it. =3=
by the way, thank you for making this site. as a sorta internet oldhead it feels good to finally have a true to form, no nonsense forum, especially one as modernized and clean as this while still retaining what I loved about them and on the topic of something as slick as Wario!

Back