Passage/level order in Wario Land 4

In what order do you clear Wario Land 4?

• Clockwise!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anticlockwise!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • My favorite first!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • My favorite last!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Insider
So, I was playing Wario Land 4 earlier and I thought, no matter how many times I play the game, I always clear the passages in the same order.

I always go anticlockwise (Emerald -> Ruby -> Topaz -> Sapphire).

So this topic is for you to share how you play Wario Land 4. In what order do you clear the game?

I always skip around from level to level on a whim, never really settling on one passage. I keep beating levels until each boss is unlocked. Then, I fight those. Same way I played as a kid, actually.

Gotta disagree on the difficulty curve though, Topaz is cake. Ruby was always the hardest for me.

Topaz isn't that easy. Each level has a gimmick, and I've seen plenty of people having trouble figuring stuff out. Like, in Toy Block Tower, the 2 gimiicks are the Toy Shape Blocks, and the Cat Blocks. I've seen people who had some difficulty understanding that the Cat Blocks respawn when the room reloads, but the Normal Breakable Blocks don't. (But hey, I've seen people fail to understand that blocks don't respawn until you leave the level, and assume they always respawn when you return to a room).

In The Big Board some people have trouble understanding how the Board Game works. Some people even fail to understand the purpose of the Get Signs.

In Domino Row, I've seen a person ASSUME THAT YOU GOTTA WAIT FOR THE DOMINOES TO HIT THE SWITCH, AND THEREFOR FAIL EVERY SINGLE PUZZLE.

So yeah, Topaz Passage insolves thinking and having to figure stuff out.

Last edited:
Topaz isn't that easy. Each level has a gimmick, and I've seen plenty of people having trouble figuring stuff out. Like, in Toy Block Tower, the 2 gimiicks are the Toy Shape Blocks, and the Cat Blocks. I've seen people who had some difficulty understanding that the Cat Blocks respawn when the room reloads, but the Normal Breakable Blocks don't. (But hey, I've seen people fail to understand that blocks don't respawn until you leave the level, and assume they always respawn when you return to a room).

In The Big Board some people have trouble understanding how the Board Game works. Some people even fail to understand the purpose of the Get Signs.

In Domino Row, I've seen a person ASSUME THAT YOU GOTTA WAIT FOR THE DOMINOES TO HIT THE SWITCH, AND THEREFOR FAIL EVERY SINGLE PUZZLE.

So yeah, Topaz Passage insolves thinking and having to figure stuff out.

That stuff always seemed fairly intuitive to me. I mean, wouldn't you understand it the first time you see it happen?

That stuff always seemed fairly intuitive to me. I mean, wouldn't you understand it the first time you see it happen?

Not everyone does.
I remember getting sfuck in the first room of Toy Block Tower for a long time, because I couldn't figure out what to do with the Pyramid Block. Even thoughg i had the idea that i need to put it above the door, I couldn't figure out that I need to throw it, i kept just jumping with it or something.

Other things weren't as hard for me to figure out, from what I remember, but I've seen various people have trouble figuring those stuff out

Not everyone does.
I remember getting sfuck in the first room of Toy Block Tower for a long time, because I couldn't figure out what to do with the Pyramid Block. Even thoughg i had the idea that i need to put it above the door, I couldn't figure out that I need to throw it, i kept just jumping with it or something.

Other things weren't as hard for me to figure out, from what I remember, but I've seen various people have trouble figuring those stuff out

Interesting. I do recall it taking me a bit to "get" the Pyramid Block part, so I can see what you are saying.

I guess I just always thought the more difficult parts of WL4 were the ones that demand technical skill rather than problem-solving, It's a lot more action-oriented than its predecessors.

Back