Possible Wario Origin story?

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Insider
Ok, so I'm not sure if this was already mentioned or thought about, but there's a theory going around about E. Gadd. The theory talks about how E. Gadd created Gooigi.
I have the video here:

It's not a headcanon per se, it's more speculation, but it made me think. Basically he was trying to replicate the Mario Bros either by creating a robot with data collected by F.L.U.D.D., or adding shape to some goo using the data from the Pixelator (which contains Luigi's data). At one point he's able to send Gooigi back in time to meet Luigi from Luigi's Mansion 1.

My thoughts are, what if Wario is actually the first successful result of his mad experiments? What if Wario was actually created by E. Gadd in the far future after all those experiments and sent back in time to match against Mario? And the same for Waluigi, but he was more-so supposed to help Wario in sports? Maybe the 2 "Wario bros" are just around to represent E. Gadd in every game, trying to snatch Mario's success somehow.

Kinda farfetched but we really don't know where Wario or Waluigi come from, only that they're based on Mario and Luigi. What do you guys think?

Well, it's an interesting theory, I'll say that. May send it off to SwankyBox and hear his thoughts on it too.

SwankyBox's response was:

That's definitely pretty interesting. Almost like that's the 3rd iteration of the cycle.

With time travel being thrown around, I guess really anything is possible.

SwankyBox's response was:
That was quick! I'm glad he found it interesting. I just wish there was more info to support this, we're just going on a bit blind on this, but I mean, it could make some sense? Idk.

I always imagined Wario as a greedy guy who saw Mario and then dedicated himself to being the guy's rival.
But this is an interesting and plausible theory!

Too bad we'll probably never no where Mr. WAAA comes from for sure.

Well, to be fair, one doesn't exclude the other, depending on what games are canon. He's a greedy baby who competes with Mario way back from infancy, which is quite hilarious, or they never met formally and Wario started to develop this rivalry from hearing about Mario's prowesses. It really depends on what you consider to be actual canon because either way, the "birth" of Wario can still be based on this idea. Remember that the potential cloning would happen in the future, so if he'd be created based on Mario and then sent back, they could be the same age and those events would match from other theories untouched.

Well, to be fair, one doesn't exclude the other, depending on what games are canon. He's a greedy baby who competes with Mario way back from infancy, which is quite hilarious, or they never met formally and Wario started to develop this rivalry from hearing about Mario's prowesses. It really depends on what you consider to be actual canon because either way, the "birth" of Wario can still be based on this idea. Remember that the potential cloning would happen in the future, so if he'd be created based on Mario and then sent back, they could be the same age and those events would match from other theories untouched.
I'm a Nintendo fan, what's a canon?
XD

In all seriousness I see your point. Good stuff.

A bit of a far-fetched theory, but an interesting one nontheless. Could explain why Wario and Waluigi are so extremely similar (and, at the same time, the very opposite) of the Mario Brothers, something that is quite peculiar when you really think about it, but is never explained in any of the games.

I'm a Nintendo fan, what's a canon?
Canon is, in a nutshell, ''the story as it is'': the official storyline, events, characters etc. of a given fictional work, as defined by the authors.

A bit of a far-fetched theory, but an interesting one nontheless. Could explain why Wario and Waluigi are so extremely similar (and, at the same time, the very opposite) of the Mario Brothers, something that is quite peculiar when you really think about it, but is never explained in any of the games.
Yeah, it's definitely far-fetched, the only advantage is not really interfering with any other ideas, it's easy to adapt any theory on top of it, really. But then again, we really don't have any proof, just ideas from another remote theory that may or may not be related.

Canon is, in a nutshell, ''the story as it is'': the official storyline, events, characters etc. of a given fictional work, as defined by the authors.
I think that was asked in sarcasm.

Back