It's funny, cuz i thought we were on the same page, I don't know that band or song so when I heard the wah wah effect on the guitar I naturally assumed :p

We got an antena for our tv, and were picking up a channel that has ring of honor on it. Ive been enjoying it here and there, my only problem is that the episodes are not played in order, they seem to just play random episodes, so I absolutely never understand whats going on story wise. Its too bad, too. It seems like a good show : (

Also, have you guys heard that Goldberg is gonna be inducted into the wwe hall of fame? Is pretty cool : p Am glad these guys are getting some recognition.

There was a Lucha Underground event which was brodcasted last year on a channel... this LU event which was Ultima Lucha 1 was a event from 2015 so it was a completely random brodcast so you're not the only one who witnessed random episodes of a wrestling promotion xD I've watched it a little even though I wasn't a fan of this promotion and I'm not today neither, I'm not interested by this company. I only watch NJPW (mostly), WWE and sometimes ROH (aaah the memories with Kevin Steen, El Generico, Adam Cole, AJ Styles as the leader of the BC...).
If you want to know what's currently happening on ROH, you can check the youtube channel for example.

As for Goldberg intronised into the HOF, it's not surprising at all, it was going to happen sooner than later. Another WCW legend to be hall of famer even though I wasn't really a fan of this gentleman.
The only time I saw Goldberg wrestled live, it was during his recent run in 2016-2017 which was kinda forgettable, only his 1min24s match with Lesnar was kinda memorable though that was weird to see because not only I was rooting for Brock Lesnar, but all this build-up, this monster push of Lesnar during all these years only to be destroyed in a squash match. I've barely watched his run in the 90's (WCW) and his first run in WWE because I wasn't born during his WCW run and I was only between 2 and 4 years old during his WWE run. I guess he kinda deserve his place at the HoF for his squash matches and his undefeated streak that made him a star.
There's actually 2 guys who formed one of the greatest teams I'm really excited to see in the HOF, of course, I'm talking about the DUDLEY BOYZ ! Hope there will be some... tables !

There was a Lucha Underground event which was brodcasted last year on a channel... this LU event which was Ultima Lucha 1 was a event from 2015 so it was a completely random brodcast so you're not the only one who witnessed random episodes of a wrestling promotion xD I've watched it a little even though I wasn't a fan of this promotion and I'm not today neither, I'm not interested by this company. I only watch NJPW (mostly), WWE and sometimes ROH (aaah the memories with Kevin Steen, El Generico, Adam Cole, AJ Styles as the leader of the BC...).
If you want to know what's currently happening on ROH, you can check the youtube channel for example.

As for Goldberg intronised into the HOF, it's not surprising at all, it was going to happen sooner than later. Another WCW legend to be hall of famer even though I wasn't really a fan of this gentleman.
The only time I saw Goldberg wrestled live, it was during his recent run in 2016-2017 which was kinda forgettable, only his 1min24s match with Lesnar was kinda memorable though that was weird to see because not only I was rooting for Brock Lesnar, but all this build-up, this monster push of Lesnar during all these years only to be destroyed in a squash match. I've barely watched his run in the 90's (WCW) and his first run in WWE because I wasn't born during his WCW run and I was only between 2 and 4 years old during his WWE run. I guess he kinda deserve his place at the HoF for his squash matches and his undefeated streak that made him a star.
There's actually 2 guys who formed one of the greatest teams I'm really excited to see in the HOF, of course, I'm talking about the DUDLEY BOYZ ! Hope there will be some... tables !

Haha, yeah it's hard to get into a wrestling show from seeing like a few matches, with no idea whats happening story-wise : p ROH looked fun though, the preformers were good, and put on a good show. I enjoyed the bit between Jay Lethal and I think his name was something castle? He was the world champ and had two side kicks called "the boys", anywho its clear what his gimick was and I laughed when he asked Lethal to take a seat on one of his "boys", haha. It looked like a fun show, dont think im gonna go out of my way to watch it, though : p

And I get why people wouldnt be into Goldberg, yeah. I've noticed that every wrestling fan sees wrestling differently. Some people are really into the technical stuff, the abilities of the preformers and what they can do. And some are more into the like spectacle element of it, like the gimicks, characters and writing. I'm definitely the kinda person whos more drawn to it cuz the characters, haha.

I dont think that technical ability is as important when it comes to pro wrestling. I mean, it IS important, you gotta be able to pull off a wrestling match obviously. But I think that the way nature of the business makes a difference with this kinda show as compared to an actual sports event. Pro wrestling is theatrical, everything is written and planned out, and the guys who can create more fans is gonna get the spot light. So it makes sense that Goldberg was a huge deal to the viewers. He looked like a monster, his moves were really cool and when not having to have a long match, he put on a good show, so it was exciting for people everytime he came out in the ring : p He may have not been the master of technical ability, but he was cool and fun to watch, haha.

I know there alot of Goldberg haters, but not every fan cares so much about technical ability, and its not cuz their simple minded or anything like that. I mean the whole thing is a show, the preformers who can get the audience excited the most are more likely to make it. Fans like me arent so dumb that we don't get technical ability, if a preformer can act the part of technical wrestler hes good enough, I mean the whole thing is an act anyway : p

(Sorry for the long post, would like to hear others opinions though)

When wrestling is deeply rooted into your culture, ukiyo-e is so beautiful.
Source
DWXrCj1UMAAV-w1.jpg:large

Vince mcmahon has held alot of champion belts for a non wrestler.

Am kinda glad hes never held the wcw title, though : p

@Magma I looked up ddt wrestling on youtube, that ragdoll wrestling was the greatest thing I had ever seen, haha. Wish I could see that ladder match where the ladder won the belt : p

Not only that but that shade of blue is way too...mellow. Though nowadays it almost feels like WWE has a monopoly when it comes to blue and red color schemes.
Yeah, I thought of it as "sleepy", so definitely agreed that the color is awful : p

And yeah, true. Though they werent the first to use those colors to represent two shows : p Ive always thought it would be cool to use different colors though, always thought purple and green would be cool. Last time I saw tna they were using green, looked cool.

WWE used green before for a kid's themed show. I thought it looked quite cool but too bad it was for a show that was well even more dumbed down than usual.

Back