It's like one of those exaggerated parody TV commercials for products aimed at kids with 2-second attention spans, constantly zooming in and out to make it more visually striking (but since it's often a parody, actually just to make it more obnoxious).

So theres a small youtube channel that does both video game reviews as well as retro wresting stuff that I used to watch back when he uploaded videos, hes been gone for like ever but a few months ago he posted one more video, and I left a response on it. And this morning I wake up to a response telling me "WCW was back" and that I should subscribe to their channel to watch "real" wrestling. Heres the convo-

[Me]
Hey, I was actually sorta worried about you. Am glad youre back. Great video, btw. I was not aware Slamboree had nice looking arenas. Well, at least up until 99-2000 anyway. Looking forward to more videos.

Highlighted reply
V/CV/ World Championship Wrestling Syndicate14 minutes ago
[In response to me] From V/CV/ Control Center; If you would like to see some non-political,non-stale High Quality,High competitive Wrestling again,then subscribe to V/CV/ World Championship Wrestling Syndicate and be apart of the real deal in professional wrestling.The Re-ignition,the real home of V/CV/: V/CV/ World Championship Wrestling Syndicate. Join now for the latest and greatest from the Power House & Giant of Professional Wrestling: V/CV/ "Where the big boys play" Join us here on You Tube for our affiliated syndication. The big boys are back. Wrestling is not dead. Anymore.
Show less

So I decided to go ahead and look at their videos, and its a guy playing wrestling games, haha : p

I think Ill subscribe for the effort, but cant say that Ill actually be able to sit through hours of him playing a video game : p

I appreciate the "non-poitical" bit, though I wasnt aware that had made its way into pro wrestling, haha.

So theres a small youtube channel that does both video game reviews as well as retro wresting stuff that I used to watch back when he uploaded videos, hes been gone for like ever but a few months ago he posted one more video, and I left a response on it. And this morning I wake up to a response telling me "WCW was back" and that I should subscribe to their channel to watch "real" wrestling. Heres the convo-

[Me]
Hey, I was actually sorta worried about you. Am glad youre back. Great video, btw. I was not aware Slamboree had nice looking arenas. Well, at least up until 99-2000 anyway. Looking forward to more videos.

Highlighted reply
V/CV/ World Championship Wrestling Syndicate14 minutes ago
[In response to me] From V/CV/ Control Center; If you would like to see some non-political,non-stale High Quality,High competitive Wrestling again,then subscribe to V/CV/ World Championship Wrestling Syndicate and be apart of the real deal in professional wrestling.The Re-ignition,the real home of V/CV/: V/CV/ World Championship Wrestling Syndicate. Join now for the latest and greatest from the Power House & Giant of Professional Wrestling: V/CV/ "Where the big boys play" Join us here on You Tube for our affiliated syndication. The big boys are back. Wrestling is not dead. Anymore.
Show less

So I decided to go ahead and look at their videos, and its a guy playing wrestling games, haha : p

I think Ill subscribe for the effort, but cant say that Ill actually be able to sit through hours of him playing a video game : p

I appreciate the "non-poitical" bit, though I wasnt aware that had made its way into pro wrestling, haha.

Ha! Boy... That's bonkers. I'm sure a few people will visit the channel and spew a slew of insults at the guy for totally crushing their hopes.

In other news, look what arrived in the mail today!
It was wrapped up pretty damn tight, like a mummy in a tomb full of bubble wrap. The package was too large for the mail box, so I had to kneel on my damp front lawn, pulling and pivoting the thing out without damaging the parcel. Blasted mailman... Next time I see him, I reckon I'll piledrive his head into my muddy front lawn.

s-l500.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Haha, Ive never seen so many huge buff guys in one video ever : p Man thats cheesy, haha.

I miss cheesy stuff like this, wish that kinda junk could be acceptable again : p

*Edit: Also totally didnt notice that suplex when he was singing "piledriver", haha.

Haha, Ive never seen so many huge buff guys in one video ever : p Man thats cheesy, haha.

I miss cheesy stuff like this, wish that kinda junk could be acceptable again : p

*Edit: Also totally didnt notice that suplex when he was singing "piledriver", haha.

Heheh. Yah, it's a real shame they don't have crazy fun like that anymore. And that was only one of the music videos featured on this VHS tape. There's about eight or more with some very funny moments throughout. They're based on the 1987 album, Piledriver: The Wrestling Album II (the sequel to The Wrestling Album).

Sadly, these videos haven't been on Youtube in forever! About ten years ago they had the whole VHS uploaded with all the little movies/intros (obviously Youtube was very carefree back then). Today everything is super strict and regulated by WWE. Really ticks me off, as there's so much old stuff they won't let out of the vault, but they won't let people upload/see it, either.

There's plenty of great old wrestling games if you know where to look.
WWF Superstars, Wrestlefest, and Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game were three absolute ripper arcade games. All of them were great for their time, and are still fun today.

1:38 - "I'll put YOU to sleep with my Million Dollar Dream!"

This game was pretty iconic. More of an insane fighting/wrestling mash-up, and a ton of fun with your wrestling buddies.

My favourite handheld wrestler will always be WWF Superstars for Game Boy, developed by Rare, and published by LJN (seriously, not all of their games were poor).
Rare made about three wrestling games (two for NES, and this one for GB). This was the last wrestler they made, and the first wrestling game made for Game Boy.
This says an awful lot, as it was certainly more polished than the GB wrestlers that came after it.
Naturally it's aged a great deal, and it only featured 5 wrestlers, but for a GB title in 1991 it was an excellent distraction for wrestling fans on the go.

Superstarsgb.jpg

Last edited:
I always think of AVGN as a comedian before taking him too seriously, like hes revisited games from previous videos in like his playthroughs with Mike and said that they were fun when you actually tried to figure them out and junk. I dont take him /too/ seriously : p And Ive heard that LJN has had good games from others online too, yeah : p

I was sorta annoyed that he dumped on the wcw game the most, though. I mean he clearly said some of the wwe games were unplayable, dunno why the focus was on the wcw game, cant help but feel like he was pandering to hardcore wwe nerds > : ( Ive heard its not the best game ever, but never heard anyone say it was really that unplayable.

I always think of AVGN as a comedian before taking him too seriously, like hes revisited games from previous videos in like his playthroughs with Mike and said that they were fun when you actually tried to figure them out and junk. I dont take him /too/ seriously : p And Ive heard that LJN has had good games from others online too, yeah : p

I was sorta annoyed that he dumped on the wcw game the most, though. I mean he clearly said some of the wwe games were unplayable, dunno why the focus was on the wcw game, cant help but feel like he was pandering to hardcore wwe nerds > : ( Ive heard its not the best game ever, but never heard anyone say it was really that unplayable.

Well, as you say, he's just exaggerating the games he covers whenever he's in character as the nerd. Mind you, this brainwashes an awful lot of younger players who don't know any better, and hold his word as gospel. There's quite a few wrestling games that were deemed good/great at the time, but are now the ridicule of Youtube comedians. If anything isn't Mario Bros 3 these days, it seems to be open season for critics. I've learned to just let it roll off my back.

Well, as you say, he's just exaggerating the games he covers whenever he's in character as the nerd. Mind you, this brainwashes an awful lot of younger players who don't know any better, and hold his word as gospel. There's quite a few wrestling games that were deemed good/great at the time, but are now the ridicule of Youtube comedians. If anything isn't Mario Bros 3 these days, it seems to be open season for critics. I've learned to just let it roll off my back.
We live in an age where whatever's popular is some sort of gospel. Popular cartoon Rick and Morty made a joke about some obscure McDonalds sauce that was released back in 1998 and the show treated it as some sort of holy grail and due to the popularity of that cartoon, prompted McDonalds to rerelease the sauce due to popular demand. However, due to McDonalds being overly restrictive with supplies not enough was given out. However, people made way too big off a fuss over some high fructose corn syrup garbage that was touted by some cartoon.

I love this rather harsh but apt comment

shamz0rz1 day ago
Hundreds of retards buying some shitty sauce because a cartoon told them to. Society is lost.
REPLY626

Popular cartoon Rick and Morty made a joke about some obscure McDonalds sauce that was released back in 1998 and the show treated it as some sort of holy grail and due to the popularity of that cartoon, prompted McDonalds to rerelease the sauce due to popular demand. However, due to McDonalds being overly restrictive with supplies not enough was given out. However, people made way too big off a fuss over some high fructose corn syrup garbage that was touted by some cartoon.

I will say, it did make me curious about the product. Like, why was it so memorable that they put it into a cartoon? I would try it out of curiosity : p

I had that with crystal pepsi, I saw it on a "I love the 80s" vh1 video, and wanted to try it, merely out of curiosity of a product that was canceled : p I did finally get to try it like.... last year I think. I didnt care for it, and understood why it was canceled, haha.

There was nothing memorable about the sauce, the series just has a strange sense of humor. It could've been any past discontinued product like Planters PB Crisps or Altoids Sours and the idiot fans would've gone crazy for it.

We live in an age where whatever's popular is some sort of gospel. Popular cartoon Rick and Morty made a joke about some obscure McDonalds sauce that was released back in 1998 and the show treated it as some sort of holy grail and due to the popularity of that cartoon, prompted McDonalds to rerelease the sauce due to popular demand. However, due to McDonalds being overly restrictive with supplies not enough was given out. However, people made way too big off a fuss over some high fructose corn syrup garbage that was touted by some cartoon.

I love this rather harsh but apt comment

shamz0rz1 day ago
Hundreds of retards buying some shitty sauce because a cartoon told them to. Society is lost.
REPLY626

I get a good chuckle out of Rick and Morty. I'm sure the writers didn't plan on this ridiculous phenomenon. It's a very self-aware show, full of worldly 'insights' and tongue-in-cheek humour. That's why it's so ironic that people who watch it would behave in a way that the show sets out to mock and ridicule. They are the joke.

@MonaWare do you remember Kwee Wee?

Sadly I do not, I missed the last era of.wcw, where they changed the logo and all that. The nwo was still a big thing when we stopped watching : p

He looks pretty fruity, though. I'm sure that gimmick is considered offensive by todays generation. Makes you wonder why Goldust is still accepted : p

I went to TLC the other day. It was a good show. Getting to see Kurt Angle wrestle again for the first time since I was a kid was a treat. Hell, having Kane in the same match made it have more of my childhood than I expected. Best match aside from novelty was definitely AJ Styles vs Finn Balor, but the main event was awesome and kind of silly.

Back