Profile Post Limit Changed

I think it was already on the high site. This is too much.
Edit: just look at the homepage right now. This is way too much. And Magma's status isn't even near the limit.

Yes more usable, but 50 000 characters is overkill. 800 or something should be enough. The comments of each post has 420 characters, sometimes I have trouble with that limit, but it's still better.

I like the new limit but soon enough we may be swamed with people using the entire limit just for the sake of it, i can understand people doing that at first but i just hope it doesn't become a trend.

• Agree
Reactions: Rei
I actually do appreciate the larger limit, yeah, it's beyond excessive for what a Profile Post is meant to be, but as long as everyone uses it responsibly there really won't be any harm in having it there.

Oh yes, of course, longer is better, it was way too short! Almost like Twitter! xD
However, even if we "trust" the users for not posting huge texts, there is always going to be a few people that will try to abuse it (not like once or twice to make fun of it, but constanlty). And to be honest, it has more to do with database capacity. Don't kill me for saying that, I know text is not a big deal in a database, but if we get more and more people on, it will affect in the long run.

Geez, calm down people. Profile posts aren't that important.

What would everyone have done in the old days, where profiles were simply static pages?

Sure, CM30! Profile posts aren't that important, I agree. That's the reason why the limit might be to big for them. I never needed profile posts in the past, but now that we have them, I use them a lot. That means I'm happy about the limit change, though it doesn't need to be so big, that's all. :)

Will you guys proofread my 100 page essay

I thought you just copy pasted that from Wikipedia : p

And Im okay with it, as long as people dont go crazy with it. I mean, Magma and Glowsquids jokes were funny, but now that thats out of the way lets be reasonable with it : p

I like that its been expanded, I sometimes have to shrink my profile posts down : p Its nice having a nearly unlimited amount of space for profile posts, now : p

I thought you just copy pasted that from Wikipedia : p

And Im okay with it, as long as people dont go crazy with it. I mean, Magma and Glowsquids jokes were funny, but now that thats out of the way lets be reasonable with it : p

I like that its been expanded, I sometimes have to shrink my profile posts down : p Its nice having a nearly unlimited amount of space for profile posts, now : p
I was thinking of posting an actual essay of mine which I probably will still do eventually.

What would everyone have done in the old days, where profiles were simply static pages?
Huh, how do you mean? On forums where you can't post status updates, you mean? Just use the IRC channel, a chat-box, or a thread. But why would you ask that?

Edit: Oh, and I like how you deleted your previous post d:p

Back