Puyo Puyo

Male voices seem to be shaping up. Don't really care much for the female voices as I feel like they'll all end up sounding unremarkable.

Speaking of male voices I'm very curious as to how Carbuncle is going to fare, they could just leave him with his japanese voice and it wouldn't matter, but I'd be fine with a new one as long as they keep it at ''Guu'' and give him a tolerable voice, because while I found most of Fever 1's english dub to be just kinda forgetable, amateurish and medicore, english Carby and his infernal ''TADA!1!'' was the one major exception that activally gives me a friggin' aneurysm.

Personally, I'm REALLY liking the voices I've heard so far. Male AND Female. BTW, @warelander, the female voice heard alongside Tee IS Ringo.

Speaking of male voices I'm very curious as to how Carbuncle is going to fare, they could just leave him with his Japanese voice and it wouldn't matter, but I'd be fine with a new one as long as they keep it at ''Guu'' and give him a tolerable voice, because while I found most of Fever 1's English dub to be just kinda forgettable, amateurish and mediocre, English Carby and his infernal ''TADA!!!'' was the one major exception that actively gives me a friggin' aneurysm.

I always had the idea that Carbuncle would go the "Pikachu-route" in terms of English voice acting. Specifically, he'd reuse his Japanese voice clips in English.

I'm not too crazy about Ringo's then. I mean in the Japanese games she had a pretty distinct sounding voice while this just sounds like "female English anime dub voice". A bit nitpicky but it gets the job done and the acting itself is fine.

I'm not too crazy about Ringo's then. I mean in the Japanese games she had a pretty distinct sounding voice while this just sounds like "female English anime dub voice". A bit nitpicky but it gets the job done and the acting itself is fine.

Well, I suppose I have to give you that. Going by my earlier criticism, I also feel that Ringo needs a bit more..."uniqueness" to her voice. Maybe a new inflection to it, I don't know.

Aside from her, I feel that I need to hear more of Draco's English voice before I can get used to the idea that SEGA's going with the concept of Draco sounding "TOO competent./TOO hot-blooded".

While I understand your potential issues with Draco's English voice I'm honestly just glad that it sounds nothing like her current Japanese voice.

Well, thank you. I understand that I kind of bring up my..."uncertainty" over Draco's current English voice actress a bit often, and I'm sorry if it's a bit bothersome. Like I said earlier, maybe if I hear more of it, I'll be more accustomed to it.

Also, is (Japanese, SEGA-era) Draco's voice really that annoying? I mean, from what I've heard of her in the Japanese version of PPT, and the voice clips I've heard from Chronicles, I can't really say I've EVER considered (Japanese, SEGA-era) Draco to sound all that bothersome.

Admitingly it got a bit better over time, but just listen to her in PP7 (especially a match that regulary plays her heavy damage voice clip) and you will know true pain.

Also:
tumblr_om6zf1Hdbd1uvmnzoo1_1280.png

Those Schezo-isms Yo.

Now that we've sampled the voice acting I'm very curious as to the approach the dialogue localization will have. I tried the PuyoNexus translation patches before and I found them to be quite dry. On the other hand, this localization seems like it might be a bit woolseyism heavy. That being said, I don't think that's a bad thing and might be preferable if they don't stray away too far from the characters.

I don't think I have a preference for either translating "Be my desire" literally or those pretty awful innuendos though.

You can hear english Ringo and Schezo
http://schezoroark.tumblr.com/post/158013353913/audio-only-so-i-hit-up-the-switch-event-and-madehere

I actually quite like how Ringo sounds, though Schezo will take some time to get used to, it's not bad, but the Masakazu Morita voice will always be the Schezo for me.

Yeah, I have to agree with you. Just like with Draco, I'm going to have to hear more of Schezo in English to truly get used to him, but for the most part, I have to say, I kind of like what I'm hearing so far. In Schezo's case, the ONLY criticism I have for him is that he needs to have a lighter (MAYBE younger overall) tone to his voice.

@warelander, I was meaning to ask you, do you still remember the character model sheets for Puyo Puyo~n's intro that I showed you? Specifically the ones for Arle, Carbuncle, Rulue, Satan, Draco, Witch, and Seriri? I kind of thought you were going to post those on your Tumblr. I mean, you don't HAVE to, I'm just asking.

I could do that, it just so happened that you showed them at a time were I was just about to get a new Laptop, since the old one became screwy, so I didn't really post anything on Tumblr for a while and only reblogged.

I wanted to be more active there again anyways, so I appreciate the suggestion.

I could do that, it just so happened that you showed them at a time were I was just about to get a new Laptop, since the old one became screwy, so I didn't really post anything on Tumblr for a while and only reblogged.

I wanted to be more active there again anyways, so I appreciate the suggestion.

Oh, I see. Well, that make sense.

Thanks! BTW, two things:

1. You can mention me by name if you want. I don't mind.

2. I don't suppose you or ANYONE on this thread can tell me what animation studio worked on Puyo Puyo~n's intro? I've been trying to find out for a year, and I'm nowhere close to figuring it out.

I can try to dig up infos on that, though I can't gurantee that I'll find out.

Thanks, I appreciate it. The only thing I can infer (and even THEN, I might be SO wrong on this) is that the artstyle greatly resembles that of Tekken: The Motion Picture's art.

Again, I'm only speculating. I literally have NO idea what studio may have worked on Puyo Puyo~n's intro, so please don't quote me on this.

The english Puyo Tetris website has seen an update,now it's essentially the japanese site, but localized, not sure if the character descriptions are translated one to one, but I do find this one interesting:

char_sigu.jpg

It's never been clear whether or not Sig's anomalies were there since his birth or if it was something that happened later on, both have been implied (though the latter more commonly) several times, so it's interesting to see which version will be used to introduce Sig to western players.

The english Puyo Tetris website has seen an update,now it's essentially the japanese site, but localized, not sure if the character descriptions are translated one to one, but I do find this one interesting:

char_sigu.jpg

It's never been clear whether or not Sig's anomalies were there since his birth or if it was something that happened later on, both have been implied (though the latter more commonly) several times, so it's interesting to see which version will be used to introduce Sig to western players.

I should probably mention the site's been updated last week/a week and a half ago. Funny, I could have sworn I posted the character descriptions of Arle and Carbuncle, Amitie, and Ringo on here. In case I didn't:
char_arle.jpg
char_amity.jpg
char_ringo.jpg

Also, there's something VERY interesting that should be noted about Risukuma's bio:
char_risukumasenpai.jpg

So the explosion from a botched experiment may NOT be the cause of him looking this or something? Just like with Sig, I wonder what explanation SEGA of America intends to introduce Risukuma with to the West.

Back