Puyo Puyo

I wonder of this was a HIGHLY subtle sign that Tarutaru would NOT be kept around for future Puyo games, outside of Quest. Which, IMO, is a little sad, as I always felt like he kind of "round out" the Primp (Fever-era) cast in a way, being their heavyset character and all.

Tarutaru's disappearance always struck me as especially odd, from one game to the next he was just gone from the class, never to be seen or referenced again by anyone or anything, apart from Puyo Puyo Quest.

......OK. Two things.

1. Rulue, I know you're not ashamed of your body (and to be fair, I guess you certainly have a....damn GOOD (LOOKING) REASON), but there should REEEAAAALY be a limit as to how far you'll go...and YES, this includes Satan...

2. @warelander, I know you don't exactly read Japanese, but in relation to the context of that Puyo 4-koma as a whole....

Heh, you remember that one, from that other 4-koma post, nice.

But yeah, this wasn't even the most extreme example, there is actually one 4-koma strip that I might seriously consider to never post, because of how strongly it leans into NSFW territory, I'm still debating on that.

Nope, you'd be surprised for how long I can talk about something, when someone actually shows interest in conversing, kinda refreshing to have that again somewhere on this forum, reminds me of the forst two years here.

And yeah, I know you were joking, I wasn't taking it seriously, I'm just saying that I missed these kind of conversations, there used to be a lot more of that in the early years and it's just nice to have that again on here.

If I came off like a dick then I apologize that was not my intention.

Tarutaru's disappearance always struck me as especially odd, from one game to the next he was just gone from the class, never to be seen or referenced again by anyone or anything, apart from Puyo Puyo Quest.

Oh, and don't forget Ms. Accord's little mention of him in 15th Anniversary, where she states that Tarutaru has been absent from class for goodness knows HOW long between the end of Fever 2 and the beginning of 15th Anniversary. It's really sad, as I REALLY wanted him to at least appear in 15th Anniversary before getting removed from the console games.

Heh, you remember that one, from that other 4-koma post, nice.

But yeah, this wasn't even the most extreme example, there is actually one 4-koma strip that I might seriously consider to never post, because of how strongly it leans into NSFW territory, I'm still debating on that.

Yeah, I saw that one. Just...wow, Rulue. Honestly, I'm a little glad Compile had gone with their "chibi-style" art for that 4-koma. It would have shocked the living DAYLIGHTS out of me if they went realistic for THAT.

Wait a minute...it's not that one where Schezo fantasizes (I REALLY hope that's the case....) about finally re-capturing Arle (and Carbuncle with her time) in chains, with him as some sort of dungeon master, is it?

Are you two done yet!!

.....Do you REALLY want the answer to that....?

Um...in all seriousness though, you're not annoyed with us, are you?

Oh, and don't forget Ms. Accord's little mention of him in 15th Anniversary, where she states that Tarutaru has been absent from class for goodness knows HOW long between the end of Fever 2 and the beginning of 15th Anniversary. It's really sad, as I REALLY wanted him to at least appear in 15th Anniversary before getting removed from the console games
I do remember that, in fact, it's the fact that they bothered to reference him at all that gives me the impression that they may not have planned to ged rid of him at that point. Either that or it's another example 15th trying to maintain consistency with Fever 2, by acknowledging Tarutaru being absent as something iunusual.

Wait a minute...it's not that one where Schezo fantasizes (I REALLY hope that's the case....) about finally re-capturing Arle (and Carbuncle with her time) in chains, with him as some sort of dungeon master, is it?
Oh yeah, it's this one alright, though the other one I was reffering to is worse, if I were to post it I'd hide it under a readmore and give a NSFW warning, just to be safe

Ashley Puyo.png

Puyo Puyo!

I do remember that, in fact, it's the fact that they bothered to reference him at all that gives me the impression that they may not have planned to get rid of him at that point. Either that or it's another example 15th trying to maintain consistency with Fever 2, by acknowledging Tarutaru being absent as something unusual.

Yeah, I actually kind of miss Tarutaru. As I've said before, if they really were going to remove him from the console games, they could have at least left him in 15th Anniversary, and THEN taken him out of the series.

Oh yeah, it's this one alright, though the other one I was referring to is worse, if I were to post it I'd hide it under a read more and give a NSFW warning, just to be safe

Wow, WORSE than the one I described? I almost want to ask you if you could at least describe it.

Wow, it's cute! Still, forgive me for sounding cliched, but I feel like this would be more than fitting for Feli...

Yeah, I actually kind of miss Tarutaru. As I've said before, if they really were going to remove him from the console games, they could have at least left him in 15th Anniversary, and THEN taken him out of the series.
I always found his absence in later games really jarring, with him being a classmate of Amitie and Co you'd expect him to stick around too, yet he ended up vanishing without a trace.

Wow, WORSE than the one I described? I almost want to ask you if you could at least describe it.
Essentially it shows a penguin enemy from Mega Drive Madou 1 having an odd fascination with Draco's tail (and ass), so he graps it and ends up ripping it off, the next panel shows him holding the tail and the other end of it there is something dark brown that's actually pixelated as a means of censoring it, Draco's reaction also suggests that it is something very lewdy. Also, bare Draco ass shot.

I always found his absence in later games really jarring, with him being a classmate of Amitie and co. you'd expect him to stick around too, yet he ended up vanishing without a trace.

Oh, yeah. That's honestly what mostly feels SO weird to me. The fact that not only is he one of Amitie's classmates, but he's also known to be one of Amitie's CLOSEST friends, and all of a sudden, he's removed from the console games after Fever 2.

Essentially it shows a penguin enemy from Mega Drive Madou 1 having an odd fascination with Draco's tail (and ass), so he grasps it and ends up ripping it off, the next panel shows him holding the tail and the other end of it there is something dark brown that's actually pixelated as a means of censoring it, Draco's reaction also suggests that it is something very lewdy. Also, bare Draco ass shot.

Oh, good Lord...I think I've actually SEEN what you're talking about...

Still, if you think THAT'S bad, you don't even want to SEE what I came across a couple of weeks ago. It's basically a fan-made Madou Monogatari-based comic (And may I add, it admittedly REALLY captures Compile's pre-Yo~n artstlye fairly well) that explains in a nutshell how dark (and very, VERY gory) that series can get. Overall, it focuses on Arle getting a nosebleed...and suddenly getting a cut....then more cuts...and even MORE cuts...until she's shown bleeding profusely...and Carbuncle at first was getting worried over time, and then started TASTING her blood...and LIKING it. Honestly, it looks like if the Phantom God inflicted critical (and I mean, CRITICAL) damage to Arle.

Personally, I vowed to NEVER look at that picture again, as it almost RUINED Madou Monogatari, Puyo Puyo, Arle, AND Carbuncle as a whole for me FOREVER, and mind you, for me that is REALLY saying something...

BTW, all this aside, how you feel if Puyo Puyo got a comic series (like Sonic the Hedgehog did with Archie Comics) if PPT did well?

Still, if you think THAT'S bad, you don't even want to SEE what I came across a couple of weeks ago. It's basically a fan-made Madou Monogatari-based comic (And may I add, it admittedly REALLY captures Compile's pre-Yo~n artstlye fairly well) that explains in a nutshell how dark (and very, VERY gory) that series can get. Overall, it focuses on Arle getting a nosebleed...and suddenly getting a cut....then more cuts...and even MORE cuts...until she's shown bleeding profusely...and Carbuncle at first was getting worried over time, and then started TASTING her blood...and LIKING it. Honestly, it looks like if the Phantom God inflicted critical (and I mean, CRITICAL) damage to Arle.

Personally, I vowed to NEVER look at that picture again, as it almost RUINED Madou Monogatari, Puyo Puyo, Arle, AND Carbuncle as a whole for me FOREVER, and mind you, for me that is REALLY saying something...
Yeah, there is plenty of messed up stuff like that in fanworks, I'm still the most creeped out by fanart that tries to put a romantic spin on the Schezo decapitation scene from PC98 Madou 2, as if Arle was going to pick up the dead, lifeless head and suck his lips off, especially in the context of that game.

BTW, all this aside, how you feel if Puyo Puyo got a comic series (like Sonic the Hedgehog did with Archie Comics) if PPT did well?
I don't see it happening, but if it happened and was anything like Archie's Mega Man adaptions or at least generally decent, then I'd be totally on board with it.

Yeah, there is plenty of messed up stuff like that in fanworks, I'm still the most creeped out by fanart that tries to put a romantic spin on the Schezo decapitation scene from PC98 Madou 2, as if Arle was going to pick up the dead, lifeless head and suck his lips off, especially in the context of that game.

Ugh....*Think I'm going to be sick...* Honestly, my Puyo OTP is Arle x Schezo, but just......NNNNOOOOO........

I don't see it happening, but if it happened and was anything like Archie's Mega Man adaptions or at least generally decent, then I'd be totally on board with it.

If I'm being honest, I feel that it's more likely for Puyo Puyo to get a comic series, than an anime. At least, for now......

Still, while on the subject, in the event of a Puyo anime, what children's programming block do you think Puyo Puyo would have aired on in the West? Personally, I'd have to say Kids' WB.

Last edited:
Still, while on the subject, in the event of a Puyo anime, what children's programming block do you think Puyo Puyo would have aired on in the West? Personally, I'd have to say Kids' WB.
You have to keep in mind that I live in Austria, so we have almost no murican channels, the only one I can think of that we have as well is Comedy Central.

So in my case the show would air on the Anime block of a channel called RTL2, I used to watch that block a lot back in the day and it's still around, so I'm certain a Puyo anime would air there.

On a different note, I know I brought up Mega Man a lot for comparisons recently, but playing the first Legends game again really made me realize how much I'd love to see a Puyo action adventure in it's vain.

Everything in the game happens in the Town of Kattelox Island and the surounding areas, which can easily be done with Primp as well. Just think of it as you playing as Arle, wandering through Primp, meeting the familliar cast for main and side quests and exploring the areas around it, like the cementary area from Fever 1 or the desert area from Fever 2.

The biggest thing that planted this idea in my head are the ruins that you can find all across the island, because while you could call them Zelda-like there are actually a lot more like mazes with narrow corridors and while there are puzzles, exploration and learning the layouts is the name of the game, which gives me heavy Madou Monogatari vibes. since they handled their dungeon crawling very much the same way.

That was my main sticking point, I feel like a MML-esque Puyo game could come very close to bringing back Madou Monogatari with the Puyoverse cast, while also modernizing it and adding elements the the original games were lacking, for instance MM2 and 3 had Arle travel between dungeons, though never get to play any of that, in a "Puyo Puyo Legends" on the other hand it would be a big part of the game.

You have to keep in mind that I live in Austria, so we have almost no American channels, the only one I can think of that we have as well is Comedy Central.

So in my case the show would air on the Anime block of a channel called RTL2, I used to watch that block a lot back in the day and it's still around, so I'm certain a Puyo anime would air there.

Yeah, please forgive me for jumping the gun on assuming where you live in the world. That was all my bad. Still, I'm glad to see you at least think a Puyo anime is likely, compared to what you said about a Western-made Puyo comic.

On a different note, I know I brought up Mega Man a lot for comparisons recently, but playing the first Legends game again really made me realize how much I'd love to see a Puyo action adventure in it's vein.

Everything in the game happens in the Town of Kattelox Island and the surrounding areas, which can easily be done with Primp as well. Just think of it as you playing as Arle, wandering through Primp, meeting the familiar cast for main and side quests and exploring the areas around it, like the cemetery area from Fever 1 or the desert area from Fever 2.

The biggest thing that planted this idea in my head are the ruins that you can find all across the island, because while you could call them Zelda-like there are actually a lot more like mazes with narrow corridors and while there are puzzles, exploration and learning the layouts is the name of the game, which gives me heavy Madou Monogatari vibes. since they handled their dungeon crawling very much the same way.

That was my main sticking point, I feel like a MML-esque Puyo game could come very close to bringing back Madou Monogatari with the Puyoverse cast, while also modernizing it and adding elements the the original games were lacking, for instance MM2 and 3 had Arle travel between dungeons, though never get to play any of that, in a "Puyo Puyo Legends" on the other hand it would be a big part of the game.

I don't mind the Mega Man comparisons. Just so you know.

Oh, wow! It's funny you should mention that. Honestly, I've felt that EVERY Puyo game starting with Yo~n should have started doing what Chronicles (and to an extent, MM Legends as you described) did.

Exploration for the majority of the game, and ACTUAL Puyo battles for when you meet a character who is playable (Skeleton-T, Kikimora, Schezo, Draco, Rulue, Chico, Dragon, etc.). Also, Satan's Puyo circus could have easily served as Yo~n's "hub world" and from there, Arle could continuously unlock warp circles that would take her to different parts of the Madou world, with EVERY area (Volcano Fields, Water Paradise, Floating Library, Old Valley, etc.) having a hub world..

Same goes for Fever 1 AND Fever 2, in which case Primp Magic School could serve as the "hub world" for Amitie, Raffine, and Sig. As such, the cemetery, forest, Primp Shopping Center, etc. would have individual hubs of their own.

This also would go for PP7, in which case, Suzuran High would be the main hub, and there could be individual hubs for the various sections of planet Earth that Ringo and her companions travel to.

Yeah never mind, wasn't that great of an idea.

Oh, MAN! Look, I am SOOO sorry! I meant to say I LOVE your idea! I was totally tired as hell yesterday, so I THOUGHT I clicked "Like" on your post. I hope you can forgive me! Trust me, it is NOT a bad idea by ANY means! Hell, I'd give ANYTHING for Puyo Puyo to go this route for future games, rather than leave it exclusive to BOX and Chronicles! I'll be honest, going from battle to battle like 98% of the series usually does, gets repetitive as I don't know what.

Yeah, please forgive me for jumping the gun on assuming where you live in the world. That was all my bad
No need to apologize, it's not likey you can just guess someone's nationality like that.

Oh, wow! It's funny you should mention that. Honestly, I've felt that EVERY Puyo game starting with Yo~n should have started doing what Chronicles (and to an extent, MM Legends as you described) did.

Exploration for the majority of the game, and ACTUAL Puyo battles for when you meet a character who is playable (Skeleton-T, Kikimora, Schezo, Draco, Rulue, Chico, Dragon, etc.). Also, Satan's Puyo circus could have easily served as Yo~n's "hub world" and from there, Arle could continuously unlock warp circles that would take her to different parts of the Madou world, with EVERY area (Volcano Fields, Water Paradise, Floating Library, Old Valley, etc.) having a hub world..

Same goes for Fever 1 AND Fever 2, in which case Primp Magic School could serve as the "hub world" for Amitie, Raffine, and Sig. As such, the cemetery, forest, Primp Shopping Center, etc. would have individual hubs of their own.

This also would go for PP7, in which case, Suzuran High would be the main hub, and there could be individual hubs for the various sections of planet Earth that Ringo and her companions travel to.
Heh, it's funny how well a lot of the elements work with what you described, because one crucial thing that I neglected to mention (I was tired myself) is that MML is a 3D action adventure.

You can think of it as being similar to Zelda, but with some plattforming elements and (at least in Legends 1) it being confined to a main town and the surrounding areas, which is pretty much what I meant when I said that Primp could work well for such a game, because there is actually a lot to the town as the Fever games have shown,let's say imagine you as Arle visiting Oshare's shop and taking on a side quest to retrive an item he lost at Ta-Toon-Da Castle in a 3D action adventure vain.

The ruins are where the whole modernized Madou point comes from, because dungeon crawlers in the vain of most MM titles are a thing of the past, even Compile Hearts with their one attempt at a new Madou title opted for a rogue style, not to mention a new MM with the Puyoverse cast is pretty much impossible now, with how fractured the copyrights are, so this kind of way might very well be the best shot at a new Puyoverse Madou type title that we could hope for. It just so happens that MML makes a shockingly good blueprint for such a spin off.

Oh, MAN! Look, I am SOOO sorry! I meant to say I LOVE your idea! I was totally tired as hell yesterday, so I THOUGHT I clicked "Like" on your post. I hope you can forgive me!
It's not a big deal by any means! I was just a bit perplexed, that's all.

On a lighter note :
fcgv+.PNG

My new laptop can actually handle PS2 emulation, so I can finally play the english patched Fever 2!

I already looked up much of the stuff that's been translated via other means, but yah know, being able to actually play a english version (even though not everything is translated, like the library) is rather nice, especially the optional conversations in the different parts of town, which I plan to look into quite deeply....but not before doing some self indulgent shit, cause I ain't got no self control, buddeh.

No need to apologize, it's not likely you can just guess someone's nationality like that.

Well, thank you. I appreciate it.

Heh, it's funny how well a lot of the elements work with what you described, because one crucial thing that I neglected to mention (I was tired myself) is that MML is a 3D action adventure.

You can think of it as being similar to Zelda, but with some platforming elements and (at least in Legends 1) it being confined to a main town and the surrounding areas, which is pretty much what I meant when I said that Primp could work well for such a game, because there is actually a lot to the town as the Fever games have shown, let's say you're Arle visiting Oshare's shop and taking on a side quest to retrieve an item he lost at Ta-Toon-Da Castle in a 3D action adventure vein.

The ruins are where the whole modernized Madou point comes from, because dungeon crawlers in the vein of most MM titles are a thing of the past, even Compile Hearts with their one attempt at a new Madou title opted for a rogue style, not to mention a new MM with the Puyoverse cast is pretty much impossible now, with how fractured the copyrights are, so this kind of way might very well be the best shot at a new Puyoverse Madou type title that we could hope for. It just so happens that MML makes a shockingly good blueprint for such a spin off.

Basically, I would say that you should probably ease up on the dungeons just a bit. Maybe have 1-2 areas focused SOLELY on that. You know, as tributes to Madou Monogatari and all. Otherwise, I agree with you wholly. From what I could gather about Chronicles (Again, can't read Japanese to save my life, with the exceptions of a VERY FEW names), it seems to have gone and done your idea of side-quests, but if I'm being honest, the RPG mode of Chronicles (and BOX, to an extent) were very..."lacking" in a way. I'm sure this is just my tastes in video games talking here, but I feel that there could have been more to it, aside from the VERY unoriginal use of NPC in Chronicles' various towns of course. The locations could also use some work as they're very...basic, if you know what I mean.

It's not a big deal by any means! I was just a bit perplexed, that's all.

Oh, thank you!

On a lighter note :
index.php

My new laptop can actually handle PS2 emulation, so I can finally play the English patched Fever 2!

I already looked up much of the stuff that's been translated via other means, but yah know, being able to actually play a English version (even though not everything is translated, like the library) is rather nice, especially the optional conversations in the different parts of town, which I plan to look into quite deeply....but not before doing some self indulgent shit, cause I ain't got no self control, buddeh.

Speaking of this, for the first time ever last night, I FINALLY watched a FULL story playthrough of Puyo Puyo Fever 2! I think the reason I never finished one before now was because Arle and Carbuncle were NOT the main characters. Stupid reason, I know. BTW, in case you wanted to know, what I watched last night was Amitie's HaraHara (Final chapter) story. Honestly, I feel like the humor of Puyo Puyo was kept quite consistent with SEGA's handling of the series.

BTW, have you seen the recent 'Memories of Primp Town' translated post? It looks like the existence of Transformation magic in PP7 wasn't necessarily out of nowhere after all! Though there should at least be an explanation as to how EVERYONE (Ringo, Risukuma, and Maguro ESPECIALLY included) in PP7 can use it no problem...

Anyways, Lemres seems to reveal that he came across it by TOTAL ACCIDENT, and he's been building on it ever since Fever 2's events!

Also, I FINALLY found out why Amitie was blushing at Klug's magazine...I'll just say, that would have been a PERFECT chance for a Madou-era callback to have the Water Spirit enemy from Madou ARS make a cameo. Unless...that IS her...

Feli, you say. I'll draw this Feli you speak of in an Ashley get up.

Puyo-Puyo-Tetris-42.jpg
Prepared to be Ashleyified

Thank you! I feel like the Ashley look fits her more than ANY Puyo character. If you look up what Feli is all about in the Puyo series, you'll see why, believe me.

Back