Puyo Puyo

In other news I'm on TV Tropes now, fixed something on Sig's character page that's been bugging (hah!) me for a while.

Oh, I just saw some of those edits. I'm glad you took the initiative, as there were some things on there that even I questioned (such as Sig's love for bugs being TOTALLY nonexistent in Fever 2, which is just not true).

BTW, I've made a few edits myself relating to the cast of PP7 (bar Dark Arle), and some of the more obscure Compile-created members of the series' cast (In their case, it was a matter of listing some of their VA's like Demon Servant's and Succubus').

Oh, I just saw some of those edits. I'm glad you took the initiative, as there were some things on there that even I questioned (such as Sig's love for bugs being TOTALLY nonexistent in Fever 2, which is just not true).
Yep, that's the one I meant.

BTW, I've made a few edits myself relating to the cast of PP7 (bar Dark Arle), and some of the more obscure Compile-created members of the series' cast (In their case, it was a matter of listing some of their VA's like Demon Servant's and Succubus').
Saw that yeah, good job on that.

Generally speaking Puyo's TV Tropes page is already remarkably robust, but yah know, I figured another helping hand wouldn't be bad, especially since I have been flirting with the idea for a while.

Generally speaking Puyo's TV Tropes page is already remarkably robust, but yah know, I figured another helping hand wouldn't be bad, especially since I have been flirting with the idea for a while.

Honestly, it sort of amazes me just how that's the case. I mean, the series usually has quite the history of either being completely locked behind Japanese shores, getting completely re-skinned for Western markets, or simply not getting enough promotion when it ISN'T getting re-skinned. Yet, the TV Tropes page for the series is just brimming with unusually large amounts of information.

You know what? Speaking of such a thing, you should see what editing in Puyo Puyo's YMMV page under Continuity Lockout. If you have any tips on making my edit look..."cleaner", I'd appreciate it, but otherwise, I think I got the point across, don't you?

Say, if you don't mind me asking, I don't suppose you saw that recent Tumblr post of "what Puyo game describes you", have you?

Honestly, it sort of amazes me just how that's the case. I mean, the series usually has quite the history of either being completely locked behind Japanese shores, getting completely re-skinned for Western markets, or simply not getting enough promotion when it ISN'T getting re-skinned. Yet, the TV Tropes page for the series is just brimming with unusually large amounts of information.
Honestly I think that those reasons are exactly why the page has had so much work put into it, to make all of that information about the series easily available for newcomers.

You know what? Speaking of such a thing, you should see what editing in Puyo Puyo's YMMV page under Continuity Lockout. If you have any tips on making my edit look..."cleaner", I'd appreciate it, but otherwise, I think I got the point across, don't you?
Have seen it, I don't see anything objectionable there, get's the point across just fine.

Say, if you don't mind me asking, I don't suppose you saw that recent Tumblr post of "what Puyo game describes you", have you?
Reblogged it the day it was posted and I gotta say that the description for Fever 2 does mirror my thoughts pretty well. That is if we are talking about the ''what your favorite game says about you'' meme post.

Honestly, I think that those reasons are exactly why the page has had so much work put into it, to make all of that information about the series easily available for newcomers.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if that WAS the case. That being said, I truly salute those who've put so much work into the page, especially considering the limited amount of translated stuff to go off of.

Reblogged it the day it was posted and I gotta say that the description for Fever 2 does mirror my thoughts pretty well. That is if we are talking about the ''what your favorite game says about you'' meme post.

Yes, I was talking about the ''what your favorite game says about you'' meme post. What's more, I figured it'd be Fever 2 for you. I'm sure you'd know mine, but I posted that Yo~n mirrored the majority of my thoughts as well. Alongside the following games which are also my favorites: SUN, BOX, Fever 2, 20th Anniversary, and Chronicles.

BTW, look at what I found:
tumblr_p3v25jvFQ31vnyrqfo1_1280.png

Tell me you can't see Witch pulling this on Draco in the games.

Yes, I was talking about the ''what your favorite game says about you'' meme post. What's more, I figured it'd be Fever 2 for you. I'm sure you'd know mine, but I posted that Yo~n mirrored the majority of my thoughts as well. Alongside the following games which are also my favorites: SUN, BOX, Fever 2, 20th Anniversary, and Chronicles.
My other favorites are 15th, 20th, Tetris and BOX, though none of the descriptions reflect my thoughts on them, the one for 15th in particular couldn't be farther off the mark.

BTW, look at what I found:
tumblr_p3v25jvFQ31vnyrqfo1_1280.png

Tell me you can't see Witch pulling this on Draco in the games.
Can I see Witch doing this? Yes.

Can I see Draco falling for it? Considering her current characterization, unfortunately yes.

My other favorites are 15th, 20th, Tetris and BOX, though none of the descriptions reflect my thoughts on them, the one for 15th in particular couldn't be farther off the mark.

Yeah, I feel like the one for 15th felt "limited" on responses, if you know what I mean.

Can I see Witch doing this? Yes.

Can I see Draco falling for it? Considering her current characterization, unfortunately yes.

You know what's even worse? One of my followers reblogged this post and likened Draco's current characterization to that of...MODERN KNUCKLES. Ugh...feeling sick just from THINKING about it...

BTW, I saw that you talked to the Precise Museum guys who are currently translating Puyo stuff! I don't suppose they take fan stuff to translate, now do they?

You know what's even worse? One of my followers reblogged this post and likened Draco's current characterization to that of...MODERN KNUCKLES. Ugh...feeling sick just from THINKING about it...
I give far more credit to Modern Knuckles then current Draco, to be honest.

BTW, I saw that you talked to the Precise Museum guys who are currently translating Puyo stuff! I don't suppose they take fan stuff to translate, now do they?
I'd like to say no, but I don't know, honestly until yesterday I didn't even know that they take requests.

I am thankful thought and for them to do it so quickly as well, I mean I know that these arcade cutscenes wouldn't be very elaborate, but still, that was fast.

I give far more credit to Modern Knuckles then current Draco, to be honest.

I...have to agree with you there...

What HAPPENED to you, Draco???

I'd like to say no, but I don't know, honestly until yesterday I didn't even know that they take requests.

I am thankful thought and for them to do it so quickly as well, I mean I know that these arcade cutscenes wouldn't be very elaborate, but still, that was fast.

Yeah, I asked them and they said that they are (unfortunately) not doing fan stuff at the moment. They're currently only taking requests for official Puyo AND Madou content. That being said, I asked them if they could translate the 25th Anniversary book, which they said they will, but it's not too high on their priority list right now.

Personally, I can't wait for that translation. I've been wondering what's TRULY the deal with Succubus and Lamia (the former of whom is strongly implied to be the same character as Compile's character, no less.)

Yeah, I asked them and they said that they are (unfortunately) not doing fan stuff at the moment. They're currently only taking requests for official Puyo AND Madou content. That being said, I asked them if they could translate the 25th Anniversary book, which they said they will, but it's not too high on their priority list right now.
Eh, kinda glad they don't do fan stuff to be honest.

Personally, I can't wait for that translation. I've been wondering what's TRULY the deal with Succubus and Lamia (the former of whom is strongly implied to be the same character as Compile's character, no less.)
If the book says anything that concrete that is.

On a different note, how bout them Puyo Quest x Vocaloid collab?

Frankly, this one was a long time coming, given SEGA's history with Vocaloid and Vocaloid's history of having Puyo stuff in it's games. Curious to see what else we can expect from this, I'd assume the remaining nine panels on the website are either for other Vocaloids or the bottom row will involve Vocaloids dressing up as Puyo characters, similar to the Osomatsu collab.

Either way, I really dig how Miku looks in the Puyo artstyle, makes me wish she was an actual Puyo character, so she could stick around or at least a guest character in a future game, along with Eggman and Kirby for good measure.

On a different note, how bout them Puyo Quest x Vocaloid collab?

Frankly, this one was a long time coming, given SEGA's history with Vocaloid and Vocaloid's history of having Puyo stuff in its games. Curious to see what else we can expect from this, I'd assume the remaining nine panels on the website are either for other Vocaloids or the bottom row will involve Vocaloids dressing up as Puyo characters, similar to the Osomatsu collab.

Either way, I really dig how Miku looks in the Puyo artstyle, makes me wish she was an actual Puyo character, so she could stick around or at least a guest character in a future game, along with Eggman and Kirby for good measure.

I don't know if you've seen my Tumblr post regarding this collab (If not, then you could you please reblog it?), but I basically say the exact same thing, being shocked that a collab with the Vocaloids hasn't happened until now. Specifically, I felt as though a collab with the Vocaloids should have happened 2-3 years before now. Also, it looks like your idea of the other nine panels will involve other Vocaloids as Kaito has just been revealed the day before yesterday.

As for Puyo characters dressing up as Vocaloids, I see Panotty dressing up as Len and Schezo as Kaito. I'd say Incubus as Kaito, but he already got something for the Osomatsu collab, so you know...

What about you? Anyone you want to see involved in this? BTW, Miku DOES look quite amazing in Puyo's artstyle, I'd like her to appear in a Puyo game myself, so as to bring her Puyo minigame full-circle with the references.

Also, I REALLY want to see Kirby and his friends cross over with Puyo Puyo one day. Like, not in Quest, but an ACTUAL Puyo game.

Saw both of those and seeing how Kaito is in the second row, it seems that all ten spots are going to be Vocaloids, without anything fancy, which is fine, I was just spitballing ideas anyways and using the Osomatsu collab as a basis.

Saw both of those and seeing how Kaito is in the second row, it seems that all ten spots are going to be Vocaloids, without anything fancy, which is fine, I was just spitballing ideas anyways and using the Osomatsu collab as a basis.

Oh, really? Well, that's OK with me too. I mean, there's enough Vocaloids that I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA wanted to add as many as they could for the collab rather than waste it on Puyo characters dressing up as Vocaloid characters. Speaking of which, Luka Megurine had just been confirmed as well for Puyo Quest, so...that's neat!

Also, take a look at what I came across to celebrate the Puyo Quest x Vocaloid collab:
DWKBVAKVQAAjD8X.jpg:large

Pretty neat piece, if I do say so myself.

BTW, could you reblog a few things for me?

https://puyohero.tumblr.com/post/170998851890/from-their-childhood-to-adulthood-i-totally-hope
https://puyohero.tumblr.com/post/171002557865/panottys-debut-a-puyo-puyo-fanfic-fanfiction

One more thing...
DWJCQm6VoAAC4Lr.png:large

That's right! Ms. Accord (and Popoi) as they (could) appear in Puyo Puyo 7! Looks pretty interesting to me, although the artist could do without her having glasses in her Chibi form...

Kay.

One more thing...
DWJCQm6VoAAC4Lr.png:large

That's right! Ms. Accord (and Popoi) as they (could) appear in Puyo Puyo 7! Looks pretty interesting to me, although the artist could do without her having glasses in her Chibi form...
Looks alright, don't really know what I would have expected her henshin forms to look like.

Last edited:
Looks alright, don't really know what I would have expected her henshin forms to look like.

In my opinion, this is a pretty good depiction of Ms. Accord's (and Popoi's) Henshin forms. Although, I would have given Chibi-form Accord opaque "Meganekko" glasses, and her Deka form I would have given a more...elderly appearance. Otherwise, this is still a really nice take on Ms. Accord and Popoi appearing in Puyo Puyo 7.

BTW, um...I hope I'm not bothering you with this question, but, uh...could you maybe reblog these?

https://puyohero.tumblr.com/post/171040890185/if-succubus-is-trying-to-teach-arle-how-to-pick-up
https://puyohero.tumblr.com/post/171041105580/ms-accord-and-popoi-as-they-could-have

If it's bothering you, please just say so.

Hey, did you see that the newest Puyo LN's first chapter just got translated? I'm expecting this to be standard Puyo LN fare, but I have to say, the first chapter starts off oddly...dramatic and intense for a Puyo LN. The usual lighthearted Puyo fare aside, the beginning sort of gave off a VERY (and I mean, VERY) lighthearted Madou Monogatari vibe to me.

In other news, ever wondered what Feli in a Miku outfit was like? Yeah...

Hey, did you see that the newest Puyo LN's first chapter just got translated? I'm expecting this to be standard Puyo LN fare, but I have to say, the first chapter starts off oddly...dramatic and intense for a Puyo LN. The usual lighthearted Puyo fare aside, the beginning sort of gave off a VERY (and I mean, VERY) lighthearted Madou Monogatari vibe to me.
Saw it yeah and meh, you already know how I feel about the Light Novels and I don't see much reason to believe that this will be the first one I like, still I'm gonna read future chapters as well, just for the sake of knowing what I'm talking about.

Also, since no one seems to know Ally in this story it's pretty much confirmed now that the Light Novels aren't in the same timeline as the games, which if that's truly the case, is by far the best news I heard all week.

In other news, ever wondered what Feli in a Miku outfit was like? Yeah...
Seems like there's more to this collab after all.

Saw it yeah and meh, you already know how I feel about the Light Novels and I don't see much reason to believe that this will be the first one I like, still I'm gonna read future chapters as well, just for the sake of knowing what I'm talking about.

Yeah...Just like you, I'm not really expecting anything to really..."pop out at me", if that makes sense. Although I have to admit, seeing such a battle that..."intense" (at least by SEGA-era Puyo standards) was quite the interesting read.

Not going to lie, the fact that such an intense battle DIDN'T feature the likes of Satan and/or Ecolo, as well as the fact that said battle was being held against a creature who wouldn't be out of place in MADOU MONOGATARI was actually more welcome in my book than you might think. Speaking of which, the fact that 'Ouroboros' was actually showing itself to be a fairly menacing presence rather than be all goofy was also a nice surprise.

What's more, I haven't really decided on whether or not I'm bothered or I actually find it funny to see the implication that Ecolo might be (at the very least) SOMEWHAT more powerful than them, solely due to his unpredictability.

Seems like there's more to this collab after all.

Honestly, I would have considered it a seriously missed opportunity if there WASN'T more to this collab. That being said, I'm pretty sure even the official JP Puyo Twitter itself is even acknowledging the totally bizarre concept of Feli's Miku alt.

Specifically, the fact that FELI (of all people) has a MIKU alt.

Last edited:
What's more, I haven't really decided on whether or not I'm bothered or I actually find it funny to see the implication that Ecolo might be (at the very least) SOMEWHAT more powerful than them, solely due to his unpredictability.
Ecolo has essentially been a living deus ex machina device for so long that this kind of stuff doesn't get any real reaction from me anymore.

Yeah...Just like you, I'm not really expecting anything to really..."pop out at me", if that makes sense. Although I have to admit, seeing such a battle that..."intense" (at least by SEGA-era Puyo standards) was quite the interesting read.

Not going to lie, the fact that such an intense battle DIDN'T feature the likes of Satan and/or Ecolo, as well as the fact that said battle was being held against a creature who wouldn't be out of place in MADOU MONOGATARI was actually more welcome in my book than you might think. Speaking of which, the fact that 'Ouroboros' was actually showing itself to be a fairly menacing presence rather than be all goofy was also a nice surprise.
Eh, I'll give them props for trying, but....

I dunno, I don't mean to come off like a gigantic sourpuss, but I just really don't like the Light Novels, so it's hard for me to be enthusiastic or to even pretend to be hopeful that I'll get something out of this that I enjoy.

Frankly the only thing I even dare to hope for is that they keep Arle and Sig away from each other, considering how the second and third LNs went in regards to these two.

Honestly, I would have considered it a seriously missed opportunity if there WASN'T more to this collab. That being said, I'm pretty sure even the official JP Puyo Twitter itself is even acknowledging the totally bizarre concept of Feli's Miku alt.

Specifically, the fact that FELI (of all people) has a MIKU alt.
Huh, that's somethin'. I only saw a random tweet about it, didn't even really pay attention to who posted it.

Last edited:
Back