Puyo Puyo

Eh, I'll give them props for trying, but....

I dunno, I don't mean to come off like a gigantic sourpuss, but I just really don't like the Light Novels, so it's hard for me to be enthusiastic or to even pretend to be hopeful that I'll get something out of this that I enjoy.

Frankly the only thing I even dare to hope for is that they keep Arle and Sig away from each other, considering how the second and third LNs went in regards to these two.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to give them TOO much credit over the battle being something of a Madou Monogatari callback and Ouroboros being a legitimately menacing presence, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't pleasantly surprised at these things.

I mean, I'm not saying you should give it a chance or anything. I mean, has their own preferences. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect anything to...well, you remember what I said yesterday, I suppose. That being said, I should probably warn you now that Sig supposedly DOES appear in this LN. I guess you can hope he doesn't have as big of a role?

Also, since no one seems to know Ally in this story it's pretty much confirmed now that the Light Novels aren't in the same timeline as the games, which if that's truly the case, is by far the best news I heard all week.

Oh, right. I forgot that I wanted to address this yesterday as well. I wonder if in this (possibly) alternate continuity, the likes of Ringo, Risukuma, and Maguro are all PERMANENT RESIDENTS of Primp. I mean, how else can PP7's ARS trio make such constant appearances?

To be more specific, I like to headcanon that following the accident with Ris' invention in the beginning of 20th, those guys NEVER bothered to return home.

Huh, that's somethin'. I only saw a random tweet about it, didn't even really pay attention to who posted it.

Normally, I wouldn't pay attention to it either, but my Google Translate activated automatically, and the rough translation contained that mention of how it's bizarre that Feli of all people gets the Mkiu alt.

I mean, I'm not saying you should give it a chance or anything. I mean, has their own preferences. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect anything to...well, you remember what I said yesterday, I suppose. That being said, I should probably warn you now that Sig supposedly DOES appear in this LN. I guess you can hope he doesn't have as big of a role?
I doubt that he's going to have much of a role as it is, he's on the cover, but that doesn't have to mean much. Either way just don't have them interact or make sure that there's some semblance of them acting around each other like they do in the games for once, but that's a kind of faith that I don't have in the LNs, I just don't want something like in the second LN ever again.

Oh, right. I forgot that I wanted to address this yesterday as well. I wonder if in this (possibly) alternate continuity, the likes of Ringo, Risukuma, and Maguro are all PERMANENT RESIDENTS of Primp. I mean, how else can PP7's ARS trio make such constant appearances?

To be more specific, I like to headcanon that following the accident with Ris' invention in the beginning of 20th, those guys NEVER bothered to return home.
Anything's possible, I can't even recall them ever making much of any reference to Suzuran in any of these.

Anything's possible, I can't even recall them ever making much of any reference to Suzuran in any of these.

Well, actually...I'm pretty sure that (almost) every time Amitie introduces the reader to the likes of Arle, Carbuncle, and Ringo, she usually makes the statement that the latter 3 are NOT native to Primp and that they're from other dimensions.

That being said, I'd like to think that what Amitie means by this is that Ringo (As well as Risukuma and Maguro by extension) are not normally native to Primp, but following the events of the beginning of 20th, they (for whatever reason) either haven't found a way to return home yet, or they chose to stay in Primp.

Specifically, I'd go with the latter option (they choose to stay in Primp), as they already found a way to return in 20th via Ecolo, so it'd be a little weird to me that they never considered asking him for assistance.

BTW, did you see this?
tumblr_inline_p4q3voN7KL1ub7mc9_500.jpg

Pretty cool, huh? Also, it's nice to see him get a new alt.

Personally, I was a little surprised he didn't get ANYTHING for the Osomatsu collab since I always thought their design (or whatever) was inspired by him (or vice-versa). Not to mention how Ringo and Ris got something. Then again, I thought Klug would get something for the Detective Conan collab, so...

Actually, looking back, maybe it was for the best that he DIDN'T get anything for the Osomatsu collab...

Well, actually...I'm pretty sure that (almost) every time Amitie introduces the reader to the likes of Arle, Carbuncle, and Ringo, she usually makes the statement that the latter 3 are NOT native to Primp and that they're from other dimensions.
Went to check, she mentions Ringo being from somewhere else in 2 out of 5 introductions, not even the majority, which is likely why I didn't really remember it, then again it's not like I care all that much either.

Pretty cool, huh? Also, it's nice to see him get a new alt.

Personally, I was a little surprised he didn't get ANYTHING for the Osomatsu collab since I always thought their design (or whatever) was inspired by him (or vice-versa). Not to mention how Ringo and Ris got something. Then again, I thought Klug would get something for the Detective Conan collab, so...

Actually, looking back, maybe it was for the best that he DIDN'T get anything for the Osomatsu collab...
Why yes of course, you did like my Tumblr reblog of it after all. Really cool alt and after a whole year of not getting one Maguro was long overdue for some love as is.

Now that's what I call pleasing news to wake up to! Looks awesome, really can't wait to get my hand on the artwork and just man...after so long Doppel is finally getting some love, I wanted this for so long and now it's happening.

I like the purple color scheme by the way, strikes me as a reference to Final Test.

Now that's what I call pleasing news to wake up to! Looks awesome, really can't wait to get my hand on the artwork and just man...after so long Doppel is finally getting some love, I wanted this for so long and now it's happening.

I like the purple color scheme by the way, strikes me as a reference to Final Test.

I know, right?! Heck, if you ask me, I think this IS Final Test-Doppelganger Arle! Hey, if Cool Schezo can be a thing, then...

I'll admit, while I am still somewhat peeved over how Dark Arle (a.k.a. the poor person's Doppel. Arle, IMO) still has 2-3 more alts. than Doppel herself, the fact that Doppel even has an alt. for the first time ever makes me too happy to even be bothered by that right now.

Speaking of which, is Pierrot considered as an alt. for Doppel, or are they considered one and the same?

BTW, someone's already translated some info for the alt. Apparently, it's more or less called: "Dusklight Doppelganger Arle"!

Last edited:
I know, right?! Heck, if you ask me, I think this IS Final Test-Doppelganger Arle! Hey, if Cool Schezo can be a thing, then...
I'd say it takes inspiration from it, but the outfit is partially new, it almost looks like she's wearing some kind of dress underneath her shirt and armor, either that or it's just the skirt that's different.

I'll admit, while I am still somewhat peeved over how Dark Arle (a.k.a. the poor person's Doppel. Arle, IMO) still has 2-3 more alts. than Doppel herself, the fact that Doppel even has an alt. for the first time ever makes me too happy to even be bothered by that right now.
I was perplexed by Darkle getting more love then Doppel, but I'm far too stoked for Doppel's first alt to be bitter over that, there's room for all Arles in Quest and now Doppel is finally getting her dues at last.

Speaking of which, is Pierrot considered as an alt. for Doppel, or are they considered one and the same?
Pierrot is not considered an alt, they just were being creative by having her alias also as part of her card set.

BTW, someone's already translated some info for the alt. Apparently, it's more or less called: "Dusklight Doppelganger Arle"!
Saw that yeah, cool name, now I'm curious about the flavor text....

I really gotta say, it's great to finally have something new in regards to Doppel, I hope her alt becomes highly played for, to send the message to SEGA that people want more of her.

I'd say it takes inspiration from it, but the outfit is partially new, it almost looks like she's wearing some kind of dress underneath her shirt and armor, either that or it's just the skirt that's different.

Honestly? REALLY wishing we had a full-body shot of her in this alt.

Pierrot is not considered an alt, they just were being creative by having her alias also as part of her card set.

Oh, I see. Well, I must agree. It certainly was a creative idea.

Saw that yeah, cool name, now I'm curious about the flavor text....

Same here. I get the feeling it'll be unusually dark even for the Puyo game of today...

I really gotta say, it's great to finally have something new in regards to Doppel, I hope her alt becomes highly played for, to send the message to SEGA that people want more of her.

I wouldn't be surprised if her alt. DOES become the most played for thing n the game.

BTW, the Yo~n group of Puyo Quest is getting their 7* upgrades VERY soon! We already got a sneak peek at Chico!

Speaking of which, I have 2 questions I wanted to ask...

1. Do you ever feel like Chico was meant to have more of a bigger role in Yo~n? Like how Lagnus had a crazy big role in Saturn Madou the year before. I mean, Compile gave her and Dragon so much promotion prior to Yo~n's release.

2. What do you think about Popoi and the mystery surrounding him in Fever 1? Ever feel like there was supposed to be more to the guy and Accord past that game?

I wouldn't be surprised if her alt. DOES become the most played for thing n the game.
Well, yah know, I just hope so because showing SEGA that she's a profitable character can only be a good thing, even if it just results in more exposure in Quest, it's still something I'll happily take.

BTW, the Yo~n group of Puyo Quest is getting their 7* upgrades VERY soon! We already got a sneak peek at Chico!
Here's the full preview:
DXQXGhQVoAAy7A5.jpg

I want that new Jan art and I want it now.

1. Do you ever feel like Chico was meant to have more of a bigger role in Yo~n? Like how Lagnus had a crazy big role in Saturn Madou the year before. I mean, Compile gave her and Dragon so much promotion prior to Yo~n's release.

2. What do you think about Popoi and the mystery surrounding him in Fever 1? Ever feel like there was supposed to be more to the guy and Accord past that game?
1. Not at all, nothing in the game besides Schezo's appearence or the reveal of Dragon being her pet, really has much to do with her and her getting a lot of promotion is pretty natural, given that she was a completely new character, without even any sort of Madou origin.

2. Not much to say other then I would have liked to see where they were going with it, which is something I can say for pretty much anything Fever related that they decided to downplay or abandon and yes I do think there was going to be more, but coulda, woulda, shoulda, well all know what actually happened.

Also, quick edit, the flavor text for Doppel's alt has been translated :
https://puyonexus.com/wiki/PPQ:Dusklight_Doppelganger_Arle/★6

Last edited:
Well, yah know, I just hope so because showing SEGA that she's a profitable character can only be a good thing, even if it just results in more exposure in Quest, it's still something I'll happily take.

I feel exactly the same way. While I'd still be a bit bothered over how Doppel STILL isn't in a new mainstream game (games like the Anniversary titles and Puyo Teris included), as long as she's getting as much exposure as the rest of the "principal" cast, I'll be cool with it.

After how "Darkle" (who, as you know, I consider to be the poor person's Doppel) has been getting so many alts., I was starting to get more and more...bothered by how Doppel was being left in the dust the way she was.
Here's the full preview:
index.php

I want that new Jan art and I want it now.

I can't wait for this! Honestly, after how the Yo~n set of characters are getting 7* upgrades, I'm having hope again for the "Retro Puyo" set (i.e. Archan, Honey Bee, the Banshee Trio, Kodomo Dragon, and Mandrake), Demon Servant, and even Succubus (though I know she's sort of an..."interesting" case in and of herself.). Don't know about the "Merchant" set (Nohoho, Momomo, Parara, Pakista, and Fufufu) though, since I'm pretty sure they've only been upgraded up to 5*, right?

BTW, what about Doppel. Arle? I thought she was part of the Yo~n set, or is Dusklight Doppel considered her 7* upgrade? As much as I love this alt., I kind of hope it's not...

Also, the world NEEDS that precious Jan art, SEGA.

1. Not at all, nothing in the game besides Schezo's appearance or the reveal of Dragon being her pet, really has much to do with her and her getting a lot of promotion is pretty natural, given that she was a completely new character, without even any sort of Madou origin.

I guess so. Still, I can't help but feel like she ended up in a situation all too similar to Ally (where even though Yo~n was her debut game, she felt quite a bit...forgettable. Her appearing so late into the game's story probably didn't help matters either...)

What's more, it's too bad that by the time she was introduced to the series, Compile was dangerously close to completely losing the Puyo license and the majority of their characters with it.

2. Not much to say other than I would have liked to see where they were going with it, which is something I can say for pretty much anything Fever related that they decided to downplay or abandon and yes I do think there was going to be more, but coulda, woulda, shoulda, we all know what actually happened.

Yeah, I expected you to say this for the most part.

Also, quick edit, the flavor text for Doppel's alt has been translated :
https://puyonexus.com/wiki/PPQ:Dusklight_Doppelganger_Arle/★6

I just KNEW it wasn't going to take long! Also...is it me, or does Doppel actually seem more...SINISTER here than she ever was before? It's like her description describes, she seems like even MORE of an oddity than she ever was before!

Honestly, what I CAN gather from her VERY mysterious ways of talking and her overall character description is that:
  • She seems to have gained a completely new level of mysterious power that appears to be VERY different from the power she displayed back in Yo~n.
  • She seems to have something very big planned, but even THAT'S a mystery in and of itself at the moment.
  • She either appears to have found a way to to distinguish herself from Arle even more or she's starting to show that she's getting fed up with being confused for Arle.
  • I think the whole "distinguishing herself" thing might be what's going on, as she seems to explain that no matter how much she wants to fight it, she's deciding to come to terms with who (or what) she is.
  • She also seems to imply that she knows some things about the real Arle that we don't. I guess it makes sense that she'd know just about everything there is to know about Arle, since she technically IS her.
All this being said......SEGA, WHY ARE YOU NOT BRINGING HER BACK FOR A MAINSTREAM GAME ALREADY? All of this looks like it could be the perfect setup to a new Puyo game's story! Actually...I wonder if it IS...?

Don't know about the "Merchant" set (Nohoho, Momomo, Parara, Pakista, and Fufufu) though, since I'm pretty sure they've only been upgraded up to 5*, right?
Yup, the same can be said about many TSU characters and the two onions, which does raise some questions as to how those are going to be handled in terms of upgrades.

BTW, what about Doppel. Arle? I thought she was part of the Yo~n set, or is Dusklight Doppel considered her 7* upgrade? As much as I love this alt., I kind of hope it's not...
She is occasionally grouped with them, but not a real part of the Yo~n set (as backwards as it sounds), since she was added seperatly from them and has very different stats.

I just KNEW it wasn't going to take long! Also...is it me, or does Doppel actually seem more...SINISTER here than she ever was before? It's like her description describes, she seems like even MORE of an oddity than she ever was before!

Honestly, what I CAN gather from her VERY mysterious ways of talking and her overall character description is that:
  • She seems to have gained a completely new level of mysterious power that appears to be VERY different from the power she displayed back in Yo~n.
  • She seems to have something very big planned, but even THAT'S a mystery in and of itself at the moment.
  • She either appears to have found a way to to distinguish herself from Arle even more or she's starting to show that she's getting fed up with being confused for Arle.
  • I think the whole "distinguishing herself" thing might be what's going on, as she seems to explain that no matter how much she wants to fight it, she's deciding to come to terms with who (or what) she is.
  • She also seems to imply that she knows some things about the real Arle that we don't. I guess it makes sense that she'd know just about everything there is to know about Arle, since she technically IS her.
All this being said......SEGA, WHY ARE YOU NOT BRINGING HER BACK FOR A MAINSTREAM GAME ALREADY? All of this looks like it could be the perfect setup to a new Puyo game's story! Actually...I wonder if it IS...?
The vibe I'm getting is that they really play up the mysterious aspect with her, especially her last quote, which could mean a lot of things.

The second quote really get's me personally though, it does play into the more tragic interpretations of her character, particulary how her existence as a doppelganger affects her. I mean "No matter how undesirable, the fact remains... that I am what I am..." does sound very defeated and harsh towards herself.

And yeah, this just serves to make me want a big comeback for her even more now, but I do appreciate how Quest actually delves into exploring her character a bit, with these little bits of flavor text.

Wow, is that Puyo Puyo collab with KFC STILL going on? Or is this from when it was a thing?

She is occasionally grouped with them, but not a real part of the Yo~n set (as backwards as it sounds), since she was added separately from them and has very different stats.

Really? I don't suppose her case was similar to characters like Succubus or the Demon Servant where they were added to Quest as solo character releases, resulting in them not being "tied down" to one specific set of characters?

The vibe I'm getting is that they really play up the mysterious aspect with her, especially her last quote, which could mean a lot of things.

The second quote really gets me personally though, it does play into the more tragic interpretations of her character, particularly how her existence as a doppelganger affects her. I mean "No matter how undesirable, the fact remains... that I am what I am..." does sound very defeated and harsh towards herself.

See? I can't help but feel like Doppel. Arle seems to accept the fact that she is a doppelganger through and through, but at the same time, it appears that she's not just going to lay down and take life just like that.

And yeah, this just serves to make me want a big comeback for her even more now, but I do appreciate how Quest actually delves into exploring her character a bit, with these little bits of flavor text.

Honestly, if I didn't want Doppel to return to the mainstream games before, I DEFINITELY want her back now. As I've said in my last post, Dusklight Doppel's description seems like the perfect setup to bring her back.

Really? I don't suppose her case was similar to characters like Succubus or the Demon Servant where they were added to Quest as solo character releases, resulting in them not being "tied down" to one specific set of characters?
It's exactly like that, Ally and Rafisol fall under the same category as well.

Honestly, if I didn't want Doppel to return to the mainstream games before, I DEFINITELY want her back now. As I've said in my last post, Dusklight Doppel's description seems like the perfect setup to bring her back.
Wold be nice if this meant something bigger, not gonna get up my hopes though.

Also by the by, could you reblog this :
https://warelander.tumblr.com/post/169709313635/rafisols-character-development-version-4-puyo

It didn't show up in the tags back when I posted it and it didn't bother me back then, but I really want this to spread, because some of the uninformed bad mouthing of Rafisol's character is still going on and frankly I'm tired of it.

It's exactly like that, Ally and Rafisol fall under the same category as well.

Oh, really? Huh, here I thought Ally and Rafisol were grouped together in some sort of "Chronicles" set.

Wold be nice if this meant something bigger, not gonna get up my hopes though.

As much as I really don't want to admit it, I've got to agree with you here...

Also by the by, could you reblog this :
https://warelander.tumblr.com/post/169709313635/rafisols-character-development-version-4-puyo

It didn't show up in the tags back when I posted it and it didn't bother me back then, but I really want this to spread, because some of the uninformed bad mouthing of Rafisol's character is still going on and frankly I'm tired of it.

Consider it done, my friend.

So I'm SURE you've seen the Nintendo Direct on Thursday, right? While I'm a tad sad that no mention of Puyo Chronicles was made, I got something UNIVERSES better. This being said, what do you think about Arle's chances for the upcoming Smash?

BTW, can I just say...WARIOWARE WITH FULL VOICE ACTING!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Also...RICK, COO, KINE, AND GOOEY ARE BACK! ALONG WITH MARX?!

Sure have, you have probably seen me go nuts over the return of WarioWare on Tumblr as is, so yeah, I'm kiiiiiiinda excited.

Also while Chronicle was a no-show on the Direct I'm still fairly optimistic, since Nintendo is still supporting the 3DS quite a bit, so it's still staying a relevant system for the time being, meaning all hope for a localization is not lost.

No idea about Arle in Smash though, I'd want it for sure, but Smash is something you really can't predict.

Sure have, you have probably seen me go nuts over the return of WarioWare on Tumblr as is, so yeah, I'm kiiiiiiinda excited.

Also while Chronicle was a no-show on the Direct I'm still fairly optimistic, since Nintendo is still supporting the 3DS quite a bit, so it's still staying a relevant system for the time being, meaning all hope for a localization is not lost.

No idea about Arle in Smash though, I'd want it for sure, but Smash is something you really can't predict.

Yeeeaaah...I've noticed your recent Tumblr posts HAVE had a conspicuous surplus of Wario-related posts recently... Seriously though, I REALLY want Ninty to reveal Mona's new look for this game already.

Yeah, I guess you have a point there. Initially, I was very unsure about Ninty continuing to support the 3DS for this long, but now that it is...well, my hope that Chronicles will be localized are still up there.

Good point...Still, I have a good feeling about her this time around.

BTW, what do you think of Kirby Star Allies and its recent news?

Back