Puyo Puyo

Well, I don't think it applies to other worlds period, since I doubt that these rules Satan established go beyond the world he created.

I suppose that is possible. I mean, the Fever-era and Puyo 7 casts may just have that whole "barely aging" thing going on with them, like most works of fiction.

1. It's okay, I ain't mad or upset or anything, I just wasn't expecting an ask with any more then one or two characters, let alone seven and wasn't sure how to even go about it.

I see. Say, you haven't done this for a couple of days now. I REALLY hope I didn't "scare" you into giving up on it, did I? If so, I'm sincerely sorry.

Say, could you refresh my memory on something regarding Rulue's story in Madou ARS? If I remember correctly, it was either you or someone else who confirmed that the Count didn't make his battle with Rulue easy, right? Like, it was practically a No-Holds Barred Beatdown at first with Rulue on the receiving end of it until Satan stepped in to assist her, right?

I ask because me and a friend on Tumblr are talking about the Madou and Puyo games. Specifically, they're covering the entire story of both series and I guess I'm just filling in any blanks they may have missed like Doppelganger Arle apparently being Arle's other half that was split from her, and if they rejoined, Arle would have goddess-level powers. You know, Madou and Puyo stuff.

I see. Say, you haven't done this for a couple of days now. I REALLY hope I didn't "scare" you into giving up on it, did I? If so, I'm sincerely sorry.
Nah, just haven't gotten any asks since then.

Say, could you refresh my memory on something regarding Rulue's story in Madou ARS? If I remember correctly, it was either you or someone else who confirmed that the Count didn't make his battle with Rulue easy, right? Like, it was practically a No-Holds Barred Beatdown at first with Rulue on the receiving end of it until Satan stepped in to assist her, right?

I ask because me and a friend on Tumblr are talking about the Madou and Puyo games. Specifically, they're covering the entire story of both series and I guess I'm just filling in any blanks they may have missed like Doppelganger Arle apparently being Arle's other half that was split from her, and if they rejoined, Arle would have goddess-level powers. You know, Madou and Puyo stuff.
I said that? I mean i did hear it like that yeah and it's how I interpret it from how it's presented in game, but while I am confident in that being the accurate description of that scene, I'm also not the best person to ask about untranslated stuff, since I have to rely on what others tell me.

Nah, just haven't gotten any asks since then.

Uh...say...this, uh...I don't know if this would be considered the WORST possible time to ask, but...I don't suppose you'll ever do my Incubus request? Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to do it after that big list of characters I gave you, then you're not obliged to do it.

I said that? I mean i did hear it like that yeah and it's how I interpret it from how it's presented in game, but while I am confident in that being the accurate description of that scene, I'm also not the best person to ask about untranslated stuff, since I have to rely on what others tell me.

Speaking of which...

http://jellipuddi.tumblr.com/post/172600805691/madou-monogatari-r-explanation

BTW, if you could give my reblog of this post a look-see, I feel like I have some relatively justified thoughts on the subject of Rulue and Carbuncle in this game.

Uh...say...this, uh...I don't know if this would be considered the WORST possible time to ask, but...I don't suppose you'll ever do my Incubus request? Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to do it after that big list of characters I gave you, then you're not obliged to do it.
It's not that, it's just that I don't think that I could make an interesting post out of it, since while I do like Incubus, he simply doesn't cross my mind that often, so I don't have a ton to say on him and given the choice I'd rather not do it at all, then to half-ass it.

Speaking of which...

http://jellipuddi.tumblr.com/post/172600805691/madou-monogatari-r-explanation

BTW, if you could give my reblog of this post a look-see, I feel like I have some relatively justified thoughts on the subject of Rulue and Carbuncle in this game.
I understand where you are coming from, heck my favorite aspect of Schezo's ARS campaign and Tower of the Magician is the complete absence of the one aspect of Schezo that I dislike, his entire relationship with Arle and while you don't dislike the Rulue/Satan dynamic, I do certainly get the desire to see some deviation of what we usually see from her or at least less focus on it. Personally though, I wasn't bothered by it.

As for Carbuncle...I dunno, honestly it's hard to say what's even going on in his head, I mean he seemed to live happy with Satan from what we see in ARS, yet only two years later he abandons him in favor of Arle, with the snap of a finger.

It's not that, it's just that I don't think that I could make an interesting post out of it, since while I do like Incubus, he simply doesn't cross my mind that often, so I don't have a ton to say on him and given the choice I'd rather not do it at all, then to half-ass it.

Oh, OK. I'm not going to lie to you, that's a relief. BTW, I've been meaning to say that I really appreciate your little shout-outs to my HCs for Succubus.

I understand where you are coming from. Heck, my favorite aspect of Schezo's ARS campaign and Tower of the Magician is the complete absence of the one aspect of Schezo that I dislike, his entire relationship with Arle and while you don't dislike the Rulue/Satan dynamic, I do certainly get the desire to see some deviation of what we usually see from her or at least less focus on it. Personally though, I wasn't bothered by it.

Compared to Rulue's story (which I still consider to be the weakest of Madou ARS's stories), I feel as if Schezo's story is probably the strongest and most compelling story in the game by comparison. Heck, if I may be so bold, I might even go as far as to consider the strongest and most compelling Madou story in general.

BTW, you ever wonder why Carbuncle never took to Rulue in the same way he took to Arle two years later in the sense that he’d come to live with her.

Was it just because of all the excitement caused by fighting the Count that the idea of being with Rulue never crossed the little guy’s mind?

As for the Rulue/Satan dynamic, you're right that I don't necessarily hate it (to an extent), but when it feels like it's Rulue's ENTIRE character, I can't help but admit that she's not exactly someone I care much for in the long run, to the point where I think I can safely say that I could do without her. Wow, kind of feels like your current issue with characters like Sig...

What's more, it's things like this that make me really appreciate those little tidbits of info that can really change how one sees a character. For example, in Rulue's Spring Break of Fists where we (shockingly) got an explanation as to why Rulue has such extreme mood swings, of all things.

Don't get me wrong, I still remember your whole talk about how it's not exactly her fault, but really SEGA's fault for barely doing a darn thing with her and the rest of the cast outside of the usual 5, thus making it look like she (along with a notable portion of the cast) is suffering from some severe Flanderization.

You know, I'm pretty sure the English dub for PPT even has Arle herself poke fun at this trait of Rulue's, stating that even in battle, she'd bring up Satan at least once, much to Ringo's surprise.

BTW, unrelated thing here: In Puyo Quest, it appears that the Madou-era/Fever-era characters whose highest level upgrades capped off at *5 are getting in on the upgrade bargain sale. Case in point:
DaDRSeaVQAAufDu.jpg:large

Last edited:
Oh, OK. I'm not going to lie to you, that's a relief. BTW, I've been meaning to say that I really appreciate your little shout-outs to my HCs for Succubus.
Hey no prob, I really like that HC myself, so there was no way I wasn't going to go with it.

As for the Rulue/Satan dynamic, you're right that I don't necessarily hate it (to an extent), but when it feels like it's Rulue's ENTIRE character, I can't help but admit that she's not exactly someone I care much for in the long run, to the point where I think I can safely say that I could do without her. Wow, kind of feels like your current issue with characters like Sig...
Eh, I would never say that I would ever not care about Sig in the long run or that I could ever do without him, while there are some similarities there my stance on Sig is actually quite different.

I'd say SEGA's take on Draco is a better comparison to your feelings on Rulue, because I legit would not care one bit if she disappeared from the series and never came back, because this version of Draco does not resemble the Draco that I actually like, in any way other then appearence.

What's more, it's things like this that make me really appreciate those little tidbits of info that can really change how one sees a character. For example, in Rulue's Spring Break of Fists where we (shockingly) got an explanation as to why Rulue has such extreme mood swings, of all things.
The Fever 2 backstory stuff and the many great little character moments in 15th fall into that as well, there's a reason why I keep praising them so much.
BTW, you ever wonder why Carbuncle never took to Rulue in the same way he took to Arle two years later in the sense that he’d come to live with her.

Was it just because of all the excitement caused by fighting the Count that the idea of being with Rulue never crossed the little guy’s mind?
I already said my piece on that one here :
As for Carbuncle...I dunno, honestly it's hard to say what's even going on in his head, I mean he seemed to live happy with Satan from what we see in ARS, yet only two years later he abandons him in favor of Arle, with the snap of a finger.

BTW, unrelated thing here: In Puyo Quest, it appears that the Madou-era/Fever-era characters whose highest level upgrades capped off at *5 are getting in on the upgrade bargain sale. Case in point:
DaDRSeaVQAAufDu.jpg:large
Are you sure about that? Because Fufufu has had his *6 card for years and even got a 7* card this february.
https://puyonexus.com/wiki/PPQ:Fufufu/★7

Eh, I would never say that I would ever not care about Sig in the long run or that I could ever do without him, while there are some similarities there my stance on Sig is actually quite different.

Sorry. My comparison to Sig was specifically referring to the whole "focused on one thing and now it feels like their only sign of a personality" issue. Not that you'd be able to do without him. While I'm not exactly thrilled about what SEGA is doing with him these days, even I can't imagine Puyo without him at this point.

I'd say SEGA's take on Draco is a better comparison to your feelings on Rulue, because I legit would not care one bit if she disappeared from the series and never came back, because this version of Draco does not resemble the Draco that I actually like, in any way other than appearance.

Oh, thank you so much. Draco is a MUCH better example of the point I was trying to get across. As much I love Draco, SEGA's screwed her up to the point that I'm STILL wondering what exactly was going through their heads when they prepared her for her return to the series via Puyo 7.

The Fever 2 backstory stuff and the many great little character moments in 15th fall into that as well, there's a reason why I keep praising them so much.

See what I mean? I mean, Compile and SEGA (pre-Puyo 7) KNEW how to do character development like it was no one's business. I mean, things like Draco's love for beauty contests were established even before the first Puyo game, if I remember correctly, thus giving her some hint of a personality beyond "generic enemy #1" or something. Also, as I've said for Rulue, what were the odds that we'd get an explanation as to why she can be such a freakin' temperamental ***** more often than not?

I already said my piece on that one here :

Whoops. Sorry, forgot that I even read that in the original post.

Are you sure about that? Because Fufufu has had his *6 card for years and even got a 7* card this february.

Oh, OK. I see what's going on here. I didn't bother to check the category Fufufu is PRIMARILY considered to be a part of. All this time, I always thought Fufufu was a member of the "Merchants" category, because...well, you know. I didn't know that his attacks and other skills simply get better when he's paired with any Merchants.

That being said, I didn't even know that there WAS a "Fishes" category. I guess it WOULD give Suketoudara and the Ocean Prince a section to call home.

Sorry. My comparison to Sig was specifically referring to the whole "focused on one thing and now it feels like their only sign of a personality" issue. Not that you'd be able to do without him. While I'm not exactly thrilled about what SEGA is doing with him these days, even I can't imagine Puyo without him at this point.
Ah okay, that makes more sense.

See what I mean? I mean, Compile and SEGA (pre-Puyo 7) KNEW how to do character development like it was no one's business. I mean, things like Draco's love for beauty contests were established even before the first Puyo game, if I remember correctly, thus giving her some hint of a personality beyond "generic enemy #1" or something. Also, as I've said for Rulue, what were the odds that we'd get an explanation as to why she can be such a freakin' temperamental ***** more often than not?
Pretty much. Yah know, I really don't wanna seem constantly complainy and unhappy, because obviously I love the franchise, I wouldn't talk about it anywhere near this much if I didn't, I'm just disappointed by the direction the writing has taken.

It's especially notable in the case of Sig, it's very transparant that he's my favorite character and that he's the one I have the most hopes and wishes for and while I completely understand that not everything I want out of him is going to happen, it's a major letdown when what I'd like to see happen is ignored or brushed over time and time again, especially if it's something that already build up to it in the past.

Pretty much. Yah know, I really don't wanna seem constantly complainy and unhappy, because obviously I love the franchise, I wouldn't talk about it anywhere near this much if I didn't, I'm just disappointed by the direction the writing has taken.

Hey, don't sweat it. Believe you me when I say you're certainly not the only one who feels that way. Honestly, I know Puyo Puyo isn't THAT big of a priority to SEGA like it was to Compile, but you have to wonder what in the world is going on over there that they're making the writing (and plots) so stagnant.

It's especially notable in the case of Sig, it's very apparent that he's my favorite character and that he's the one I have the most hopes and wishes for and while I completely understand that not everything I want out of him is going to happen, it's a major letdown when what I'd like to see happen is ignored or brushed over time and time again, especially if it's something that already build up to it in the past.

I feel the same way for most of the Fever-era cast myself. I'd say the same for the Madou-era cast, but they feel as if they're even more repetive with their gimmicks than they were in Compile's games. I'd also say the same thing for Risukuma and Maguro, but it looks like SEGA is finally doing more with them ever since Chronicles, having them at least interact with at least a bit more than just the 'A' Trio.

but you have to wonder what in the world is going on over there that they're making the writing (and plots) so stagnant.
I actually do have a bit of a theory on that. You see after the Sonic 06 disaster and Sonic Unleashed's (in my opinion undeserved ) critical beating there were clearly a lot of internal changes in how Sonic Team handled the franchise, among those changes is the writing, with the stories becoming more simplistic and formulaic, only ever featuring Sonic, Tails and Eggman as major players and a lot of themes repeating between games, not unlike what became of Puyo#s narrative.

This started with Sonic Colors in 2010, Puyo Puyo 7 came out in 2009 and my guess is that Puyo may have been affected alongside Sonic, in regards to the changes in how Sonic Team handles it's franchises (or those two at least).

This is really just a shot in the dark, but frankly PP7 being affected by all of this during development would explain a lot.

I actually do have a bit of a theory on that. You see after the Sonic 06 disaster and Sonic Unleashed's (in my opinion undeserved ) critical beating there were clearly a lot of internal changes in how Sonic Team handled the franchise, among those changes is the writing, with the stories becoming more simplistic and formulaic, only ever featuring Sonic, Tails and Eggman as major players and a lot of themes repeating between games, not unlike what became of Puyo#s narrative.

This started with Sonic Colors in 2010, Puyo Puyo 7 came out in 2009 and my guess is that Puyo may have been affected alongside Sonic, in regards to the changes in how Sonic Team handles it's franchises (or those two at least).

This is really just a shot in the dark, but frankly PP7 being affected by all of this during development would explain a lot.

Oh, man. I REALLY hate to admit it, but hat theory feels like it holds a LOT of weight. I can't believe Puyo possibly had to suffer for the mistakes with Sonic.

Oh, man. I REALLY hate to admit it, but hat theory feels like it holds a LOT of weight. I can't believe Puyo possibly had to suffer for the mistakes with Sonic.
I should stress that I'm not trying to put Sonic as the blame for Puyo's problems, but the similarities between what bothers me in both modern Puyo and Sonic stories are seriously uncanny.

Not to mention as I said, PP7 being affected during development would explain how a lot of the nonsense in that game's writing came to be and answer my question of why they would spend three games to build up the Fever world, only to toss it all out of the window.

I should stress that I'm not trying to put Sonic as the blame for Puyo's problems, but the similarities between what bothers me in both modern Puyo and Sonic stories are seriously uncanny.

Not to mention as I said, PP7 being affected during development would explain how a lot of the nonsense in that game's writing came to be and answer my question of why they would spend three games to build up the Fever world, only to toss it all out of the window.

Oh, trust me. I'm also not completely blaming Sonic for Puyo Puyo's problems or anything like that. I can totally see the similarities you're referring to.

Sonic: stories becoming more simplistic and formulaic, only ever featuring Sonic, Tails and Eggman as major players and a lot of themes repeating between games.
Puyo: stories becoming more simplistic and formulaic, only ever featuring Arle, Amitie, Ringo, Carbuncle, Satan, and Ecolo as major players and a lot of themes repeating between games.

As for PP7, it makes sense. Think about it, Sonic Unleashed (2008) was released like, a YEAR before PP7 (2009). I guess you could say that's it certainly not out of the realm of possibility that PP7's story, setting, and other related thing during its development ended up getting reworked before its release.

It might even explain how the stuff found in that game looks so "mismatched" at times. Heck, we shouldn't ignore PP7's single piece of concept art that even featured Ringo as a Magical Girl, in what appeared to be a much more magic-oriented Suzuran. Also, the Fever-era games (just like Sonic, prior to Colors) also had some surprisingly big world-building going on, and then it was all suddenly tossed out the window, come Puyo Puyo 7.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!!!

It is just very particular that both series would have a change in writing style in such a similar time and that both are very safe, formulaic and static approaches.

It is just very particular that both series would have a change in writing style in such a similar time and that both are very safe, formulaic and static approaches.

Exactly. Like, you just CAN'T ignore the evidence here.

BTW, I came across a Madou-focused website that seems to delve into character info still not released/translated here in the West.

Here's some character pages for Arle and Carbuncle I came across. I'll probably upload the rest later:

Arle
Reveals things like:
- The names of her mother and grandmother: Karin(mom), Maria (grandmother)
- Her dad mysteriously disappearing after going to work one day. It's implied he fought a necromancer at a cliff and won, but fell off the cliff. His body was never found...
- She wasn't born with her magic powers yet her parents were.
- She apparently had a crush on multiple guys at some point in her life, including a wandering samurai, SCHEZO (though she supposedly got over him quick once the "I want you...r power!" thing was revealed to her), SATAN (if not for his advances, she'd be more open to him), and her kindergarten principal.
- LAGNUS is her on-again/off-again BOYFRIEND.
- Her mom was a relatively famous magician, to the point that a continent was named after her.
- The reason blue and white are her primary clothing colors? Her (now-missing) dad wore the same colors, and she wears them in honor of him. The blue scrunchie that makes up her ponytail is actualy her dad's blue scarf.
- Heck, part of the reason she's such a tomboy is her apparently "acting out" due to her dad going missing.
- She also chose to be a magician in the hopes of finding out about his whereabouts.
- The only reason Arle can even understand Carbuncle is because she is the reincarnation of Lilith (Carby's original owner).

Carbuncle
Reveals things like:
- Was going to be a baby fox-like creature rather than rabbit-like during the original Madou trilogy's development.
- The gem on his forehead contains his life force. The moment the gem on his forehead runs out of power, he'll die.
- Carby doesn't hate Satan in the slightest. He just finds him VERY overprotective and smothering.
- The reasons Carby left Satan for Arle? He prefers being around girls, Arle knew how to make some DARN good curry, she reminds him of his original oner Lilith (for good reason), and Satan was just too overprotective and smothering.
- Carby doesn't prefer being with just ANY girl, as he's not all that fond of being alone with Draco (who'd probably eat him, and he's annoyed by her love of beauty contests), Witch (who has intentions to make an "ultimate potion" with his forehead gem. Mind you, this is his LIFE FORCE source), or even Rulue (who could care less about Carby, and only wants him as "proof" that Satan should marry her. It's also implied that he's not into older women (over 16), implying another reason as to why he's not with Rulue. It's even mentioned that he was a lot more "fond" of Rulue in Madou ARS, as she was 16 back then. Luckily, the new Madou world Satan constructed has a no-aging rule, so he's probably not leaving Arle anytime soon...
- Carbuncle is implied to be VERY durable AND know martial arts. He doesn't do any martial arts cause he chooses not to and his stamina is crazy low.
- It's implied that Carby is MUCH smarter and cunning than he lets on.
- He's also said to be an amazing curry chef. Curry is also said to be Serious Business to him. Like, his commitment to curry makes him as scary as Rulue when it comes to Satan.

Exactly. Like, you just CAN'T ignore the evidence here.

BTW, I came across a Madou-focused website that seems to delve into character info still not released/translated here in the West.

Here's some character pages for Arle and Carbuncle I came across. I'll probably upload the rest later:

Arle
Reveals things like:
- The names of her mother and grandmother: Karin(mom), Maria (grandmother)
- Her dad mysteriously disappearing after going to work one day. It's implied he fought a necromancer at a cliff and won, but fell off the cliff. His body was never found...
- She wasn't born with her magic powers yet her parents were.
- She apparently had a crush on multiple guys at some point in her life, including a wandering samurai, SCHEZO (though she supposedly got over him quick once the "I want you...r power!" thing was revealed to her), SATAN (if not for his advances, she'd be more open to him), and her kindergarten principal.
- LAGNUS is her on-again/off-again BOYFRIEND.
- Her mom was a relatively famous magician, to the point that a continent was named after her.
- The reason blue and white are her primary clothing colors? Her (now-missing) dad wore the same colors, and she wears them in honor of him. The blue scrunchie that makes up her ponytail is actualy her dad's blue scarf.
- Heck, part of the reason she's such a tomboy is her apparently "acting out" due to her dad going missing.
- She also chose to be a magician in the hopes of finding out about his whereabouts.
- The only reason Arle can even understand Carbuncle is because she is the reincarnation of Lilith (Carby's original owner).

Carbuncle
Reveals things like:
- Was going to be a baby fox-like creature rather than rabbit-like during the original Madou trilogy's development.
- The gem on his forehead contains his life force. The moment the gem on his forehead runs out of power, he'll die.
- Carby doesn't hate Satan in the slightest. He just finds him VERY overprotective and smothering.
- The reasons Carby left Satan for Arle? He prefers being around girls, Arle knew how to make some DARN good curry, she reminds him of his original oner Lilith (for good reason), and Satan was just too overprotective and smothering.
- Carby doesn't prefer being with just ANY girl, as he's not all that fond of being alone with Draco (who'd probably eat him, and he's annoyed by her love of beauty contests), Witch (who has intentions to make an "ultimate potion" with his forehead gem. Mind you, this is his LIFE FORCE source), or even Rulue (who could care less about Carby, and only wants him as "proof" that Satan should marry her. It's also implied that he's not into older women (over 16), implying another reason as to why he's not with Rulue. It's even mentioned that he was a lot more "fond" of Rulue in Madou ARS, as she was 16 back then. Luckily, the new Madou world Satan constructed has a no-aging rule, so he's probably not leaving Arle anytime soon...
- Carbuncle is implied to be VERY durable AND know martial arts. He doesn't do any martial arts cause he chooses not to and his stamina is crazy low.
- It's implied that Carby is MUCH smarter and cunning than he lets on.
- He's also said to be an amazing curry chef. Curry is also said to be Serious Business to him. Like, his commitment to curry makes him as scary as Rulue when it comes to Satan.
Is this from Shin Madou or anything? Either way I do like the info on her dad and how his disappearence shaped certain aspects of her character, the bit about her and Lagnus though...I dunno, if I had to choose a third Arle ship, next to the two that I personally like it would probably be Arle/Lagnus and I don't find anything bad about it, but still....I'm gonna lay off the Puyo shipping for a while, because I feel a bit disillusioned right now.

Is this from Shin Madou or anything? Either way I do like the info on her dad and how his disappearence shaped certain aspects of her character, the bit about her and Lagnus though...I dunno, if I had to choose a third Arle ship, next to the two that I personally like it would probably be Arle/Lagnus and I don't find anything bad about it, but still....I'm gonna lay off the Puyo shipping for a while, because I feel a bit disillusioned right now.

Actually, yes. This is from Shin Madou, but as we've seen from the Shin Madou timeline I uploaded, this can be attributed to the games as well.

That said, I'm even more intrigued by all this lore than ever before.

BTW, I really hope I didn't spoil Arle x Sig for you or anything. Heck, I'm praying I didn't just ruin Puyo shipping as a whole for you.

Actually, yes. This is from Shin Madou, but as we've seen from the Shin Madou timeline I uploaded, this can be attributed to the games as well.

That said, I'm even more intrigued by all this lore than ever before.

BTW, I really hope I didn't spoil Arle x Sig for you or anything. Heck, I'm praying I didn't just ruin Puyo shipping as a whole for you.
I'd be lying if I said that a lot of my enthusiasm for it hadn't just gone up in flames, especially since I'm a sucker for trying to stick close to canon with my fanon, but I'm not holding it against you, I would have likely found out about it via some other way someday and have the same reaction, it was probably just a matter of time.

I dunno, I just want a pleasent surprise for once and I'm not even asking for much, but this was a very nasty damper.

I'd be lying if I said that a lot of my enthusiasm for it hadn't just gone up in flames, especially since I'm a sucker for trying to stick close to canon with my fanon, but I'm not holding it against you, I would have likely found out about it via some other way someday and have the same reaction, it was probably just a matter of time.

I dunno, I just want a pleasant surprise for once and I'm not even asking for much, but this was a very nasty damper.

Oh, man. I'm really sorry. Now I don't even know if I should still post this on Tumblr due to what just happened. Hold on, you're not going to shut down the Shigaru blog, are you??

Look, I know SEGA hasn't been exactly kind to the idea of Arle and Sig for quite some time if their interactions post-15th are of any indication, but still...

Oh, man. I'm really sorry. Now I don't even know if I should still post this on Tumblr due to what just happened. Hold on, you're not going to shut down the Shigaru blog, are you??

Look, I know SEGA hasn't been exactly kind to the idea of Arle and Sig for quite some time if their interactions post-15th are of any indication, but still...
You don't need to be sorry about anything and don't let any of this stop you from posting it, this whole thing is really my problem, it's something I just need to accept, it stings, but hey, what can yah do?

As for the Shigaru blog, I admitingly did think of getting rid of it at first, but that was a very ''in the moment'' kind of thing. The truth is that this pairing is too big of a part of my Puyo fandom for me to just abandon it, regardless of how down I might feel about it right now.

I know I said I would rather stay away from Puyo shipping for a while, but the truth is that I would probably be better off trying to enjoy myself even with that revelation, instead of moping around and feeling sorry for myself, I just don't know what to do in regards to Arle x Sig, because I certainly know that I shouldn't hope for any offical media to deliver on that one.

On a more uplifting note, check this out :
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12905537/1/In-the-Grasp-of-the-Doppelganger-NEW-Canon-Flavoured

See the notes at the end, that was a nice surprise, I did talk with kirbymanx about the backstory for Doppel, which lead to this and I really did have a big grin on my face when I want online and saw it.

Last edited:
Back