Puyo Puyo

You don't need to be sorry about anything and don't let any of this stop you from posting it, this whole thing is really my problem, it's something I just need to accept, it stings, but hey, what can yah do?

Well, if it makes you feel ANY better, Arle x Lagnus doesn't seem to be that big of a focus ever since SEGA took over. Then again, the ONLY canon couple as of SEGA's run seems to be Onion Pixy x Oniko/Onionette. What's more, I still support Arle x Sig. Like, I'm not opposed to it AT ALL. I mean, I also ship Arle x Lagnus and Amitie x Sig, but I also ship Arle x Sig, especially after all the art I've seen on that blog of yours.

As for the Shigaru blog, I admittedly did think of getting rid of it at first, but that was a very ''in the moment'' kind of thing. The truth is that this pairing is too big of a part of my Puyo fandom for me to just abandon it, regardless of how down I might feel about it right now.

I know I said I would rather stay away from Puyo shipping for a while, but the truth is that I would probably be better off trying to enjoy myself even with that revelation, instead of moping around and feeling sorry for myself, I just don't know what to do in regards to Arle x Sig, because I certainly know that I shouldn't hope for any offical media to deliver on that one.

Well, that's good. Just remember, you're free to ship whoever you want, regardless of canon. Besides, I'm sure you (hopefully) saw what I just said about the current status of Arle x Lagnus as of SEGA's run of the series.

On a more uplifting note, check this out :
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12905537/1/In-the-Grasp-of-the-Doppelganger-NEW-Canon-Flavoured

See the notes at the end, that was a nice surprise, I did talk with kirbymanx about the backstory for Doppel, which lead to this and I really did have a big grin on my face when I want online and saw it.

Oh, yeah! I literally JUST finished reading that as I'm typing this now. Personally, I love this because it's more fitting than ever before considering the recent revelations (at least, to the West) regarding Doppelganger Arle's motivations in Yo~n, the fact that I posted said info around late March, and it's being spread around the fandom like wildfire, and it's just straight-up cute.d:)

I just wanna quickly apologize for having had such a strong reaction over this, I really should have taken some time to let it sink in, rather then to respond with such a gloomy attitude, even if that was how I felt, though I'm getting better about it, since let's be honest : nothing really needs to change for me, even with that knowledge, that's something I'm realizing for myself.

Well, if it makes you feel ANY better, Arle x Lagnus doesn't seem to be that big of a focus ever since SEGA took over. Then again, the ONLY canon couple as of SEGA's run seems to be Onion Pixy x Oniko/Onionette.
True, though to be honest even during Compile's days it's never been brought up in the games, Chronicle is the first time I can recall where Arle even recognizes Lagnus between games and seemingly nobody ever feels the need to point out to Satan that she's appearently taken, not even Arle herself.

Not trying to disprove it or anything, because I really don't have anything against Arle/Lagnus and if she had to have a Madou-era love interest there's really nobody who I would have rather wanted in that position then him.

What's more, I still support Arle x Sig. Like, I'm not opposed to it AT ALL. I mean, I also ship Arle x Lagnus and Amitie x Sig, but I also ship Arle x Sig, especially after all the art I've seen on that blog of yours.
Oh wow really? I always thought you were more neutral on it then anything else.

Well, that's good. Just remember, you're free to ship whoever you want, regardless of canon. Besides, I'm sure you (hopefully) saw what I just said about the current status of Arle x Lagnus as of SEGA's run of the series.
Point well made.

Oh, yeah! I literally JUST finished reading that as I'm typing this now. Personally, I love this because it's more fitting than ever before considering the recent revelations (at least, to the West) regarding Doppelganger Arle's motivations in Yo~n, the fact that I posted said info around late March, and it's being spread around the fandom like wildfire, and it's just straight-up cute.d:)
It is amazing how far it has already spread, really glad that's the case, because it certainly helped me to find an even greater appreciation for Doppel and I already adored her to begin with.

I just wanna quickly apologize for having had such a strong reaction over this, I really should have taken some time to let it sink in, rather then to respond with such a gloomy attitude, even if that was how I felt, though I'm getting better about it, since let's be honest : nothing really needs to change for me, even with that knowledge, that's something I'm realizing for myself.

Hey, it's OK. Again, I should apologize for just showing that to you and not take your feelings over Arle x Sig into consideration first.

True, though to be honest even during Compile's days it's never been brought up in the games, Chronicle is the first time I can recall where Arle even recognizes Lagnus between games and seemingly nobody ever feels the need to point out to Satan that she's apparently taken, not even Arle herself.

You know, a part of me feels that the only reason that even Arle herself didn't bring it up is because SEGA has already dropped the "lore continuity" that they started with the Fever duology/15th Anniversary, so I GUESS(?) it makes sense that they wouldn't bother to bring up something that Compile established. Again, that's jut my two cents.

ANOTHER part of me feels that (and I'll be honest, I'm totally dipping into headcanon territory here) Arle simply didn't bring it up because she'd rather not have Satan unleash all (Puyo) Hell upon Lagnus upon hearing that "his fiance" is already spoken for.:giggle:

Not trying to disprove it or anything, because I really don't have anything against Arle/Lagnus and if she had to have a Madou-era love interest there's really nobody who I would have rather wanted in that position then him.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Normally, I ship Lagnus x Kikimora and Arle x Schezo (Yes, this is still sort of a guilty ship for me), but in the event of a "HARD CANON" ship, I'd MUCH rather it be Arle x Lagnus. It also helps that I feel like Arle and Lagnus' relationship in Saturn Madou SLIGHTLY reminds me of Ringo and Tee's in Puyo Tetris.

Note that I said "slightly". As far as I can remember, Arle and (17 year-old) Lagnus didn't interact often (in Saturn Madou), but I'm pretty sure he's one of the few times (if not, the ONLY TIME) that Arle has ever shown even slight physical attraction towards anyone in ANY of the games (Puyo OR Madou).

Oh, wow...really? I always thought you were more neutral on it then anything else.

Sorry, I should probably be more clear. I still support Amitie x Sig much more, but I was never opposed to Arle x Sig. Of course, I'm still not thrilled over what SEGA's been doing with Ami and Sig in terms of narrative in recent years, but that aside, I still ship them.

It is amazing how far it has already spread, really glad that's the case, because it certainly helped me to find an even greater appreciation for Doppel and I already adored her to begin with.

I feel the same way. For a while now, Doppel's been in my top 10 of favorite Puyo characters. Mind you, this was despite her relatively short appearance in Yo~n, and her (originally) ambiguous motives, but after getting a full translation that reveals how Compile apparently had her entire character arc planned out, I just love her all the more...and that badass-looking alt of hers in Puyo Quest did NOT hurt to see, either.

BTW, speaking of narrative... the third chapter of 'Amitie and the Girl of Love' was translated recently, and something I saw in it sort of...intrigued me, in a sense. For the first time (at least, to my knowledge) Maguro was NOT (initially) interacting with Ringo or ANY of the 'A' Quartet.

Nope, he was actually interacting with Klug AND Sig. I don't know why, but something about that just interests me quite a bit. I think it's because it reminds me of the "unlikely" interactions you could get in 15th, where the Madou-era cast was interacting extensively with the Fever-era cast, and it made for interesting dialogue.

As you know, Puyo 7 would begin the trend of the 'A' Trio, Satan, and Ecolo getting constant focus over the rest of the cast, so the various "eras" would end up being more "self-contained" and Risukuma and Maguro would (by extension) end up barely interacting with anyone OUTSIDE of the 'A' Trio or Ecolo.

Hey, it's OK. Again, I should apologize for just showing that to you and not take your feelings over Arle x Sig into consideration first.
No need to be sorry about anything.

BTW, speaking of narrative... the third chapter of 'Amitie and the Girl of Love' was translated recently, and something I saw in it sort of...intrigued me, in a sense. For the first time (at least, to my knowledge) Maguro was NOT (initially) interacting with Ringo or ANY of the 'A' Quartet.

Nope, he was actually interacting with Klug AND Sig. I don't know why, but something about that just interests me quite a bit. I think it's because it reminds me of the "unlikely" interactions you could get in 15th, where the Madou-era cast was interacting extensively with the Fever-era cast, and it made for interesting dialogue.

As you know, Puyo 7 would begin the trend of the 'A' Trio, Satan, and Ecolo getting constant focus over the rest of the cast, so the various "eras" would end up being more "self-contained" and Risukuma and Maguro would (by extension) end up barely interacting with anyone OUTSIDE of the 'A' Trio or Ecolo.
I guess? I mean it's not like it was anything uberly substantial or anything, though maybe it just didn't stick with me because the chapter also contained something that helped make me as upset over the Arle/Lagnus thing as I was, because this franchise hates me.

Either way, I don't mean to be rude by not replying to your other points, but I'd rather drop this subject now, I don't want to talk or even think about it anymore.

On a different note here's something neat I found :

I adore Wario's Woods, so I'd actually really love to see someone come up with a concept of how it could cross over with Puyo, especially given how unconventional WW's gameplay is.

puyo_puyo_shipping_chart_by_warelander-dc9k1ws.png
I did your meme @warelander

Also, Hello everyone!

Heh, I'm only now realizing that I somehow put Amitie on there twice, goes to show how late it was for me when I made it or maybe Amitie x Amitie is actually my true OTP and it's just that nobodys knows,

View attachment 6993
I did your meme @warelander

Also, Hello everyone!

Heh, I'm only now realizing that I somehow put Amitie on there twice, goes to show how late it was for me when I made it or maybe Amitie x Amitie is actually my true OTP and it's just that nobodys knows,

Nice job on the ship meme, guys!

Hey, forgive me if this comes off as..."pretentious", but is it weird for me to be feeling some sort of..."pride" at how my Tumblr post about the Shin Madou timeline has really "opened people's eyes" to Doppel and her motives?

Nice job on the ship meme, guys!
Thanks, though amazingly enough someone else on Tumblr made their own Puyo ship chart literally the night after I posted mine on Deviantart, talk about coincidence.

The other one is actually really good, never posted anything about it, but I did fill it out, so enjoy(?) :

Hey, forgive me if this comes off as..."pretentious", but is it weird for me to be feeling some sort of..."pride" at how my Tumblr post about the Shin Madou timeline has really "opened people's eyes" to Doppel and her motives?
Nah, I wouldn't call it pretentious at all, consider that your post opened up a way for western fans to get a better understanding of her character, that's a big deal and a major contribution to the community.

Thanks, though amazingly enough someone else on Tumblr made their own Puyo ship chart literally the night after I posted mine on Deviantart, talk about coincidence.

The other one is actually really good, never posted anything about it, but I did fill it out, so enjoy(?) :

Say, do you think I could make a chart of my own? Like, would you know how I could do it?

Nah, I wouldn't call it pretentious at all, consider that your post opened up a way for western fans to get a better understanding of her character, that's a big deal and a major contribution to the community.

Really? Well, thanks! Heck, you won't believe it. I think 2-3 (or 4) fanfics have even been made pertaining to Doppel's nature and life! Heck, someone even made a fanfic based on MY headcanon of Ecolo coming across Doppel!

Say, do you think I could make a chart of my own? Like, would you know how I could do it?
Sure you could, there really isn't that much behind making a basic one, especially since the Quest cards make for very easy to use and optain icons for the characters, all I can really say is look around for other shipping charts and see if they inspire you someway, in how you want to structure yours.

Putting all the icons in a square like the two already existing Puyo charts would be the most simple way to do it, but again, you might have ideas of your own, really depends on how you want it to be visually,
Really? Well, thanks! Heck, you won't believe it. I think 2-3 (or 4) fanfics have even been made pertaining to Doppel's nature and life! Heck, someone even made a fanfic based on MY headcanon of Ecolo coming across Doppel!
I counted 4, there's no denying that people have gone nuts with the concept.

On a different note, thanks to me now knowing her true nature Doppel really ascended to become even more of a favorite of mine, to the point where I finally decided to dedicate a blog to her, like I did with Sig. In exchange I got rid of the Puyo Wars blog, I still like the game, but I really never had enough to post to justify a dedicated blog.

Last edited:
Sure you could, there really isn't that much behind making a basic one, especially since the Quest cards make for very easy to use and obtain icons for the characters, all I can really say is look around for other shipping charts and see if they inspire you someway, in how you want to structure yours.

Putting all the icons in a square like the two already existing Puyo charts would be the most simple way to do it, but again, you might have ideas of your own, really depends on how you want it to be visually,

All right! When I get time, I'll see to getting to it.

I counted 4, there's no denying that people have gone nuts with the concept.

On a different note, thanks to me now knowing her true nature Doppel really ascended to become even more of a favorite of mine, to the point where I finally decided to dedicate a blog to her, like I did with Sig. In exchange I got rid of the Puyo Wars blog, I still like the game, but I really never had enough to post to justify a dedicated blog.

Oh, without a shadow of a doubt. Honestly, I know Doppel already had one of the the biggest character fanbases (In Japan AND in the West), but I feel as if her popularity has SKYROCKETED following the reveal of her origins. Honestly, I'm kind of glad her CANON origin DIDN'T stem from the whole "magic mirror" trope as we all thought it did.

Heck, the magic mirror thing seems to be attributed more towards Arle meeting her ancestor Lilith (who looks identical to her descendant, Arle) who she met in the Phantom Zone.

Also, I saw your Doppel blog and I even followed it! It's too bad you dropped your Puyo Wars blog, though. I hope you moved the Puyo Wars stuff back to your main blog though.

Oh, without a shadow of a doubt. Honestly, I know Doppel already had one of the the biggest character fanbases (In Japan AND in the West), but I feel as if her popularity has SKYROCKETED following the reveal of her origins. Honestly, I'm kind of glad her CANON origin DIDN'T stem from the whole "magic mirror" trope as we all thought it did.

Heck, the magic mirror thing seems to be attributed more towards Arle meeting her ancestor Lilith (who looks identical to her descendant, Arle) who she met in the Phantom Zone.
Doppel alway was one of the pures ensemble darkhorses in the series, which makes it all the more baffling to me that SEGA doesn't seem to see any need to really capitalize on it.

Also, I saw your Doppel blog and I even followed it! It's too bad you dropped your Puyo Wars blog, though. I hope you moved the Puyo Wars stuff back to your main blog though.
It's all on my regular blog as well, there would be no way I'd just let all that stuff get lost.

In other news, new fic from me. Also, it is rather funny how I openly despise the Light Novels, yet get quite a bit of mileage out of Sig's Secret, then again that's the only one that I actually give credit for interesting ideas, even if I don't like the execution.

Last edited:
Doppel always was one of the pure ensemble darkhorses in the series, which makes it all the more baffling to me that SEGA doesn't seem to see any need to really capitalize on it.

I know, right? Considering her true origins, I would think SEGA would like to capitalize on it. I mean, it's not like they've really declared all of that non-canon or anything.

Heck, SEGA even seems to be alluding to it via the quotes of Doppel's new alt., one of which has her state that she knows something about Arle no one else does, which seems to tie in unusually well with the confirmation by Compile that only Satan, Doppel, and Lilith (the ancestor of Arle and technically Doppel) have any knowledge of the events of the Madou games, the Madou-era cast's lives in that previous lifetime, and by extension, Doppel being aware that she and Arle are quite literally "two sides of the same coin".

It's all on my regular blog as well, there would be no way I'd just let all that stuff get lost.

Oh, really? Well, that's good!

In other news, new fic from me. Also, it is rather funny how I openly despise the Light Novels, yet get quite a bit of mileage out of Sig's Secret, then again that's the only one that I actually give credit for interesting ideas, even if I don't like the execution.

Yeah, I noticed you've been doing a couple of fics here and there that seem to be inspired by the events of Sig's Secret.

Well, let's just be glad that the LN's are more or less confirmed to be an alternate continuity as of the newest book that features Ally.

I know, right? Considering her true origins, I would think SEGA would like to capitalize on it. I mean, it's not like they've really declared all of that non-canon or anything.

Heck, SEGA even seems to be alluding to it via the quotes of Doppel's new alt., one of which has her state that she knows something about Arle no one else does, which seems to tie in unusually well with the confirmation by Compile that only Satan, Doppel, and Lilith (the ancestor of Arle and technically Doppel) have any knowledge of the events of the Madou games, the Madou-era cast's lives in that previous lifetime, and by extension, Doppel being aware that she and Arle are quite literally "two sides of the same coin".
That's something I generally want to highlight, because I sometimes see people act as if SEGA is bent on retconning everything Compile has established, when nothing lke that has ever once happened over time they have owned the franchise. Everything that's inconsistent in their games was already incosistent in Compile's games as well, for instance.

Well, let's just be glad that the LN's are more or less confirmed to be an alternate continuity as of the newest book that features Ally.
That is unless there's some sort of memory erasing deus ex machina at the end of it all, there have been many cases of ''multiple first meetings'' in the franchise, but this isn't just a single encounter, the entire story banks on it and it really doesn't work in the context of Chronicle, even as a prequel, since nobody knows who Ally is in that game either.

Plus there's also that Ally in the Light Novel comes from a random door in the sky, with the book that contains her world being nowhere in sight, so far and the fact that Rafisol doesn't seem to exist at all here, which gives me the impression that this Ally has a completely different background.

I dunno, I'd just really appreciate if these novels aren't canon to the games, there are some small things that I liked, but on the whole the novels don't do anything for me, other then to disappoint me time and time again. To put things into perspective : the Light Novels play by far the biggest part in why I don't care about seeing Amitie with Sig anymore, just to name one thing these things have soured me on.

That's something I generally want to highlight, because I sometimes see people act as if SEGA is bent on retconning everything Compile has established, when nothing like that has ever once happened over time they have owned the franchise. Everything that's inconsistent in their games was already inconsistent in Compile's games as well, for instance.

Precisely. There's also the fact that we've had shout-outs to Satan himself referring to his days as a headmaster in Puyo 7, Schezo's Aloha alt. in Quest referring to the events of Puyo SUN, as well as the aforementioned quote from her new Dusklight alt. in Quest we just discussed.

Heck, Puyo Wars even has PINK Puyo, and where else has Pink Puyo appeared in the series?

That is unless there's some sort of memory erasing deus ex machina at the end of it all, there have been many cases of ''multiple first meetings'' in the franchise, but this isn't just a single encounter, the entire story banks on it and it really doesn't work in the context of Chronicle, even as a prequel, since nobody knows who Ally is in that game either.

Plus there's also that Ally in the Light Novel comes from a random door in the sky, with the book that contains her world being nowhere in sight, so far and the fact that Rafisol doesn't seem to exist at all here, which gives me the impression that this Ally has a completely different background.

I dunno, I'd just really appreciate if these novels aren't canon to the games, there are some small things that I liked, but on the whole the novels don't do anything for me, other then to disappoint me time and time again. To put things into perspective : the Light Novels play by far the biggest part in why I don't care about seeing Amitie with Sig anymore, just to name one thing these things have soured me on.

Well, as I've said, the LN's seem to be considered an alt. continuity. Even without Ally's book, there's been other stuff that implies this too. Such as how Ringo, Risukuma, and Maguro appear to be permanent residents of Primp, though I'll admit that could just be a case of the LN's taking place before 20th's ending.

Precisely. There's also the fact that we've had shout-outs to Satan himself referring to his days as a headmaster in Puyo 7, Schezo's Aloha alt. in Quest referring to the events of Puyo SUN, as well as the aforementioned quote from her new Dusklight alt. in Quest we just discussed.

Heck, Puyo Wars even has PINK Puyo, and where else has Pink Puyo appeared in the series?
Pretty much, also on a different topic, I finally finished the ''Aftermath of the Tournament'' rewrite that nobody wanted, but I liked doing, a couple of days ago and am currently brainstorming ideas for the outline of a Rafisol centric story, very curious to see how I'll do with her,

Pretty much, also on a different topic, I finally finished the ''Aftermath of the Tournament'' rewrite that nobody wanted, but I liked doing, a couple of days ago and am currently brainstorming ideas for the outline of a Rafisol centric story, very curious to see how I'll do with her,

I liked the rewrite. Felt like more bases were covered if you ask me. Also, I read your Rafisol fic! It really makes me want Raf and Ally to return for a new game all the more!

Hey @puyokid How do you feel about my otp Ashley(warioware) x Testbody (madou monogatari series) plsss I need your input stat!

Well, I see Ashley creating Test Body in secret for a new potion, that not even Red knows about.

I liked the rewrite. Felt like more bases were covered if you ask me. Also, I read your Rafisol fic! It really makes me want Raf and Ally to return for a new game all the more!
Ah thanks! I just figured that a rewrite should be a thing, since I feel that the original lacked substance and jumped into the love dovey stuff too quickly.

I will say that I do consider the Sigsol fic to be the most solid thing that I have written so far, it was supposed to be just a brief part of another Rafisol story, but I am heavily changing direction with that one, but still wanted to do something with Sig's part, so that one got expanded into it's own one-shot.

Back