have this fucking abomination
WAHLET.png

2018-05-27 09.00.25.png

In this weird edit I did, Sky, Rottytops, and Bolo are like the big kids who always get to go out to get snacks or maybe even video games, while Shantae's like a semi-emo little sister who always stays home due to quitting on going out knowing it won't go well. Shantae is just like me in this edit.

Man, I love relatable edits. Like this one that I didn't do.
Capture%2B_2018-02-14-16-53-09-1.png

Screenshot_2018-05-28-16-14-13.png

This post sums up all of my feelings on diversity in entertainment.

Films and tv are not good cuz "hey look black people", they shouldnt be treated like such a novelty. Nobody cares if the cast of a show or film is diverse, as long as the show is good, and the diverse cast makes sense (for example, a film based on ancient Japan that has a black character, with no reason or explanation of him being there, thats just lame).

I dont think that people hate this over the top diversity in entertainment because its diverse. Its juat annoying to see such things being used merely for the sake of virtue signaling amd brownie points.

Shows like hey arnold played diversity like it was no big deal, like duh, Arnold's city is a large urban area with many different kinds of people, so theres no reason his best friend couldnt be black. And it was cool that they were best friends without ot being treated like a novelty.

I for real wish we could return to a 90s sense of diversity. Its the obviois correct choice, but lets not celebrate ourselves for being nice to someone different from us. Once you do that, NO ONE wants to listen to you.

View attachment 7220

This post sums up all of my feelings on diversity in entertainment.

Films and tv are not good cuz "hey look black people", they shouldnt be treated like such a novelty. Nobody cares if the cast of a show or film is diverse, as long as the show is good, and the diverse cast makes sense (for example, a film based on ancient Japan that has a black character, with no reason or explanation of him being there, thats just lame).

I dont think that people hate this over the top diversity in entertainment because its diverse. Its juat annoying to see such things being used merely for the sake of virtue signaling amd brownie points.

Shows like hey arnold played diversity like it was no big deal, like duh, Arnold's city is a large urban area with many different kinds of people, so theres no reason his best friend couldnt be black. And it was cool that they were best friends without ot being treated like a novelty.

I for real wish we could return to a 90s sense of diversity. Its the obviois correct choice, but lets not celebrate ourselves for being nice to someone different from us. Once you do that, NO ONE wants to listen to you.

The only reason it's happening now as opposed to back than is the fact that people feel entitled not oppressed. Valuing freedom of speech is one thing but I feel that most people who have been born within the last 2 decades can't seem to understand these two bit of information. There is a really interesting video that sort of shows the state of these people and how we can just peacefully ignore them.

The term don't like it don't support it doesn't really fit in this case and if we truly want things to at least go forward and move on is to just don't give it the attention it seeks, these are the things people get their panties tied up in a bunch. There is no such thing as bad publicity after all.

Ive actually seen that video before, or at least part of it. Not sure I watched it all the way through, this time I stopped at the girls interrupting with their "hate speech does incite violence" chant.
But yeah, everytime I see a conversatiom like this where the person is asked how are they oppressed and how can the govt fix their oppression, they always avoid the question yeah.

When it comes to entertainment, Ive never seen a single person say no blacks or no women in television/ movies. They just want to be able to enjoy a show without having to feel like they are being preached to and treated like their racist monsters when they arent.
That kinda stuff only makes racial tensiom worse, and not better. We should be acting as if we work together, and its not a big deal.

Can't agree more on the diversity stuff. Pushing for 'diversity' because it's 'trendy' or the 'in thing' or what not doesn't help anything, nor does basing an entire character on their race/gender/sexual orientation/whatever. If you want to make a good series/film/game/whatever with a diverse cast, make sure the characters have interesting personalities and stories in their own right, and don't market them as 'diverse'.

All this pointless signalling doesn't help at all.

Back