Rant section

was this a good idea?

• yes.

• no.

• eh, kinda like-hate.

• dont know.

• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Donald Trump joined this site and broke the rules, I'd be damn well sure to ban him. Meanwhile if he didn't break the rules I wouldn't. Simple as.

Sorry for going out of topic, but I was wondering: If Donald Trump knew about Wario, do you think he would be a fan of him and the series?
I have always had the feeling that Wario would be a Trump supporter he lived in the real world, but would Trump like him too? Either he does, or they would be rivals, I think.

That's an... interesting question.

Personally I could see Trump admiring Wario in some way or another. Not sure if he'd be enough of a fan to join the forum though.

Prosecutors to seek death penalty for El Paso shooter

I have always been pro death penalty for terrorists and perpetrators of other heinous crimes. But today, after hearing about this tragic incident, I must admit that I had to considerably revise my personal views on the topic.
Until now, I didn't really realise that for many terrorists, including this one, death is no punishment. While I knew this already of religious terrorists, It was not until now that I realised that the exact same applies to numerous others as well. On the contrary, being alive would be a punishment for such criminals, and that's why I think that in this instance, not the death penalty, but life in solitary confinement without possibility of parole would be a better punishment. For long, I have thought that ''cruel mercy'' (let them live so they can suffer), a common argument against the death penalty, didn't make much sense, but now I have changed my view. (Yet I'm still a proponent for death penalty in many cases, as well as a proponent for harsh punishments for serious crimes.)

As Donald Trump stated: ''There are no reasons or excuses that will ever justify killing of innocent people.''
That's exactly what my thoughts are too, and why I want anyone who murders innocents to be punished severely.

It's time for the first edition of Big Thoughts with Big Ma(g)ma

I'll admit my thoughts on this are not fully fleshed out and so I'd totally love to hear other people's thoughts on this. Nonetheless, this is still something that bothers me.

And that thing is...plastic surgery(for non-reconstructive purposes) and the things that enable/normalize them(K-Pop, Snapchat filters) and I guess as a whole, societal pressures to look a certain way.

Now, I'm gonna preface this that absolutely people should have the option to do with their bodies whatever they please. I'm not saying plastic surgery should be banned or frowned upon or anything like that. However, is it really an option when you're pressured into making a certain change to yourself?

Hypothetical if plastic surgery didn't exist, I feel like most people would eventually grow to accept the way they look. However, that isn't the case as the option to "enhance" your looks is hypothetically out there for everyone. And the pressure or at least displeasure with one's natural looks grows especially in today's world with the popularity of stuff like Snapchat and K-Pop.

I guess the big source of this feeling that I have is learning about the almost disgusting amount of plastic surgery that goes on in South Korea and the rising popularity of K-Pop that makes this all the more visible. Admittedly I don't live there or know anyone who does but the statistics you'll find are pretty shocking as well as the casual glance of how most K-Pop stars seem to have this uniform look. I've also heard of people wanting to get plastic surgery because they want to look more like what Snapchat makes them look like. To me, society pushing for these sorts of unreasonable beauty standards is unhealthy.

But I dunno, this isn't an essay, just related thoughts strung together and I'd like to see other people's thoughts on this too.

To me, society pushing for these sorts of unreasonable beauty standards is unhealthy.

Beauty is big business. Now I'm not some conspiracy theorist, but I think the fashion, becauty products, media and plastic surgery industry have very tight bonds, and that unreasonably high beauty standards that are hard to meet keep these sectors assured of a persistent income.
In today's world, attractiveness is very much something that can be bought, albeit for a lot of money.

It's time for the first edition of Big Thoughts with Big Ma(g)ma

I'll admit my thoughts on this are not fully fleshed out and so I'd totally love to hear other people's thoughts on this. Nonetheless, this is still something that bothers me.

And that thing is...plastic surgery(for non-reconstructive purposes) and the things that enable/normalize them(K-Pop, Snapchat filters) and I guess as a whole, societal pressures to look a certain way.

Now, I'm gonna preface this that absolutely people should have the option to do with their bodies whatever they please. I'm not saying plastic surgery should be banned or frowned upon or anything like that. However, is it really an option when you're pressured into making a certain change to yourself?

Hypothetical if plastic surgery didn't exist, I feel like most people would eventually grow to accept the way they look. However, that isn't the case as the option to "enhance" your looks is hypothetically out there for everyone. And the pressure or at least displeasure with one's natural looks grows especially in today's world with the popularity of stuff like Snapchat and K-Pop.

I guess the big source of this feeling that I have is learning about the almost disgusting amount of plastic surgery that goes on in South Korea and the rising popularity of K-Pop that makes this all the more visible. Admittedly I don't live there or know anyone who does but the statistics you'll find are pretty shocking as well as the casual glance of how most K-Pop stars seem to have this uniform look. I've also heard of people wanting to get plastic surgery because they want to look more like what Snapchat makes them look like. To me, society pushing for these sorts of unreasonable beauty standards is unhealthy.

But I dunno, this isn't an essay, just related thoughts strung together and I'd like to see other people's thoughts on this too.
I agree. 100%. Just look how you look, man!
I mean, I'm totally fine with saying that I'm on the uglier side of the spectrum when it comes to looks. And I don't care one bit! My hair's a mess, I grow a new mole every month (or it feels that often) and I couldn't care less!
Because fashion and beauty were invented by people who wanted to flog creams and lotions to people with no self-esteem!

Beauty is big business. Now I'm not some conspiracy theorist, but I think the fashion, becauty products, media and plastic surgery industry have very tight bonds, and that unreasonably high beauty standards that are hard to meet keep these sectors assured of a persistent income.
In today's world, attractiveness is very much something that can be bought, albeit for a lot of money.
Yeah you're probably right about that. Still, I mainly have an issue with plastic surgery due to how it's permanent compared to just make up.

Yeah you're probably right about that. Still, I mainly have an issue with plastic surgery due to how it's permanent compared to just make up.

Nah, I'm not really against people using make-up either. But some women seem to be so addicted to make-up that they feel ugly when their face isn't covered in a thick layer of the stuff. That's just too much. Use it wisely.

Wait, who is this anyway?

God, I hate the amount of camera angle changes in some TV shows now. Yeah, we can film things in more dynamic ways now, but it feels like the cameraman is drunk half the time now.

Like on Dragon's Den/Shark Tank in the UK where they have to go through about 300 camera angle changes in 3 minutes or so.

God, I hate the amount of camera angle changes in some TV shows now. Yeah, we can film things in more dynamic ways now, but it feels like the cameraman is drunk half the time now.

Like on Dragon's Den/Shark Tank in the UK where they have to go through about 300 camera angle changes in 3 minutes or so.

Well, I've said this a million times by now, but I honestly despise most of the gaming media now. The amount of hatred they seem to have towards their audience is pathetic, and shows a complete disconnect from their audience. What's more, they're too oblivious to realise that the 'lesson' to learn from things like the 2016 election and a certain gaming controversy wasn't about 'foreign' or 'right wing' influence, but about how being out of touch leads to resentment and your empire rightfully crashing to the floor.

Honestly, if I treated customers the way they do gamers, I'd be fired. Why is it okay for them?

Really, fire all the whiners complaining about evil or sexist or whatever gamers are, and hire a bunch of YouTube/the indie journalism scene's best creators instead. You'd get much better quality content.

Back