• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MonaWare

"E.T. phone home" Magma
Diamond City Insider
Coins
User Name Style Change

Thats not what the Bible says at all.

Anytime someone quotes the Bible when speaking politically, its best to actually look into it yourself and see if its true. Like most of the time its either inaccurate or completely dishonest, whether theyre on the left or right.

Even if you dont believe the Bible. You should do this with any major doctrine thats followed by countless people. Dont let your view of such things be formed by politicians attempting to use them for political gain.

(For those curious on what it actually says-

He will judge between the nations
and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
nor will they train for war anymore.

Its a prophecy for when the Messiah rules the world, not a commandment to destroy weapons)

MonaWare

"E.T. phone home" Magma
Diamond City Insider
Coins
User Name Style Change

Ive really grown to hate the term "boomer".

Its such a lazy way to argue against something, giving you the feeling of victory in an argument when you havent at all defended your argument.

It was cute when it was used to actually describe a generation of people and the silly things they do in todays world, but the politicization of it has ruined it completely for me that I cringe at anyone who uses it.

Its no different than the npc thing that those on the right were using to describe people who couldnt understand the dangers of mass unchecked migration, and could only see it as " racism". Instead of people actually learning the skills of depending a position they hold they simply repeat the same buzzword and post memes of crying bald guys.

Also Id like to point out that change =/= progress, so simply calling someone who points out how change can be negative a "boomer" is just dumb.

Avoid these dumb buzzwords and generalizations.

Just a Wario Fan

Call me JaWF if you want.
Coins
Username Change
CD
Game BOI Advance - Pre-Sale Edition!
An Item
This is another one of my philosophical thoughts, this time with a bit of psychology:

Intelligence is much more than IQ. Intelligence Quotient does not measure someone's skills in other important aspects of intelligence, like the ones that I personally consider to be a highly influential additional aspect of someone's intelligence: self-awareness.
Self-awareness is, simply put, the ability to be aware of one's own personality, level of skills, confidence, shortcomings, (kinda meta) intelligence, talents, personal preferences, etc.

Other important yet unmeasurable and/or non-IQ factors that I consider important are, among others:
  • Self-criticism: the ability to be critical of oneself, particulary in regard to one's plans and ideas.
  • The ability to foresee the effects of one's words or actions.
  • To be aware of the fact that one cannot know everything, nor should such efforts be pursued, for there is an absolute chance of such endeavours to fail.
  • As an extension of the above: to have the realisation that some people know more than others, and that it doesn't matter that you don't know everything, since the things you lack knowledge of are known by others, and vice versa. Everyone of us knows something, and together we know everything that can rationally be known.
  • And, last but not least, to know that intelligence is relative, as everyone differs in what aspect of their intelligence is the most developed.
TL;DR: While I think IQ is a fairly good indicator for intelligence, it doesn’t cover all aspects of it, because many of the things that make up intelligence are very hard if not impossible to measure.

Garfield Shitposter

Doubts tahutoa has "it"
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Username Change
User Name Style Change
This is another one of my philosophical thoughts, this time with a bit of psychology:

Intelligence is much more than IQ. Intelligence Quotient does not measure someone's skills in other important aspects of intelligence, like the ones that I personally consider to be a highly influential additional aspect of someone's intelligence: self-awareness.
Self-awareness is, simply put, the ability to be aware of one's own personality, level of skills, confidence, shortcomings, (kinda meta) intelligence, talents, personal preferences, etc.

Other important yet unmeasurable and/or non-IQ factors that I consider important are, among others:
  • Self-criticism: the ability to be critical of oneself, particulary in regard to one's plans and ideas.
  • The ability to foresee the effects of one's words or actions.
  • To be aware of the fact that one cannot know everything, nor should such efforts be pursued, for there is an absolute chance of such endeavours to fail.
  • As an extension of the above: to have the realisation that some people know more than others, and that it doesn't matter that you don't know everything, since the things you lack knowledge of are known by others, and vice versa. Everyone of us knows something, and together we know everything that can rationally be known.
  • And, last but not least, to know that intelligence is relative, as everyone differs in what aspect of their intelligence is the most developed.
TL;DR: While I think IQ is a fairly good indicator for intelligence, it doesn’t cover all aspects of it, because many of the things that make up intelligence are very hard if not impossible to measure.
Who's disputing this though