Rant section

was this a good idea?

• yes.

• no.

• eh, kinda like-hate.

• dont know.

• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Im not totally against capital punishment, and I think it is appropriate for certain offenses. But Ive heard that like back in the 80s or 90s that dna tests proved that alot of the people executed for crimes they were accused of commiting were actually innocent.

Thats my biggest issue with it. The chance that innocent people could be killed, while the actual perpetrator feels safe cuz someone else took their place.

There are crimes where its totally not wrong to take their life as punishment, though. But I actually would support waiting a few years in advanced to do it, both for the reason mentioned above, but also to give them time to repent for what theyve done (not to escape the punishment).

Im not totally against capital punishment, and I think it is appropriate for certain offenses. But Ive heard that like back in the 80s or 90s that dna tests proved that alot of the people executed for crimes they were accused of commiting were actually innocent.

Thats my biggest issue with it. The chance that innocent people could be killed, while the actual perpetrator feels safe cuz someone else took their place.

There are crimes where its totally not wrong to take their life as punishment, though. But I actually would support waiting a few years in advanced to do it, both for the reason mentioned above, but also to give them time to repent for what theyve done (not to escape the punishment).

I agree that capital punishment should only be given when it's 100% sure who the perpetrator is, which is often the case with terrorism or mass shootings.

What do you mean? Whos affected by this?
Well I don't have a hard stance on this or even a stance on this at all really but I took a class before on disenfranchisement in the United States. That is, how people who have committed felonies are treated like second class citizens in the US after being released. It really opened up my eyes to say the least.

Well I don't have a hard stance on this or even a stance on this at all really but I took a class before on disenfranchisement in the United States. That is, how people who have committed felonies are treated like second class citizens in the US after being released. It really opened up my eyes to say the least.
Depends on what you were in for. If all you did was own weed then you shouldn't be treated like you killed someone. :STongue3:

The last jedi was awful. Luke made no sense in the film at all. Why would a character who was willing to die to turn vader to the light suddenly feel a need to kill someone cuz they feel "some darkness" in them.

I thought the force awakens was okau, but last jedi was just bad, nothing good about it at all.

What really grinds my gears (besides the political ¨correctness¨ craze right now) is how the rulers of an increasing number of countries think that the tensions between Russia and North Korea and other contries is a justification for re-establishing or enstricting conscription. Recently Morocco re-established it, and so did Sweden, and Israel also follows this trend by making the rules for mandatory service even stricter than they already were.
As a (passive) conscientious objector (I have never been drafted) this worries me, concerning how contries often threat the rights objectors have. All of this because infantile leaders are too dumb to solve conflics in a decent manner, that is, without militarisation and seem to prefer violence and hostility above peace.

What really grinds my gears (besides the political ¨correctness¨ craze right now) is how the rulers of an increasing number of countries think that the tensions between Russia and North Korea and other contries is a justification for re-establishing or enstricting conscription. Recently Morocco re-established it, and so did Sweden, and Israel also follows this trend by making the rules for mandatory service even stricter than they already were.
As a (passive) conscientious objector (I have never been drafted) this worries me, concerning how contries often threat the rights objectors have. All of this because infantile leaders are too dumb to solve conflics in a decent manner, that is, without militarisation and seem to prefer violence and hostility above peace.

I for one, want to be drafted. I tried enlisting but was rejected.

You know what i learned to hate?
These Assholes that keep hogging an desk at Fast food Restaurants with nothing but a drink and just sit there on their asses using the free Wifi while people like me who actually have food on plates and look for a place but guess what.
There is no free desk because there are these Internet adicted no-lives everywhere...
Especcially on a desk for 4 deapite being alone and having just a drink.
Sometimes i want to walk over to one of them and punch my Big Mac into their throat!:mad::mad::mad:

You know what i learned to hate?
These Assholes that keep hogging an desk at Fast food Restaurants with nothing but a drink and just sit there on their asses using the free Wifi while people like me who actually have food on plates and look for a place but guess what.
There is no free desk because there are these Internet adicted no-lives everywhere...
Especcially on a desk for 4 deapite being alone and having just a drink.
Sometimes i want to walk over to one of them and punch my Big Mac into their throat!:mad::mad::mad:

I once had a job where I had to walk an hour and a half to get home after work was done, and Id often stop in at the bk half way to sit and rest and have a cool drink. Id sit there for 15 to 20 minutes alot of the time cuz I was so sweaty and tired and just wanted to cool off and rehydrate.

I get that you need a place to sit too, but dont be too critical of people who dont have food on their table.

I once had a job where I had to walk an hour and a half to get home after work was done, and Id often stop in at the bk half way to sit and rest and have a cool drink. Id sit there for 15 to 20 minutes alot of the time cuz I was so sweaty and tired and just wanted to cool off and rehydrate.

I get that you need a place to sit too, but dont be too critical of people who dont have food on their table.

I can get that some people need a break from time to time. I do it too. When i wander with my father we like to stop at a Wirtshaus and drink an beer and HerbSoda.

I mostly mean the Wifi Hoggers.
They just buy a cola so they wont get kicked out.
Many Restaurants charge for water because of that.
Once a Burger King had no Wifi and a guy was so pissed about it that the shouted how crappy Burger King is and threw tablets on the ground.
It happened so often that the police men patrol near there to shortly catch them.

I should have been more clearer.
Sorry if you felt insulted.

I for one, want to be drafted. I tried enlisting but was rejected.

Ow, that's a bummer. I know how frustrating it can be when you want a certain job really badly, but are unable to meet the criteria. I wanted to do a job/study combination on high-voltage electrical engineering. I have a diploma in elec. engineering already, and already have a lot more knowledge on the subject than I reasonally should, but since the installation that I made as part of my exam was deemed inadequate, I have been denied following that course. And that's despite the fact that high-voltage grid components are completely different from your average home or factory istallation.

I would flee the country if I were ever drafted >.>"
You don't need to. Just say that you have issues with serving in an army, or are supporter of a pacifist organisation. Or just pretend you have back issues or something like that.

For military draft in the US I know you either have to have a physical or mental impairment that prevents you from being able to serve. The physical side is pretty self explanatory but mental can include things like depression, schizophrenia, personality disorders, and so on. It also has to be documented by medical providers.

A rant I have though is people who treat retail workers like garbage. Most retail workers barely get paid above minimum wage, work for bad companies, and just need the check. They don’t need people screaming at them that a sign said something was 50 cents less than it actually was.

So many people are just awful when shopping, and retail workers do often have a hard job.

I know alot of people think the job must be easy cuz its basically unskilled labor, but noy only are customers rude, but so are the over burdened, unhappy managerial staff as well.

Retail can be awful, I got out ot it because of how awful it was. But there are just too many people who believe only they have it hard, and people with minimum wage jobs have it easy, so they feel justified being rude to retail workers.

The world can be a sucky place.

Back