Rant section

was this a good idea?

• yes.

• no.

• eh, kinda like-hate.

• dont know.

• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have an example. One of my guitars need fixed, as the D string buzzes when you play nead the headstock. My other guitars do not do this. And it doesnt sound great.

No matter how skilled I am, I cannot play without having bad buzzy notes on the D string. So telling me that "a better guitar wont help my sound" in this situation is completely incorrect. Either fixing it or trading it in for a better guitar will indeed help my sound.
Well of course it's going to help your sound if the damn thing's got a fault in it. It's not inferior, it's just fuckin' defective, homes

The reason for this is because that's not what they mean by "your sound". They mean it in the way that you would differentiate a Mozart piano piece from a Beethoven piano piece. Even if the pianos they used to compose were made of plywood and shoelaces, if they had their 88 keys, the songs they produced would still be just as good.
In other words, "your sound" tends to actually mean how the way you use the tools sounds, not how the tools themselves sound. Good instruments and better equipment increase the capacity for your sound, but only you can put that capacity to good use. Kind of like a 2GB usb versus a 4GB usb. If you're stuffing it full of shitty jpeg's the only real difference is how much space you can waste with them.

In this modern age, theres far more variation in the sounds you can make then there were in the days of mozart.

Witg different pickups for electric guitars, and different effects you can use with them, and with proper recording equipment, theres a huge difference as compared to which piano someone uses.

I think that most people jump to the "Id be able to play if I had the right gear" when they hear someone talk about having something new in their collection to add a different sound to their music, and in an effort to look educated and intellectual, quickly go on about the "having these things wont improve your skills" mumbo jumbo, simply when the person doesnt think what they have fits what their going for.

In this modern age, theres far more variation in the sounds you can make then there were in the days of mozart.

Witg different pickups for electric guitars, and different effects you can use with them, and with proper recording equipment, theres a huge difference as compared to which piano someone uses.
You completely missed my point, but okay.

A song by Queen still sounds like a song by Queen, and it's going to be fab no matter what it's played on

You completely missed my point, but okay.

A song by Queen still sounds like a song by Queen, and it's going to be fab no matter what it's played on

And yet they played their music on quality instruments that they thought fit what they wanted, and produced high quality recordings over some cheap tape recorder.

Maybe you missed my point? You seem to be arguing products =/= skill and no one is arguing differently to that.

And yet they played their music on quality instruments that they thought fit what they wanted, and produced high quality recordings over some cheap tape recorder.

Maybe you missed my point? You seem to be arguing products =/= skill and no one is arguing differently to that.

This actually just goes back to the point I made earlier. Someone wanting a new effect or instrument or whatever that can provide then with a sound they desire, and that one person reaponds with "a skilled player cam play anything"

Obviously. But thats not the point.

No, I get what you're saying just fine. What I'm arguing also delves into the whole "vibes" territory. Like, there was that one jazz guitarist, uhh

Stevie Ray Vaughn. SOUL, my hombre, that's what I'm talkin' bout, not even necessarily skill, though obviously that still plays into it. THA FUCKIN LIFE FORCE is what it's all about. Prokofiev's Fifth is like the epitome of skill but it's vapid as hell, I fuckin' hate it

This actually just goes back to the point I made earlier. Someone wanting a new effect or instrument or whatever that can provide then with a sound they desire, and that one person reaponds with "a skilled player cam play anything"

Obviously. But thats not the point.
Yeah, that's true. For example, I made that one remix of Tiny Tiger in Pro Tools yesterday because I finally had access to this thing called a "Talkbox" that allowed me to recreate the Lead.

Attachments

• Loud_Tigra.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 304
I hate it when I hear people say things like "good instruments or better equipment wont help your sound".

Yes they do. Its ridiculous to say otherwise.

This is true indeed, but not completely. The level of skill, intonation, style of playing and technique are all factors that, combined, largely determine the ultimate ¨sound picture.¨ You can play on the most expensive of intruments, but that doesn't matter when your level of playing does not meet the requirements for a specific piece to sound good, or to sound in the way it was meant to be heard by the audience.

However, the instrument itself sure is a factor that needs to be taken into account. Why else would it be that musical instruments, especially the more complex ones like pianos and organs are often meticulously maintained? It's because the people that play them know that a well-kept instrument that is precisely voiced, that has smoothly operating parts and is free of dust and other impurites does sound considerably better.

I'm not that much of a music expert, but even I know this.

As a last note, the acoustics of the room in which the music is performed, and, in recorded music, the quality of both the recording and playing equipment should not be overlooked as well.

Speaking of Tiny Tiger, I wonder why the N. Sane Trilogy's music is all over the place in terms of comparing it to the original games' music.
Like, the Trilogy's version of Tiny Tiger is completely inferior to the Pre-Console version Josh Mancell made, and even the original except for one part around 0:40 seconds in, where the original's "Synth Brass" preset would play. It has some cool modulation and stuff on this "bee buzzing" sounding synth, and I like that, but for the most part it just ain't as good (that being said, I do rather like their version of Bear It though, despite how different it is, so in that regard it's kind of like the opposite of Tiny). MEANWHILE, Nitrus Brio and Dingodile sound dope as fuck??? Oh, yeah, and the Cortex theme is a pretty cool listen, too-- I think the main guitar's amp is a bit too wide, but it's pretty solid.

It's no secret that the very original plan was to only recreate the first game (especially seeing as how it's a lot more polished than the other two games), and as such of course the soundtrack for that one is going to be more solid, because you know, time allows for polishing, but even still.

Edit: I listened to N Sane's Bone Yard, and all it did was further my suspicion that 1 and 3 have a higher concentration of bangers than 2, which is a shame.

Last edited:
(Another somewhat political rant)

I often see pro climate change posts and cartoons online that tend to portray people who are leaning skeptical of climate change caused by the actions of human beings as irrational people who are opposed to things as recycling and keeping our rivers clean. And I feel like thats a total smear, as Ive never actually met anyone like this before ever.

Like, Ive never met someone who was skeptical of global warming who actually refused to believe the temperature of the earth rose substantially for a period of time. Their scepticism doesnt lay in these changes, but in the alarmism of those who push for drastic action, justified in end of the world scenarios that will happen in just a few short years.

The arguments I hear usually revolve around things like taxes against certain industries and compelled use of certain products. These people dont like the idea of higher prices and the loss of jobs through increased taxes. Especially when it comes to alarmist claims of end of the world scenarios that never come true.

From what Ive seen, these people arent against recycling and clean water. Or that the earth is hotter than it once was. Their questions usually focus on-
How much has society actually impacted changes in the enviorment
Is government legislation the ONLY solution to these problems
Will these legislations actually have a real impact on any issues that we are causing, and how will they impact tge lives of others?

Both sides play the whole "paint the other side as a bunch of unreasonable nut jobs", sure. But its something that bothers me when it comes to this issue. I have for real seen a hard right republican family that recycled their trash diligently, and a family that preached the horrors of man made climate change that never even attempted to separate their trash.

I wont lie, I hated the white ranger : p I know it was the same guy but changing him from green to white felt so lame. He looked cooler as the green ranger anyway : p
I was thinking about this post, and then I remembered something.
Why did Saban bother with getting rid of the Green Ranger and swapping over to the White Ranger, if they were going to commission brand new footage (which saw the Kaibaranger interacting with the Zyuuranger) anyway?

I mean, yeah, there was the whole hype around having a new Ranger, and they probably would need to do this, actually, because otherwise they'd be completely barred from using any battles that utilized the Tigerzord's robot form and/or the MegaTigerzord, and given how cheap Power Rangers was at the time there was no way in hell they were going to get away with it. Maybe this problem is the exact reason why the White Ranger was introduced, they're like "oh fuck we're out of Jewranger footage" and so they introduce the Thunder Megazord so they can keep this boat afloat, but then their eyes bulge outta their sockets when the Tigerzord shows up like "aw shit how are we gonna make this shit work"
and then they realized "hey Tommy's out of power, he can't do shit right now anyway, let's give him this white costume" "Yeah, and we can make it so that these powers can't be corrupted because white, you know, like blinding, purity, light, heavenly, all that jazz" "yeah, great idea" and then they high five and the camera freezes and 80s synth music plays

so yeah, it makes total sense and was the best decision from literally every aspect, but that doesn't mean the white ranger is anywhere near as good.

Last edited:
I can't stand censor bleeps in anything that isn't mainstream television. UMMM exCUSE me are you broadcasting live, and temporarily cutting the audio (which results in a sine wave drone similar to dead air because it is dead air)?? HMMMM??? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.
There's no excuse for using such an uninspired noise as your censor sound. Use that one sound clip of a man yelling, or relevant sounds, or reverse the audio. Hell, censor the word with another word spoken by that same voice, make the fact that it was censored undetectable. JUST. SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE GODDAMN MYTHBUSTERS BLEEP, i beg of you

That reminds me, I once saw this Sonic Unleashed review where a guy censored "fuck" with the "damn" from Shadow the Hedgehog. Funny censorship is always a heroic thing to do

I can't stand censor bleeps in anything that isn't mainstream television. UMMM exCUSE me are you broadcasting live, and temporarily cutting the audio (which results in a sine wave drone similar to dead air because it is dead air)?? HMMMM??? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.
There's no excuse for using such an uninspired noise as your censor sound. Use that one sound clip of a man yelling, or relevant sounds, or reverse the audio. Hell, censor the word with another word spoken by that same voice, make the fact that it was censored undetectable. JUST. SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE GODDAMN MYTHBUSTERS BLEEP, i beg of you

That reminds me, I once saw this Sonic Unleashed review where a guy censored "fuck" with the "damn" from Shadow the Hedgehog. Funny censorship is always a heroic thing to do

Didn't the Mythbusters use an old-fashioned car honk as a censor bleep? I remember that in one episode (I believe it was the one where they descended a prison building with self-made ropes), they tried different sounds for censoring for comedy.

Didn't the Mythbusters use an old-fashioned car honk as a censor bleep? I remember that in one episode (I believe it was the one where they descended a prison building with self-made ropes), they tried different sounds for censoring for comedy.
they used it in a lot of the early episodes, I think, and those were the ones I remember watching when I was younger, so that's the association I made, I guess

A more Wario related rant I will make a topic on...
one day.
Anyway, I despise those people who claim Ware killed Land. I mean... WHAT???
LAND WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE NICHE, LET'S FACE IT. WARE PROBABLY IS THE ONLY REASON SHAKE DIMENSION WAS EVEN MADE - BECAUSE OF THE INCREASED WARIO INTEREST!
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT KILLED THE LAND SERIES - A LACK OF INNOVATION! THE LEVEL DESIGN WAS TOO CONFUSING AND TOO MANY BASIC ASPECTS OF THE GAMES WERE UNEXPLAINED!

Mario Fan Games Galaxy rant (this is a joke and it's criticism):
Man this community is toxic, they can't handle criticism, see people who criticize them as trolls, and promote actual trolls to moderators. They're so whiny that they bash people who call them out on criticism and whine about it. Many members even try to deny criticism. They don't love MFGG, they worship it! Whenever they find somebody who hates them or MFGG they put them through hell. They can't respect opinions either. The staff is apathetic and lets the community do whatever it wants. Personal bias is in trolls and they often get away with everything due to them playing victim or hypocrisy cards.

Now that this is out of the way, we can actually give it some merit, not all members are trolls and whiny worshippers. There are some members who can handle criticism and don't worship MFGG in every way. They just wanna have fun and upload their own fangames. Unfortunately, the bad outweighs the good here.

Mario Fan Games Galaxy rant (this is a joke and it's criticism):
Man this community is toxic, they can't handle criticism, see people who criticize them as trolls, and promote actual trolls to moderators. They're so whiny that they bash people who call them out on criticism and whine about it. Many members even try to deny criticism. They don't love MFGG, they worship it! Whenever they find somebody who hates them or MFGG they put them through hell. They can't respect opinions either. The staff is apathetic and lets the community do whatever it wants. Personal bias is in trolls and they often get away with everything due to them playing victim or hypocrisy cards.

Now that this is out of the way, we can actually give it some merit, not all members are trolls and whiny worshippers. There are some members who can handle criticism and don't worship MFGG in every way. They just wanna have fun and upload their own fangames. Unfortunately, the bad outweighs the good here.

No joke, I was JUST signing up to MFGG as this appeared in my alerts.
Should I still go ahead?

Back