Rhythm Heaven!

I posted it on antoher member's status but I figured this would be of interest anyway: The Best+ has been recently rated in Korea

Obviously it doesn't necessarily anything for a western release, but it's still reassuring to me because I thought one of the factors was that it is way too late in the 3ds' lifespan. If they're gonna bother for Korea (which I doubt is a super-huge market for Nintendo), there may still be hope yet.

I'd be lying if I said that the RythmWare stuff isn't a huge reason of why I'm hoping for The Best + to be localized after all, but even without that I'm eager to give the series a shot, since it really seems to have the same spirit as Ware.

Now why am I telling you this? Well just now while going home from school I had a sudden urge to look for games and look at what I happened to come across:
IMG_20160223_170429.jpg

So this will be my introduction to the series, I'm looking forward to it.

On one hand, I want this game for the RhythmWare parts. But on the other hand, it's all mostly old levels and only a few new ones, which is hugely underwhelming. I can't decide whether to skip it or get it when it's out just for that.

While we're at it, I still never understood why the heck everyone always insists that the Chorus Kids are the "stars" of the series. Rhythm Heaven has never really had one to begin with. It sounds like people just glanced at the DS boxart and assumed it, and that was it. Besides, their level sucks too.

I'm fine with the large amount of older games, I find them all really replayable so I will never get bored. Most of my favorites from the previous games have returned so I'm happy. And Moai Doo Wop 2 is gone which was broken as hell.

The RhythmWare challenges are the last challenges unlocked, so you have to be really good and play every single other challenge (which are really difficult) if you want to play it. Prepare yourself.

I also don't know the answer to the Chorus Kids' popularity. Maybe because they were the most memorable thing shown in the E3 trailer. Or because Glee Club was one of the games playable at the Nintendo Channel demo. Could also be because of the Gematsu leak saying they would appear playable in Smash 4. Either way, I don't like it. Would much rather have them stick to giving each game it's own mascot. Or go with Karate Joe as TB+ is really pushing that with all his previous non-sequel games returning plus two completely new ones.

The RhythmWare challenges are the last challenges unlocked, so you have to be really good and play every single other challenge (which are really difficult) if you want to play it. Prepare yourself.
Dealbreaker. I also told myself that if you had to do something difficult to unlock RhythmWare, then I'm not interested.

I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE HAPPY TO BE HIDEOUSLY WRONG!

(anecdote: I was in a chatroom and said I wouldn't bother with the direct. It was announced right after I said that.)

Is this the one with the WarioWare characters and stuff?

Yes.

I also don't know the answer to the Chorus Kids' popularity. Maybe because they were the most memorable thing shown in the E3 trailer.
...What?

It's just the first three levels of the game, all getting equal billing. I don't see the Chorus Kids running around kicking ass with a hardcore remix of their theme.

Back