ROM Hack: Wario Land 3: The Master Quest!

Well, it's been a while since I took down my Wario Land 3 Master Quest 100% Playthrough videos from YouTube due to "reasons", but I recently decided to re-upload them at a place where they can be preserved for all eternity, where there is no threat of take downs, channel strikes that kill your channel, or content ID, and what better place to upload them to than the Internet Archive! It will be a 4 part series of around 5 episodes per part per two days (since it taking longer watching them upload on your screen than watching grass grow in your backyard!)! So YEEEEEEEAH!

By the way, this video series is based on Release 003, I plan to record ANOTHER playthrough (May the Faerie of Frozen Flame have mercy on us all) on (Maybe) Release 005, so you may look forward to that as well! Those will be on the Internet Archive too! YouTube is OVER!

Current upload status:
Part 1 (Episodes 0 to 4):
OK!

Part 2 (Episodes 6 to 10): OK!
Wario Land 3: The Master Quest (Release 003) 100% Playthrough by Tiger21820! (Part 2) : Tiger21820 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Part 3 (Episodes 11 to 14): POSTPONED
Part 4 (Episodes 15 to 16.5):
PENDING UPLOAD...

Link to the Nintendo 3DS Central version: Wario Land 3: The Master Quest 100% Playthrough Video Re-Upload! - Nintendo 3DS Central
Link to the Gaming Latest version: Wario Land 3: The Master Quest!

So, you plan on archiving the entire project using The Internet Archive? That's quite a bold thing to do, but I don't know if it will work. After all, if I am not mistaken, rights apply to all works, regardless of their location on the Internet.

I was the one who recorded it! I am not uploading any ROMs of the game, just the recording of my playthrough! However, due to technical difficulties, and the fact that Part 3 has 5 GB worth of videos, I have decided to postpone parts 3 and 4 to an unknown date!

Guess what! Release #006 Release #007 is FINALLY OUT!
This is the first public release since 2019!!

The updated release is in the first post!
Enjoy!

Last edited:
The YouTube videos are back! (Though they're a bit outdated!)

That's right, I decided that it's time for them to return to the clear web to be seen by all!

However, they're a bit outdated, so I may just re-record another playthrough! (Most likely! Important stuff, I say!)

Sadly, dumb ol' YouTube has a daily upload limit, so you will just have to wait for more later!

UPDATE!!! Season 2 of Wario Land 3 The Master Quest is underway! Yep, I'M DOING IT AGAIN!! Part 1 is already up!

And the playlist:

Last edited:
I HAVE FINISHED RECORDING WARIO LAND 3, THE MASTER QUEST!!!

I recorded 7 hours of gameplay NON-STOP! So you know I was having a great day!!! BUT IT'S DONE!!!
A total of 11 hours of gameplay was recorded from 2 (Not counting Part 1) sessions! There will be 16 total episodes, with NONE of them being unlisted! There will be a single episode uploaded each day, along with the remaining 'Old' Master Quest videos!

The list of episodes are as follows (Bold means uploaded and viewable on YouTube):
Part 1 was recorded on July 10, 2021!
Parts 2-7 were recorded non-stop on July 12, 2021!
Parts 8-16 were recorded non-stop on July 14, 2021!

Part 1: HERE WE GO AGAIN!
Part 2: THE POOL OF STORMY DEATH!
Part 3: THE UNDERWATER MAZE!
Part 4: SWAMPS, RIVERS & CANYONS, OH MY!
Part 5: THE TRUE MISERY MIRE!
Part 6: TRIAL & ERROR, TRIAL & REGRET, NOTHING BUT REGRETS
Part 7: WHAT'S UNDERNEATH THE BRIDGE?
Part 8: WARNING! THIS EPISODE IS CURSED!
Part 9: LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!
Part 10: THIS GAME IS TORTURE TO MY SOUL, MY POOR SOUL...
Part 11: CURRENT EVENTS!
Part 12: I'VE BEEN DOING THIS LONGER THAN AN HOUR YOU KNOW
Part 13: CLOUDY WITH A 100% CHANCE OF FLAMES!
Part 14: WHERE THE ANGELS ARE...
Part 15: DOLLBOY'S REVENGE!!!
Part 16: A TRUE MASTER! THE MUSIC BOX IS FREE!

(You don't want to know how long part 13 is!)

Update: All of the original Master Quest videos are uploaded and viewable on YouTube!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure "things" have happened when I made it up there! You'll see it in part 14 of the new series! And thanks, that is a pretty cool part of the level! Very satisfying to pull it off! Well I'm uploading part 8, so check it out when you have time!

I'll edit this post when I get it up as well!

Edit: Done!

Last edited:
The whole series is fully uploaded! Check out my YouTube Channel!

Also, an edit (Don't feel confident with triple posting at the moment):

5 reasons why a "Special Tiger Edition" wouldn't work:

1. It would be too hard; Wario has TOO many frames that are larger than 16x16 pixels (Which are how large Tiger is)! It would take far too long to copy and paste each and every sprite from other hacks that use Tiger as the playable character (Plus I'd have to draw some new ones too, though it can speed up the process by using existing ones!)!

2. It would be tough trying to get the many of the reactions to work with Tiger as he is a Faerie who specializes in Fire & Ice powers in which he cannot be burned or frozen, and can fly, so many of the reactions wouldn't flow well except those where he uses fire and ice powers or flies

3. Tiger filling the role of a greedy treasure hunting bureaucrat would be out of character for him! Tiger has a pure heart which can know no hatred, malice, or evil, something Wario clearly does not possess!

4. The story wouldn't work: There is a psudo-Tiger (Hey, hackers need cameos in their games!) at the end who is trapped in Rudy's diabolical (and sealed) body, and Wario has to save him! I would have to re-write the script to work! And who's going to be in Rudy's body? WARIO!? Which brings me to my final (And most important) reason:

5. There are just SOME THINGS you JUST CANNOT DO, and removing Wario from a Wario Land game is one of them! I have ABSOLUTELY no problem removing Mario from a Mario game, or Link from a Zelda game, but Wario from a WARIO GAME!? No way! Wario and @CM30 would not be having ANY OF THAT!!!

Last edited:
It's FINALLY here! This is what may possibly be, THE FINAL major release of Wario Land 3 The Master Quest! Master Questies and Runners, I present to you, Release #010! I plan to make no more major changes to the hack EXCEPT to fix level glitches, or to update the Hall of Fame at the end of the credits!

I know I said that Wario Land 3 Master Quest was finished and would no longer be developed on a regular basis except to update the Hall of Fame or fix bugs, and I made a mistake in the level design in E4 The Colossal Hole, so I needed to release a fix, so... Release #011 is out! Yaaaaaaay... Now can I be done? Will all of you try and complete it now? WILL SOMEBODY BEAT MY RECORD OF 169 RESTARTS!?

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I lied when I said Release #010 was the final release! The REALLY final release is now! So as a New Year's treat, behold! Release #012! Someone special will make a cameo appearance (Which ended up shifting a few treasures around, but that shouldn't be a problem for runners!)!

Now I HOPE I can retire the hack now! Can you please play it now? Don't let my retirement be in vein! Actually, I don't care! Do what you want! I'm finally done!

Release #014 is out! Congratulations to SoapAgent for his 163 death 100% run, beating my once unbeatable 169 death count! The hack is finally retired!

All right, so many people weren't very happy when I made the S6 Moon Wrong Warp meaningless, you know, major sequence break, got rid of the key so everyone has to get to the moon MY intended way... Very unpopular change amongst the Speedrunning community! SO GUESS WHAT!!! I'M SUCKIN' UP TO ALL YOU SEQUENCE BREAKERS OUT THERE AND BRINGIN' BACK YOUR PRECIOUS WRONG WARP, HAPPY NOW!? RELEASE #015, ENJOY!!!! (Sry, plz dont h8 me, you guys are awesome)

Last edited:
All future updates will be Nintendo 3DS Central or Gaming Latest forum EXCLUSIVES! They will not be uploaded anywhere on discord, they will not be uploaded to Romhacking.net, they will not be uploaded to Wario Forums!

All new updates can be found here: Wario Land 3 Master Quest!

You MUST be registered and logged in to view!

Nope! Changed my mind!

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving! Release #019 is upon us, and what a feast of a release it is!
Also, I've changed my mind about all Nintendo 3DS Central release exclusives!

Last edited:
Back