Shantae Thread

I actually don't have a 3DS

which I didn't think was weird until now since everyone else apparently has one

Well...there is another way. The original cartridge for GBC is monumentally expensive due to it's rarity (production was halted after the game was deemed too amazing to exist), but who said it needs to be original? If you just want to play the game, why not buy a repro cart from Etsy or elsewhere? You can get one for around 20 bucks. That way you don't need a 3DS and you can play the game on a GBC without breaking the bank. Assuming you have GBC/GBA.
pirate_shantae_w__sword_render_by_firemaster92-d93sd3x.png

Last edited:
I've been wanting to play the first shantae game but it's kind of expensive :c
I actually don't have a 3DS
Same problem here...
Well...there is another way. The original cartridge for GBC is monumentally expensive due to it's rarity (production was halted after the game was deemed too amazing to exist), but who said it needs to be original? If you just want to play the game, why not buy a repro cart from Etsy or elsewhere? You can get one for around 20 bucks. That way you don't need a 3DS and you can play the game on a GBC without breaking the bank. Assuming you have GBC/GBA.
Yeah, but those are unofficial, right? I mean, I wouldn't mind buying games not licensed by Nintendo, but I would prefer to get a copy the developers got money for, if you know what I mean.

Same problem here...

Yeah, but those are unofficial, right? I mean, I wouldn't mind buying games not licensed by Nintendo, but I would prefer to get a copy the developers got money for, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, they're unofficial. Preferably you should get the original or the VC rerelease, but if there is no easy access to those, using a repro as a means to an end is fine, if just to experience the game when you otherwise wouldn't. Besides you'll probably end up buying the game and/or a 3DS after playing it for a while anyway.

ab41a13fa7b29e2fc602b7a0dd7311d5-d70vksm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 607
I would buy a 3DS but I'm kind of stingy with my money since I don't have much of it

I'd say it's a worthy investment. Lots of strong titles including Animal Crossing, Pokemon, all 3 Shantae games...etc.

you can grab a 2DS for 100 bucks. Same thing except no 3D. You'll get your money's worth I promise.

shantae_by_hirofuta-d6mmyl7.jpg

Hahaha yeah it's appropriate.

Sheesh I forgot what a dick the Mayor was in Risky's Revenge. Considering not long after this he gives the deed to the town to the Ammo Baron, I'd say he has no room to talk about screwing up.

Yeah, and he is kind a miser as well: ¨but can I get you for half-price?¨ But atleast he's not a total jerkface like Ammo Baron, who is addicted to war, or so it seems.

Yeah, and he is kind a miser as well: ¨but can I get you for half-price?¨ But atleast he's not a total jerkface like Ammo Baron, who is addicted to war, or so it seems.

Yeah, he's a particularly nasty dude. Not really evil, just a huge asshole. Like an overgrown manchild with his own personal army.

Shantae remarks that his design for her Ammo Town uniform was "small". Considering Shants' preference for revealing clothing, this "fan art" of his must have been pretty risqué if it was 'small' even by her standards...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom