Shantae Thread

If you weren't a backer, it's as if seeing the trainwreck were more enjoyable than the actual game.

As a non-backer, I can confirm this.

1459469943716.png

(Of Mighty No 9 that is. I backed the hell out of Shants)

Thought I would go ahead and post this here, because I'm pretty stoked about it...Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, the most recent (and often hailed as the best) game in the series, is getting a physical release on 3DS this September, courtesy of Rising Star games! As you may know, until now it was digital only (except in Japan).

What's even cooler is that this new release will feature all new content, including “Super Shantae Nab!!” an updated and extended version of Shantae's WarioWare microgame.

ShantaeNAB.png

This will mark the third time I buy this game. And I couldn't be happier to.
PC English.jpg

Last edited:
Is it getting an American release? If not, I can stick with the digital copy, but I still need to get the 2DS repaired (screen broke somehow) before I can transfer data, and I wouldn't mind something to hold me over...

Thought I would go ahead and post this here, because I'm pretty stoked about it...Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, the most recent (and often hailed as the best) game in the series, is getting a physical release on 3DS this September, courtesy of Rising Star games! As you may know, until now it was digital only (except in Japan).

snip
Great!
I'd rather get that one, then, as even though I have been able to enjoy digital download games before, cartridge or disk based seems to do better for me.
Would you know why it's PEGI 12?

Is it getting an American release? If not, I can stick with the digital copy, but I still need to get the 2DS repaired (screen broke somehow) before I can transfer data, and I wouldn't mind something to hold me over...

It sure is! Sept. 27, the same day that Half-Genie Hero gets released, as well.

Great!
I'd rather get that one, then, as even though I have been able to enjoy digital download games before, cartridge or disk based seems to do better for me.
Would you know why it's PEGI 12?

According to their website:

The content of this game is suitable for persons aged 12 years and over only.

- Non realistic looking violence towards human characters
- Violence in a sporting context
- Sexual images and/or sexual innuendo

Honestly it's just because all of the main characters are all scantily clad, "well-developed" women. The games are pretty innocent, really. There's nothing in here you wouldn't find in, say, a Wario Land game.

You will buy the game for the third time?! Wow, you are really a hardcore Shantae fan!

You know it!
shantae4.gif

Ah, thanks, I'm good, then. I'm perfectly fine with the Shantae characters, I think. I didn't know how violent the games would be, though, but if it's similar to Wario Land or top-down Zelda, I have no problems.

Nope, you needn't worry about violence in the slightest. It's all silly cartoon fun.

And the characters are awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: 607
Back