Shantae Thread

1471641583222.png

Who even owns the rights to Karnov anymore? Data East is long gone...

Nobody since as you said Data East is gone and so is our wonderful overlord Karnov. As he's basically Data East's mascot he too died once the company fell over but he will not be forgotten.

Nobody since as you said Data East is gone and so is our wonderful overlord Karnov. As he's basically Data East's mascot he too died once the company fell over but he will not be forgotten.

RIP Karnov. No wonder he's chillin in the Village of Lost Souls...

Does this mean WayForward can legally use him in Shantae if they wanted to? (I doubt they would, but I'm a bit curious)

1465024810914.png

@Juan Schwartz
I don't think they can really use Karnov since technically Data East still owns him even if they're pretty much dead. I'd figure it's the same thing as using Bubsy or something where legally it can't be used. Still it would be cool since Karnov kicks ass, and his NES game is a very fun platformer/arcade game.

Apparently Paon, makers of the dk swinging games, own the rights to Karnov.

Paon has the right to Karnov the game, but for what it's worth SNK owns the rights to the Fighter's History series (where Karnov is a playable character) and he is featured in a crossover Fatal Fury/Fighters History game Paon had no involvement in

Back