Shantae Thread

zero_suit_shantae__fixed__by_robokitty-d70kpoj.gif

I don't really have a favorite design. I mean, the series doesn't really have an overarching artstyle but I kind of preferred the older, sharper edged styles used leading up to Risky's Revenge. It looked more distinct even though it looks a bit like Slayers. I do wish Risky's Revenge used a more detailed artstyle like in that 2009 drawing. I just find the Pirate's Curse artstyle to be too generic looking.

My favorite Shantae design is that of Risky's Revenge. I like the style of Pirate's Curse as well, but I'm not too keen about the design they have chosen for 1/2 Genie Hero.
She still looks good, but they made it a little but out of proportion. Especially the golden decorations she wears around her arms.

My favorite Shantae design is that of Risky's Revenge. I like the style of Pirate's Curse as well, but I'm not too keen about the design they have chosen for 1/2 Genie Hero.
She still looks good, but they made it a little but out of proportion. Especially the golden decorations she wears around her arms.

For this outing, I enjoy it. Would I want it to be the artstyle for the series in every subsequent title? No way.

shantae_vs_pirate_master_2_by_ferrokiva-d8qhx22.png

If it's anything as the Metroid accomplishment screens then I'm in.

Pretty similiar.

Shantae shares a lot of gameplay similarities to Metroid, actually. Samus and Shanty are like cousins.

shantaepj.gif

(Shants would be absolutely thrilled to be compared to Samus)

Last edited:

Found this short documentary, or whatever its called about Shantae. While I have my doubt about some of what he says, it certaily changed my view on her.

N.B. Did some of you know this: When you select Shantae in the 3DS Virtual Console, push and hold start. The game will be playable in GBC resolution,
complete with a purple Gameboy Color around it.

Back