Shantae Thread

Although not as gross, plenty of people seem to have a thing for inflation so your argument there is pretty much moot.

Yeah, but having a fetish and proudly stating your weird ass obsession with shitting characters on social media are two different things.

Back to normal stuff.
A new Rottytops figurine has been announced:

Very nice, I must say. I'm not so much of a Rotty fan, but this would be a must-have for every devouted Shantaerian.

Unrelated, but given the history of this thread still worth mentioning is Princess Remedy being in a new game; Slap City.

1536521911915.png

I think I'm in love with Shantae...

Shantae games weren't really supposed to be games for young children to begin with. The first game has some lines that probably wouldn't have been in there if the game was to be created by, say, Nintendo. But on the other hand, it's not like the female characters are constantly heavily sexualised for no reason at all, as is the case with some games rated E10+ and up. And yes, Tan Line Island, or Boner Island as some seem to call it, is a rather obvious take on fancervice. But I don't really mind. It doesn't bring damage to the interesting story the game has, and accounts for a great deal of humour. And though I don't have some lewd sexual desire for Shantae as plenty of people appear to have, I still think she's got a nice body and don't think it's wrong to show that off ocasionally. (Her regular outfit already reveals nearly all of her upper body, and it has been like that from the very beginning.) :shantdance3:

Have you wanted a physical copy of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on Switch? Limited Run Games is having pre-orders as we speak, but you have until December 21st to hop on it. Once that pre-order session is over, who knows if you'll be able to get it for a reasonable price?

Link to the shop here, if you're interested.

Well, the pre-order session is over. If you ordered a copy, it'll take a bit, but it'll get there.

If you didn't, well, it's hard to say if you can get it for a reasonable price, but don't fret. The physical 3DS version is still obtainable for a reasonable price, since that's the most readily available of the physical copies.

Last edited:
The closest to Shantae talking in full sentences (I'm not sure if that already happened):

Check out the Super Mario World background though.

Shantae 5 has been announced and it’s coming this year!!:shantdance2:

There’s not much else to show, but there is a brief glimpse of gameplay and it looks to be going for full 2D as opposed to the 2D sprites/Stylized 3D backgrounds from HGH.

Anyways, this is pretty exciting and i’m interested in seeing where our Half Genie goes next.

Damn you, TB100! I wanted to post this! :)

You couldn't possibly imagine how glad I was when I came to know about Shantae 5 being announced.
Should I get hyped now? Too bad, I already am!

There’s not much else to show, but there is a brief glimpse of gameplay and it looks to be going for full 2D as opposed to the 2D sprites/Stylized 3D backgrounds from HGH.

Anyways, this is pretty exciting and i’m interested in seeing where our Half Genie goes next.

Very nice. Looks like it could've been inspired by that autumn-themed dungeon of the unreleased Shantae Advance game.
(Still harbour some hope that they will make this game playable someday, or at least incorporate more of it in future games. It looked so good and the story was clever too.)

But for now: :shantcheer::shantcheer::shantcheer:

Dag nabbit! I'm not following shit for 4 days. Four bloody days! And guess what happened?

Yep, that's right. WayForward officially announced the title of the 5th Shantae game: Shantae and the Seven Sirens.

They also released tons of new artwork and screenshots. And boy does it look gorgeous! I mean, look at this:
latest

latest

latest

The storyline revolves about Shantae and friends travelling to a tropical island (as if there aren't already enough of these in the series, but whatever) where they meet other Half-Genies and learn about a dark secret. (Will probably involve Risky Boots in some way or another.)

There will be all-new transformations, new towns, lot of new characters, returns of old characters, and last but not least, the beloved labyrinths will return!

So, although Shantae is more dead than ever on this Forum, I'm still playing, loving and following this series as much as ever before, and so I did some thread archeology specifically for this occasion, and say

Happy 20th anniversary to Shantae!! :shantcheer:

Yep, that's right, just the other day -June 2 to be exact- it was 20 years ago that the first Shantae game saw the light of day on the Game Boy Color.
And it's really impressing to see how much she's come since, and how she's more popular than ever now.
Let's hope for at least 20 more years!

Last edited:
Back