This is an interesting story. Is nice seeing so many people jump on board with this character

yeah, that's what i was thinking. it's kind of weird how this human being's bizarro perspective caused her to do the opposite of other comic people, where the other person's written to be a total dick so the protag looks even better by comparison; rather ironically, all of these imagined people she's a dick towards in these comics have been written to where they seem like they would lowkey be awesome people to have in one's life

Speaking of wholesome stories, here's one that has stuck with me.
Last year, whilst on vacation, my brother and I were walking back towards the car and were casually watching a game of volleyball unfold. Both of us were rooting for the side where both players were wearing grey tops, and on a whim I shouted over that we were rooting for the grey team. Once they'd paused I repeated myself saying 'you guys! in the grey!' and the dude looked down at his tank top, realizing both he and his teammate were wearing grey. "we're voting for you" and the guy basically jumped in the air as he said "Y E S ! THANK YOU BRO!", which naturally struck me as a bit much, but anyways, a few meters passed and I believe I turned to my brother and basically said "I think I just made that guy's day"

This is an interesting story. Is nice seeing so many people jump on board with this character

Hey look, the first true meme of 2020 is a fact, and it's a pretty good one at that.
There haven't been many likable memes the past two years, but I'm still someone who can appreciate a good meme. Hopefully we will see more memes like this, that are actually meme-status worthy.

I think most people assume that Im like hard core right wing, which isnt really true. Ive actually supported democratic candidates multiple times in the past. In fact heres a pic of me in 2013

If you look closely, you can see an Obama pin on my guitar strap.

Im not really loyal to politicians or parties, am loyal to my own values. I still agree with some democratic positions. But these days, with the way politics havw changed, I lean a bit more towards conservative politicans in my country.

I dont think theres anything wrong with this btw. I think its much better for people to be loyal to their own principles, and not to any party.

I think most people assume that Im like hard core right wing, which isnt really true. Ive actually supported democratic candidates multiple times in the past. In fact heres a pic of me in 2013

View attachment 11825

If you look closely, you can see an Obama pin on my guitar strap.

Im not really loyal to politicians or parties, am loyal to my own values. I still agree with some democratic positions. But these days, with the way politics havw changed, I lean a bit more towards conservative politicans in my country.

I dont think theres anything wrong with this btw. I think its much better for people to be loyal to their own principles, and not to any party.

When it comes to things like this, it's about the same for me. I support parties not because they are a certain party, but because they are close to my own values, which happen to be mostly, but not exclusively, right-wing liberal/conservative. (Though it should be mentioned that the Right and Conservative in the US are different from those in Europe. For example, the ''Religious Right'' is hardly a thing here.)

When it comes to things like this, it's about the same for me. I support parties not because they are a certain party, but because they are close to my own values, which happen to be mostly, but not exclusively, right-wing liberal/conservative. (Though it should be mentioned that the Right and Conservative in the US are different from those in Europe. For example, the ''Religious Right'' is hardly a thing here.)

Yeah, its the same here actually. We have like the "religious right", who vote based on their religious values, " constitutional right" who vote to protect our constitutional rights (freedom of speech, right to bear arms, ect) and "economic right", whose sole concern is lower taxes. Most people on the right here are a mixture of 2 or 3 of these things. I dont care about lower taxes so much, but my values and constitutional rights are super important to me.

Economically, I lean /somewhat/ left. While Im not real big on progressive tax, as in the wealthy paying a much higher share, I DO support taxes being used to help those in need, so I am a strong supporter of social programs.

In another 10 years, its likely that the current parties values will have changed again, and I may even be throwing my support for someone else.

Honestly, it's worth keeping in mind that political parties don't really reflect many people's personal politics. Honestly, I suspect most people go for ones that support their own values, and then basically compromise based on which ones are closer for more of them than the other. There are likely few people who literally just vote along party lines for everything.

One of my favorite little things about SpongeBob is that, according to the first Mermaid Man segment, Patrick is better at acting than SpongeBob.

Given that we have last names like "Edwards" and "Roberts" and "Stevens", it really makes you wonder why we by-and-large don't have any people w/ the last name "Georges" or "Samuels". And, in addition, that we have the last name "Winters" floating around, if at one point there were just so many fucking dudes with the name "Winter" (and it would have to be dudes, because otherwise we would have female names with S's tacked on in circulation) belonging to the same bloodline that they lumped them all together

There's a gal in my science class who I really have feelings for. She's smart, kind, and one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. I talk to her almost everyday when I see her in the library in the mornings or before class starts. The thing is, is that I don't know if I should tell her how I feel, because on one hand, if I don't, then I might regret it later on, but if I do, it might make her uncomfortable. No sé qué hacer...

I would say "ask out every girl you're interested in at all". Asking out every girl would just be lecherous. Probably obnoxious as well.
This is just for getting over the fear of asking people out, though. My actual advice would be to ask that person out, since that's the one you were looking to ask out to begin with.
As always, the worst she could do is say "no"-- Unfortunately for humanity as a species, being denied for the simple reason of not being up to snuff is decidedly a thing, but that constant reality doesn't stop our instincts from being hesitant to approach situations as decidedly real and anxious as somebody who shares the same physical space as you possibly snapping your extended olive branch, for lack of a better term.
Well I'll be damned. I guess we really are just that pathetic at naming groups of people.

Even still, though, how many goddamn George's must one have in the family before someone is like "we gotta find another means of differentiating"

Last edited:
Back