Someone tracked down the Wario Land 4 voice samples!

Kinda been lurking around here since I discovered the Uncompressed OST was posted.

Anyways, I hope I can be of some help here. The video upload of Vocal XTC has since been removed from YouTube, but someone else has the CD ripped and available for download here:

I hope we can find that last audio clip and finally have a HQ version of this song.

Kinda been lurking around here since I discovered the Uncompressed OST was posted.

Anyways, I hope I can be of some help here. The video upload of Vocal XTC has since been removed from YouTube, but someone else has the CD ripped and available for download here:

I hope we can find that last audio clip and finally have a HQ version of this song.

I've looked through the "Zero-G Vocal XTC " upload, and I don't think the last clip is in there...
There's one that MAY be it... but I doubt it's actually the one.
According to PattehRose it's a male voice going "Wo yeah", but none of the male voices in there go "Wo Yeah" in the way you hear it in the song, unless I missed something.

The files aren't labeled, so I have no idea which ones (if any) are by Nathan Prime or are named "Wo yeah".

I started making my own version using Weario's uncompressed instrumental version of the song, and so far it sounds great.
But we need that last clip to make it perfect!

Here's what I have so far.
IT'S SO CLOSE TO PERFECT! :SpoiledRotten:

Just that one little sample...

If anyone can get me the sample or tell me where to find it, I'll finish it and upload the complete thing to Youtube.

Attachments

• WL4 Title HQ Almost Complete.mp3
    690.4 KB · Views: 449
So this isn't entirely related, but I recently got in touch with James Mesbur, who's listed in the game credits under "voice". He told me he doesn't recall voicing any characters, so he might not have been Mad Scienstein/Arewo Shitain-hakase as the wiki currently claims. But he did remember "[singing] a couple songs, including one with a rap portion". So any male song vocals you hear in Wario Land 4 that aren't sampled from elsewhere are probably him.

So this isn't entirely related, but I recently got in touch with James Mesbur, who's listed in the game credits under "voice". He told me he doesn't recall voicing any characters, so he might not have been Mad Scienstein/Arewo Shitain-hakase as the wiki currently claims. But he did remember "[singing] a couple songs, including one with a rap portion". So any male song vocals you hear in Wario Land 4 that aren't sampled from elsewhere are probably him.
Hmm that's very interesting. Didn't know that some of the voice samples were actually custom made for this game.

A rap portion?
That has to be the vocals version of Hall of Hieroglyphs!

Back