Someone tracked down the Wario Land 4 voice samples!

Coins
Coins
Isn't this... the same Daoh? Could this game be using the same voice clip bank? Could this help in any way? (probably not, right?)
It's a very common sound, I've got it on my Roland piano as well. But it could be that they're replicating the same effect, instead of using the exact same sample.

G-Boy

VGM Researcher
Coins
Coins
Isn't this... the same Daoh? Could this game be using the same voice clip bank? Could this help in any way? (probably not, right?)
That dow sound is the JzVoice Dow instrument from the Roland ED Sound Canvas SC-8820 synth, which Wario Land 4 also uses. Miitopia also uses the JzVoice Bop instrument from the SC-8820.

Coins
Coins
Hi, All!

I've been following this thread for ages and I saw that no-one had purchased the vocal pack.

Luckily, I had, so I added it to the resources section under Wario SFX!

Zero-G seem to be a beloved source for Nintendo, as their samples have been used in Super Mario 64, WarioWorld and loads of other Nintendo-developed games as well.

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
User Name Style Change Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Gold Necklace Gold Earrings User Title Style Change
Huh, seems useful.

That said, any examples of their samples being used in other Nintendo games?

G-Boy

VGM Researcher
Coins
Coins
Zero-G is pretty popular among game composers in general, and Nintendo also uses their libraries quite a bit, as SimonMKWii said. For example, two drum loops from Zero-G Datafile Two were used in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and a drum loop from Zero-G Ethnic Flavours and a flute from Zero-G Ethnic was used in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Well, I didn't really find anything... except for "XTC 418" which is in the folder Hook+Shout 09. It sounds a lot like a clip that's in the WL4 soundfont which I THINK goes unused. If it is used then I don't remember where.

Man, this is so crazy! Just think if we completely remastered the intro song... we could cruise down the road on our own adventures listening to the same exact song Wario was listening to!