Someone tracked down the Wario Land 4 voice samples!

Isn't this... the same Daoh? Could this game be using the same voice clip bank? Could this help in any way? (probably not, right?)

It's a very common sound, I've got it on my Roland piano as well. But it could be that they're replicating the same effect, instead of using the exact same sample.

Isn't this... the same Daoh? Could this game be using the same voice clip bank? Could this help in any way? (probably not, right?)

That dow sound is the JzVoice Dow instrument from the Roland ED Sound Canvas SC-8820 synth, which Wario Land 4 also uses. Miitopia also uses the JzVoice Bop instrument from the SC-8820.

Huh, seems useful.

That said, any examples of their samples being used in other Nintendo games?

Zero-G is pretty popular among game composers in general, and Nintendo also uses their libraries quite a bit, as SimonMKWii said. For example, two drum loops from Zero-G Datafile Two were used in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and a drum loop from Zero-G Ethnic Flavours and a flute from Zero-G Ethnic was used in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Reactions: 607
Well, I didn't really find anything... except for "XTC 418" which is in the folder Hook+Shout 09. It sounds a lot like a clip that's in the WL4 soundfont which I THINK goes unused. If it is used then I don't remember where.

Guys!
I found some samples in the GTA 1 soundtrack!
Has anyone mentioned this yet?

This has the "and unity" clip in it:
At least I think it's the same clip.

And this has some of the female samples in it.
Listen in the last third of the video.
It has the "That's mother FUNK YEAH" or whatever, as well as "listen to the funky drummer"

It's very likely the same clips.
I'll see if I can find any more.

Guys!
I found some samples in the GTA 1 soundtrack!
Has anyone mentioned this yet?

This has the "and unity" clip in it:
At least I think it's the same clip.

And this has some of the female samples in it.
Listen in the last third of the video.
It has the "That's mother FUNK YEAH" or whatever, as well as "listen to the funky drummer"

It's very likely the same clips.
I'll see if I can find any more.

8:29 is almost certainly the female voice from the WL4 intro song. I'm surprised Nintendo got away with using this without giving the GTA creators credit for it. Do they even know about this?

8:29 is almost certainly the female voice from the WL4 intro song. I'm surprised Nintendo got away with using this without giving the GTA creators credit for it. Do they even know about this?
It's a stock sound effect/voice clip from a sound library.
Anyone can buy those and use them. So both GTA and WL4 got them from the same source.
What we're trying to find out is what that source is, so we can get all the original clips in high quality, to recreate the song in HD.

It's a stock sound effect/voice clip from a sound library.
Anyone can buy those and use them. So both GTA and WL4 got them from the same source.
What we're trying to find out is what that source is, so we can get all the original clips in high quality, to recreate the song in HD.

Oh, I see. I never knew it worked that way. Didn't know that those sound fx are in the public domain.

Oh, I see. I never knew it worked that way. Didn't know that those sound fx are in the public domain.
Public domain would mean they don't belong to anyone. But they do. That's why you have to buy the rights to use them. But they are commercially available to the public, yes.

Hi all. I apologize for bumping this thread, but I've managed to finally locate the sample library that sourced the remainder of the vocals used in the opening.

They come from a library known as Midi Mark Vocal Bytes, a vocal-focused sample library from 1993. From what I understand it was a very popular library among artists back in the 90s, and even has been used in a few games including the first Grand Theft Auto, Super Monkey Ball 3D, Lethal League Blaze and even Remix 10 from Super Mario Run.

Below is a link to all the voice samples heard in Wario Land 4's opening that I could find.

[Link removed due to product now being sold again]

Enjoy! :oldwahhead:

Last edited:
Hi all. I apologize for bumping this thread, but I've managed to finally locate the sample library that sourced the remainder of the vocals used in the opening.

They come from a library known as Midi Mark Vocal Bytes, a vocal-focused sample library from 1995. From what I understand it was a very popular library among artists back in the 90s, and even has been used in a few games including the first Grand Theft Auto, Super Monkey Ball 3D, Lethal League Blaze and even Remix 10 from Super Mario Run.

Below is a link to all the voice samples heard in Wario Land 4's opening that I could find.

Share, Embed & Upload Audio with Clyp

Enjoy! :oldwahhead:

Thanks for sharing. I already knew that some of the vocals are also used in GTA, but I was never able to hear the original unedited voice samples.
But I still can't tell what the lady in the first voice clip is singing. Still sounds like 'motherf*ck yeah' to me, even in its original state. Are there any lyrics avaible somewhere? Would like to know what they are; I can't imagine the f-word having slipped through the E-rating.

Back