Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

I've been meaning to try those two titles though money has always been a bit of an issue for me in terms of games so it takes me forever to get to some games.

I've never interacted with it either but it just put me off and I didn't want to be associated with it I guess. I know of that crazy guy, I've been following his antics on and off for a while and he doesn't really do any justice to the sonic fanbase.
That's my issue with games, so I can relate. I just barely bought Unleashed my past birthday and Colors a month ago.

I follow him on and off too, though I can't keep up with what he's doing recently and take it seriously.

It wasn't until I was a teen that I actually played my first sonic game and unfortunately it had to be Shadow the Hedgehog.
Haha I have an older sister that wanted to get me Shadow for my birthday one year in high school. We got into an argument because I didn't want it and she kept arguing it was "just like Sonic." I'm so sorry you were stuck with it, but I'm glad you got to play the classics. I share you opinion on 2. I've come to appreciate 3&K more but it feels disjointed to me.

S&K is another grower for me too, I just personally didn't like how it had to be stuck as two different games or well having like sonic 3 and then S&K I guess I just found it to be weird that had to happen. Oh dear wanting to get you Shadow the Hedgehog, it's a good thing that never happened trust me you'd really despise it.

Should try collecting all the emeralds in Sonic 2 now that it's been mentioned, and definitely Sonic 2 is a real solid game over all.

They're a lot easier to control and they're also more creative. I find it also carries more depth compared to Blue Sphere, which was also trying to capture the 3D effect as well.

Also it has the best music

I found CD's special stages the most enjoyable

They're a lot easier to control and they're also more creative. I find it also carries more depth compared to Blue Sphere, which was also trying to capture the 3D effect as well.

From the special stages it's always looked the best out of any classic Sonic stage as well being immersed having a more free range 3D mode. Sonic CD's soundtrack is so vast and enjoyable should really find a way to play it sometime. Really did like how you had the choices to go through various pasts to save the future and be able to visit the restored stages, which some ended up looking very pretty.

You should check out the remastered version that came out roughly around 2011. It's very well done and contains both the US and JP/EU soundtracks. I never got to play the original but it's loads of fun on PS3.

Dunno how I never noticed this thread : p

But yeah, I have actually only like just recently gotten into Sonic. I played it a few times on Genesis growing up and I liked it alright back then like any other kid : p But we didnt have our first Genesis for some time after that and we never actually had Sonic for it : p The game that we played the most on it was Double Dragon. So growing up I never really thought much of Sonic.

As most of you here already know, Crescent Moon Villager and I are close friends, and he decided one day to watch the Sonic Cartoons. He thought they were so ridiculously cheesy and cringey that he got me to watch Boom with him : p I really liked it, for whatever reason, and have become a fan : p On top of this, Ive always really liked the Dreamcast, and lately have become really fascinated by it and really want to get own of my own one day. Of course the first game you always hear about the DC is Sonic Adventures, so Ive seen pleanty of videos of it : p
I havent played any Sonic games outside of the Genesis games, and honestly Im not sure how many of them Id actually want to play : p I do really want to try Sonic Adventures, though.

I think its the overall cheesy-ness and cringey-ness of the series that makes it so special : p Also I really like Amy

images

I liked her both in the cartoons and I watched her story in SA, I really like how she forces herself into Sonics life even though he tries hard to get away from her : p Haha, I like characters like that for some reason : p

Oh actually, CMV got me an Amy keychain, and I just got him a Shadow keychain, we are gonna trade them when he comes here to visit in a few weeks : p

I like Amy's character alright but her voice actress in Sonic Lost World made her nearly unbearable.

I've criticized Boom but quality wise it really is the best of the cartoons. I wish I could hug Eggman, Orbot and Cubot. Especially the latter two because they are punching bags that are adorable.

Oh yeah, Ive seen alot of people put down the Boom video game, but I actually thought it looked really pretty and fun : p The ability to switch out characters and junk looked fun to me. Would like to try it despite everyone putting it down : p

Wouldnt care so much about Knuckles, though. Am not a fan of the Boom Knuckles : p

Oh and speaking of Eggman, I really liked the Fuzzy Puppy Buddies episode of Boom. Kinda makes me wish they had done more with Eggman and Amy bonding, haha I liked how they interacted together : p They made a fun couple.

I'm quick to criticize the Wii U version because the developers had over 3 years of development time and tried to use their status as ex Naughty Dog employees to try and boost interest in the game. The cutscenes are also rendered so poorly, which kind of kills it for me. I don't see a problem with other people liking it though and don't understand people getting all twisted over people liking something that's universally panned. Different strokes for different folks.

Boom Knuckles doesn't bother me. I don't like them reusing jokes and gags with him like they do with Sticks, but generally I have no qualms.

That was a cute episode. I tend to like the more unconventional ones, like New Years Retribution and ones that focus less on Amy and Sticks. Sticks has potential somewhere in her design but it's squandered by the fourth wall gags.

The only Sonic compilation I've played is Sonic Jam for the Sega Saturn. The music is pretty much hit or miss but it had a lot of videos like the little short 2 minute cartoon called "Man of the Year."

It also had the Sonic CD opening and ending cutscenes set to the Japanese music which is where I learned about Sonic CD. So many good memories.

For the longest time my only exposure to Sonic Jam was through Sonic Mega Collection's "History of Sonic" video. Pretty funny that they bill it as Sonic's first fully 3D game and make out the overworld hub to be the actual game.

For original content they are sort of right? That's picking very fine hairs apart so it's something I say in jest, but seeing the over world hub to get to the content was pretty cool. I never had Mario 64 (or a n64 period) so that section was eye opening for little, innocent me.

It uses assets developed for Sonic Xtreme, oddly enough. That may be where they're getting at too.

The video also confused me over Sonic CD since the compilation also includes the Sonic CD intro and ending(American music) but never showing the game itself so for the longest time I was confused as to what Sonic CD actually was and all of this was before I used the internet.

I thought it was another cartoon they showed previews of, seeing that Man of the Year and a trailer for the Sonic OVA were also included.

That was probably the first time I had ever wished I lived in Japan and was Japanese, just so I could get more Sonic stuff to watch.

Back