The Mario Maker manual is... interesting

Yeah, that was a nice bit of informal text in that manual. Still not quite on the level of Wario or Cranky Kong, but that was still pretty funny. Gotta love how their FAQ included "I hate brussels sprouts."
It's almost exactly the tone of Super Mario Sluggers for the Wii (the commentary in Story mode that is). "Great buttered broccoli!" Or something else with the baseball golden era in mind (but probably mildly more mature).

Yeah, that was a nice bit of informal text in that manual. Still not quite on the level of Wario or Cranky Kong, but that was still pretty funny. Gotta love how their FAQ included "I hate brussels sprouts."
Damn, I want Cranky Kong to be in the manual and riff on this game so bad. xD

- Story Mode (10 Mario Challenge) -
"Story? That's a laugh! Rescue the princess? How long did it take you to come up with that? If you're too lazy to think of a story at least be man enough to own up to it!"

- 100 Mario Challenge -
"What's this? They give you 100 lives for a couple of crummy levels? Why don't you just abolish game overs while you're at it? In fact, why not just serve the players their victories on a silver platter? Having to play these hard levels is just going to hurt their widdle feelings and we can't have that now, can we?
Bah! You sissies make me sick! I'd give you no more than three lives and if you can't make it you'd have to deal with it!"

- Rating System -
"Oh, of course, there's no way to give a level a negative rating. At Nintendo everyone is a winner, no matter how lousily designed your levels are.
Listen, boneheads! You'll never improve if you can't face the fact that you're rubbish at designing! Maybe you should just stick to playing levels made by people who are better at this than you."

- Amiibo costumes -
"I can't believe there's no costume of me in this game! What, am I too old for you? Am I not cool enough for you? Did you even see how much butt I kicked in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze?
Listen, you spoiled little brats! Without me Jump Man would've never become the Superstar he is today and this whole game wouldn't even exist so pay some respect!
Ugh! That's it! I'm outta here!"

They also added animated details in the manual:
http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/manual/
MarioMakerNPCs.png

Is the girl suppose to be Mario's secretary?

A lot of new Nintendo games have no manual to save paper.
That makes sense. Manuals on paper are my favourite thing about a game though, aside of the game content itself. Oh well, at least the bundle box and cd cartridge have a nice cover.

I was shocked to see how thick DS game manuals were. Of course, in Europe they had to include like 5 different languages so they are massive!
Makes sense to make them digital. That way you also can't lose them. ^^

So they say "Carrots", so is Mario Land 2 confirmed?

What if they said "hop like a frog", then Frog Suit confirmed...

Back to topic: Nintendo is really good with manuals, I'm not really a fan of digital manuals, but they still haven't lost touch!

Back