The Mario Party Series

warelander

Some random guy online
Since we are going to hear more about Star Rush today I figured that we could use a general thread for the series.

I like Mario Party a lot, it's one of my favorite multiplayer series and has been responsible for many great (and sometimes BS ) memories.

Out of the traditional Mario Partys I like 6,2,7 and 4 the most, but I do like the other ones as well, Advance while not a ''real'' Mario Party was still a fun little time waster for me, Island Tour was hit and miss, I don't hate 9, but I have many issues with it, but ended up enjoying 10 quite a bit, thought I don't find it hard to understand why others didn't.

As for Star Rush I'm going to check it out no matter what, but I'll refrain from any judgement until we see gameplay of it.

It's a pretty interesting departure from the previous formulas, I must say. At least you can move separately from each other this time, albeit simultaneously.

I quite like the series even though I rarely get to play it properly. Favorites are 3,4,6, and 7 though I like all of them except perhaps the first one. I was a bit too harsh in my other post about games past 8. I do find them enjoyable but I prefer the traditional formula and I would wish instead they spaced them out better than they did with the gamecube games.

So do you only play as Toads in this game? That's kind of lame...

ClA6wTNXEAEhaBo.jpg:small

The boxart looks prety uninspired.

473Ggbq.jpg

Toadette confirmed to return, heck yeah!

Now that I had time to let this game's unusual approach sink in I do think it looks interesting, I was expecting something experimental anyways (as usual for handheld MPs, save for DS ), which probably helps, but I really do need to play it in order to get a solid opinion on it, as of now thought, I am certainly intruged.

It already was an option in DS and Island Tour thought, so I'm not sure if that's what they mean, in fact, I have no clue what they mean by that.

Edit: Never mind I misremembered.

Last edited:
Back