The Mario RPG thread

We now know that the Koopalings will have speaking roles and a bigger role then in Superstar Saga:
tumblr_inline_nyaf14UMx91roeqim_500.png

As a fan of the Koopalings this pleases me greatly.

With the lack of any new characters I guess you can throw character development out the window since it wouldn't make sense to develop already established characters (albeit the koopalings are really devoid of any personality really).

With the lack of any new characters I guess you can throw character development out the window since it wouldn't make sense to develop already established characters (albeit the koopalings are really devoid of any personality really).
You can always develop old characters. Paper Mario was the first game to give Luigi a personality and he was already an old character at that point. It's never too late to give a character personality, you just have to do it. You could even still give Waluigi character development today but the problem is Nintendo doesn't care enough to do so.

You can always develop old characters. Paper Mario was the first game to give Luigi a personality and he was already an old character at that point. It's never too late to give a character personality, you just have to do it. You could even still give Waluigi character development today but the problem is Nintendo doesn't care enough to do so.
I guess, but with the way this is turning out it's probably not likely to happen anyway.

The battle music depends on who you have on your party. When you have only the regular Mario Bros. with you you hear this old masterpiece. The tutorial music is from Partners in Time so we can expect more musical references.

The battle music depends on who you have on your party. When you have only the regular Mario Bros. with you you hear this old masterpiece. The tutorial music is from Partners in Time so we can expect more musical references.

Yeah, I was really happy to hear this. So far it's the best thing to come out of the whole game.

As always sticker star on the bottom. It's not the worst thing in the world, I actually found it fun and enjoyable.

As for paper jam this game is jamming, looks fun, as to expect from the Mario and Luigi series. Take it the levels
do look bland, but probably just because it was the demo's, all things look bland from the start.

I'm looking forward to this, I remember when I first got Bowsers inside story, good times. Alone with Dream team
I was so happy when I got it. I was on vacation when I got it, it was at toys R Us and I was looking for a game to
buy so I could play it on the way back to our home city.

So, Paper Jam's soundtrack has found it's way to YouTube and that includes the final boss theme:

I like Phase 1 and love Phase 2, but they don't beat Adventures End, in my opinion

I normally wait for cheat codes for new games. So when it's new I'll post to miiverse and everyone will be like "Wahh?! how'd you get so many XP, HP so fast?!"
I do it with all my games. These Power save codes are just the best.

I mean, ummm. I do play the game normally. Once I beat it I'll do a 'for fun' file. Like in Dream team where you can max out everything in the first part of the story with power beans. lol

I got it yesterday and so far I really like it, I'll make a detailed impressions post by the end of the weekend, althougth if someone has a question regrarding the game feel free to ask.

Last edited:
After having played the game quite obssesivly extensivly, I'm close to the final boss now, I'll give my full thoughts sometime at night or in the afternoon, when the game is beaten (only the main story, there are still other things to do )and I collected all of my thoughts.

There is something I want to share right away thought:
20swpj4.jpg
Morton's sentence here means "Forgive us...father. I mean.....Master Bowser." and prior to that Bowser refered to the Koopalings as Schergen-minions.

Granted this is likely just a reference to the time they where considert his kids, but it does bring some odd in-universe implications, regarding the relationship of the Koopalings and Bowser

Back