The Mario RPG thread

Here is the Gamexplain analysis :

While it looks mildly more interesting then Sticker Star I still can't bring myself to feel any optimism or desire to play this game.

tumblr_inline_mq90rjYco71rl5dg1.png
Finally, a new paper Mario game. Been waiting ever since the leak about a new Paper Mario about a year back in early 2015. The game looks wonderful, the graphics just simply look amazing.

tumblr_inline_mvi6slyznp1rl5dg1.png
Can't wait for it to come out, It's a sure buy.

tumblr_inline_mq90rjYco71rl5dg1.png
Finally, a new paper Mario game. Been waiting ever since the leak about a new Paper Mario about a year back in early 2015. The game looks wonderful, the graphics just simply look amazing.

tumblr_inline_mvi6slyznp1rl5dg1.png
Can't wait for it to come out, It's a sure buy.
So, what's your favourite Paper Mario game?

tumblr_inline_mvi7uvRnMb1rl5dg1.png
Probably Super Paper Mario, TTYD is a close 2nd. I loved playing a more simple paper Mario game at the time, I went back to the N64 paper Mario and enjoyed it a lot.

Overall Super paper Mario is my favorite.

tumblr_inline_mvi7uvRnMb1rl5dg1.png
Probably Super Paper Mario, TTYD is a close 2nd. I loved playing a more simple paper Mario game at the time, I went back to the N64 paper Mario and enjoyed it a lot.

Overall Super paper Mario is my favorite.
Well, at least you're optimistic about this new entry. Everyone's going crazy over the blandness of it but I really did not like Sticker Star's gameplay in addition to the blandness of the game. The field enemy battles are entirely pointless. The bosses are pretty much beatable only through certain means which means using the right item. The backtracking is also not well done at all. I didn't think the first 2 games were RPG masterpieces but they were fun.

I'm still willing to bet Color Splash may sell (if not worse) as much as Rise of Lyric. People aren't going to be fooled twice after SS.

So, as it turns out, Color Splash's development began IMMEDIETLY after Sticker Star, so they didn't even have a way of knowing what people would think of Sticker Star.

So, Color Splash isn't that much of ignoring the fans, it's more of not even taking the time to listen to fans...

Their plans for Paper Mario's future, on the othe hand...

Very curious to see how well this game will sell since I have a bit of a feeling Sticker Star sold well due to its Paper Mario pedigree

Sticker Star sold well because we were first shown this: Notice the Chain Chomp partner as well.
GoombaPM3DS.PNG

Then Miyamoto complained it was too much like the GameCube Version and had it reworked completely.

Very curious to see how well this game will sell since I have a bit of a feeling Sticker Star sold well due to its Paper Mario pedigree

Usually when a dissapointing sequel comes out, it's the installment after it that suffers.

Sticker Star sold well, but it unusually (for a Nintendo game) and massively depreciated in price. I genuinely don't expect Paper Splash to do well.

Usually when a dissapointing sequel comes out, it's the installment after it that suffers.

Sticker Star sold well, but it unusually (for a Nintendo game) and massively depreciated in price. I genuinely don't expect Paper Splash to do well.

I think Paper Jam got smashed after Sticker Star's reception. That game sold rather poorly, and happened to be the only Sticker Star inspired game in the Mario & Luigi series.

The only question is whether this will do even worse.

Back