The Mega Man series

I'd be more partial to a more Mega Man 4-8 inspired game as well (along with an non-8-Bit graphic style) myself, don't get me wrong I love 9 and 10, but you can only go with that direction for so long and as much of a classic as it is, I'm honest to god tired of the Mega Man 2 pandering.

Ideally, I'd like to see a game sporting different graphical styles, with people being able to pick the one they prefer. Pretty sure that'd be impossible, though...

So how about that new upcoming Mega Man cartoon? Seems it'll mainly be catered to new audiences while having some stuff for the fans. Still, not holding my breath as usual.

Same here, I'm not having high hopes for this new megaman cartoon. Especially since the Ruby Spears cartoon was really stupid especially cutman. Well maybe they'll look more of less the same in terms of how they looked in game both megaman and the robot masters. Who knows since I did enjoy the Megaman.exe show but that was an anime unlike the Ruby Spears cartoon.

Well it'll be a joint Japanese- American production... but so was the Ruby Spears cartoon so that pretty much means absolutely nothing. That awful Street Fighter cartoon was also one as well if I recall correctly.

Well aside from the designs the cartoon was also filled with horrible jokes every five minutes that were probably written by our pal Terry Klassen.

Terry " the barbie doll movie " Klassen haven't heard his name in a few years. Yeah probably as bad as all those scissor puns cutman did which is also very similar to metalman stupid slicing puns.

If you want me to be honest, the old Mega Man cartoon is sounding more and more like my kind of cartoon; lame jokes, crappy animation, scissor puns, I'm very grateful for the always-awesome Discotek Media for rescuing it. I need a copy now.

The new cartoon? It's being made by Man of Action studios, if I'm not mistaken. They made shows like the first Ben 10, Generator Rex and Ultimate Spider-Man. Not really a fan of their work, so I don't have much hope for it. I'll still watch a few episodes because it's Mega Man, but I don't really expect great things.

Though I'm sure kids will love it and eat it up, and honestly, the franchise could use new fans, so if it means more support for the games, then I'm all for it if it's at least a somewhat faithful adaptation.

If you want me to be honest, the old Mega Man cartoon is sounding more and more like my kind of cartoon; lame jokes, crappy animation, scissor puns, I'm very grateful for the always-awesome Discotek Media for rescuing it. I need a copy now.

The new cartoon? It's being made by Man of Action studios, if I'm not mistaken. They made shows like the first Ben 10, Generator Rex and Ultimate Spider-Man. Not really a fan of their work, so I don't have much hope for it. I'll still watch a few episodes because it's Mega Man, but I don't really expect great things.

Though I'm sure kids will love it and eat it up, and honestly, the franchise could use new fans, so if it means more support for the games, then I'm all for it if it's at least a somewhat faithful adaptation.

Excuse the second video's sound it has been sped up due to avoid copyright. Since you've taken an interest in the cheesy ruby spears cartoon here are some clips I've dished out. Perhaps I was quick to judge it due to not having to grow up on the show and just the games themselves, thought it didn't really capture it. Could see where some people would enjoy it as much as certain people enjoying the super mario bros. super show. Same studios who's done the first ben 10? It'll have a good look to it but yeah it seems this show would just attract kids to it and as a bonus yes maybe it could show the kids of this era about megaman and wanting to play the older games.

I wouldn't say it's unenjoyable. Certainly bad and unenjoyable are not the same thing. Though it's more enjoyable in an ironic way as you can tell.

Remember the word on a Mega Man TV series? Please be good... Please be good... Please be-
3722740-183959.jpeg

Aw, fuck.

EDIT: Just as I make this post, about 3 new ones appear. You guys are fast.

Well, considering this is meant to be its own thing rather than a direct adaptation there's still hope though I can't say I'm a fan of that design. “Unflinching wide-eyed optimism and an over-the-top sense of humor” statements worries me a bit though.

As long as it's not filled to the brim with fart jokes and forced memes like Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, it should hopefully be better than that seep. :V

I mean, I feel like Mega Man would lend itself decently to a more serious setting, but whatever. I'll probably give it a try either way. Just as long as it isn't Ghostly Adventures or Teen Titans Go levels of bad, I'll probably not hate it.

It seems they're taking the Dragon Ball Evolution method of adapting things, though admittedly, Mega Man is no stranger to very different versions.

I'm expecting less than I was before. But it can't be as bad as the Brazilian comics...right?

It won't be anything like the Brazilian comic, the Brazilian comic is just too bizarre. If anything this would just turn out as something similar to Sonic Boom or Pacman and the ghostly adventures. Since this will also be it's own separate series much like the mentioned two series not really connecting strictly to how the game was, think of it as it's own universe. Kind of am expecting it to sort of be like the Archie Comics Megaman in some ways, since the article that had that odd Megaman design had a more comic-y look to Megaman which I don't really agree yet I don't really see Megaman well the classic series to be all too serious either.

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/26/mega-man-gets-a-new-look/

wily.jpg
megax.jpg

Anything would be better than Darth Wily and panty stealing X though even if they tend to go the Archie Comic style, in terms of storyline and jokes.
Hopefully they won't just put in random OC characters like they do in the Archie Comics though.
tumblr_nwnc8bxHeH1uhus87o2_1280.jpg

Hey, I like Quake Woman. But to each their own, right?

Yeah I just can't really get into her character, idk if maybe it's due to me growing up with Megaman and being so unfamiliar with stuff like it but that's alright. Like who you like man! Not getting in the way of that.

I think I'm in the minority when I say I'm not a huge fan of the Archie comic. I honestly don't like Quake Woman, and in general I don't really enjoy the atmosphere the comic creates. It's not a bad comic, but I just can't enjoy it.

A lot of it though is probably due to me loving Hitoshi Ariga's Rockman Megamix and Gigamix series. Ariga put a ton of heart and soul into creating that series (to the point that he not only used Japanese media of Mega Man and would replay the classic series bosses, study their boss patterns, as well as take their initial designs and base their looks and personalities around that) and I adore his art style. Not to say that Archie hasn't put their own heart into their adaptation, but they seem to run off of the western media adaptations and make characters be more "punny" than legitimately funny.

Back