The Nintendo Switch Event Thread

How excited are you right now?

• I'm on the Hype train.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • I'm not interested in it personally.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm intrigued but it's not super important to me.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I never cared about the Switch to begin with.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TB100

What you see is what you get, just a guy...
nintendo-switch-presentation-2017-logo_1616.jpg

So it's finally coming, the day that we have all been waiting, the Nintendo Switch Event, finally after three months of nothing but rumors and leaks, everything will be revealed from the specs, to the price, to the software. for those that are out of the loop, or just want to when it's happening, here's some details regarding it.

8pm PT/11pm ET/10pm CST - January 12th
4am GMT /5am CET/1pm JST - January 13th

It's going to be hosted in Tokyo Japan and it's going to have voiceovers in different countries. (This was confirmed by Nintendo of Europe.) so no Reggie and Bill antics unfortunately.
so just to this get this hype train started, What's your predictions for the event? what are mine? well...

Realistic.
  • The Switch would be priced at $250 Dollars.
  • We're not gonna see Super Mario Switch till E3.
  • Details on Zelda Breath of the Wild will be massive and would probably be the BIG title for the Switch, we'll probably get our first look at Zelda herself and the plot.
  • There will be something Kirby related there. (It's the 25th anniversary after all. it'll be a waste not to have anything.)
  • While Ubisoft and Nintendo are doing their Mario/Rabbids collab, it's not gonna be what we think it is.
  • Definitely will get more details regarding MK8.5 and Splatoon and what that's all about.
  • One dormat IP will return.
  • Eshop and Virtual Console talk, with GCN virtual console being revealed.
  • Third Party sizzle reel.
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 would be shown off.
  • Something from Capcom most definitely.
  • Skyrim is not happening.
  • No Pokemon till E3.
  • New Super Mario Bros. Switch gets announced.

Not Realistic.

• Mega Man will finally return after a 7 year hiatus.
  • New 2D or 3D Rayman Game announced for the Switch.
  • The 3DS would get some noteworthy attention as well. with new software being annouced for it including a brand new fucking butt spanking Wario game. (Hey this is not realisitic after all.)
  • Details regarding Project Sonic 17 will get shown. such as the title and gameplay.
  • A New 2D Mario game that's not a New Super Mario Bros. Game. will be revealed.
That's all i have for right now. let's get this hype train shall we.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_mpl11tX5Cv1rl5dg1.gif
I'm very pumped for this upcoming event! I wouldn't say it has been keeping me up at night but that doesn't mean I'm not hyped! we're almost there! 8 more days for me, and that's only a week and an extra day. That isn't so long. Where does the time go?

tumblr_inline_n21bux3g7J1rl5dg1.png
It felt like the Switch was just reveled a few days ago, I remember hearing we won't get more switch news until next year and I was bummed out. But here we are, it's the new year and the Switch is almost here! Above anything else, I want to see these ports! More specifically Mario Kart 8. I want to see what new characters they added, I'm gonna guess King Boo isn't the only new character.

tumblr_inline_mvidpdaGUH1rl5dg1.png
Maybe they will finally add Ashley into it? She's a good character for Mario Kart! I imagine her being bigger than Toad, but a tiny bit smaller than Mario. She'll be Medium class, as she's not as small as the babies, or she'll be light but not as light at those smaller characters. Like with Shyguy, Wendy and the others.

i2oxf6.jpg
Smash Bros? I'm sure Ashley won't be in the port, or if there will be any new characters at all. I'm not very hyped for it, but if it will have new characters consider my hype level 9001.

Pretty interesting showing unless you're not an RPG fan heehee. I like how the console itself is quite innovative and perhaps a bit gimmicky and yet the rather conventional approach taken to most of the games announced as it feels like an extension of the sorts of games the 3DS has been getting as of late. I was surprised to see a new No More Heroes announced that was totally unexpected. There isn't anything too personally appealing to me as of yet(aside from Puyo stuffs) but I would say this is a pretty strong showing for the console. That price may need to go down though.

Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah, DQ 10-11!!! and that Super Mario Odyssey both really get me pumped.
the ARMS game is very interesting, It looks so fun but the motion controls may kill the eperience for me but i have faith since they've practiced from both the wii and wii u, I mean hey there's no sensor bar so that's a plus.
I'm also really pumped for LoZ BotW but that goes without saying.
Also Splatton 2, I loved the first game but by the time i got it Splatfest already died so i can't wait for the sequel, it looks great.
MK8DX Might be very much the same as MK8 and as great as MK8 was MK8DX seems to be a genuine improvement.
Xenoblade 2? Looks great but by the time i finished the original Chronicles was released and i'm not done with Chronicles yet and Between that and all this Pokemon lately i'm DUPER burned out on RPGs.
I do however wanna get Fire Emblem warriors. Here's to hoping there's no censorship this time goddamnit!
Everything else? eh... We'll see when more games are announced but for now that's all i care about.

My biggest gripe with the console is its hardware seems to be largely unimproved from the Wii U's aside from the boosted resolution. While there are a lot of developers working on games for it right now and it has the portability going for it, I'm scared that this might be yet another Nintendo console where its saving grace is strong first party games once again.

View attachment 3243

So it's finally coming, the day that we have all been waiting, the Nintendo Switch Event, finally after three months of nothing but rumors and leaks, everything will be revealed from the specs, to the price, to the software. for those that are out of the loop, or just want to when it's happening, here's some details regarding it.

8pm PT/11pm ET/10pm CST - January 12th
4am GMT /5am CET/1pm JST - January 13th

It's going to be hosted in Tokyo Japan and it's going to have voiceovers in different countries. (This was confirmed by Nintendo of Europe.) so no Reggie and Bill antics unfortunately.
so just to this get this hype train started, What's your predictions for the event? what are mine? well...

Realistic.
  • The Switch would be priced at $250 Dollars.
  • We're not gonna see Super Mario Switch till E3.
  • Details on Zelda Breath of the Wild will be massive and would probably be the BIG title for the Switch, we'll probably get our first look at Zelda herself and the plot.
  • There will be something Kirby related there. (It's the 25th anniversary after all. it'll be a waste not to have anything.)
  • While Ubisoft and Nintendo are doing their Mario/Rabbids collab, it's not gonna be what we think it is.
  • Definitely will get more details regarding MK8.5 and Splatoon and what that's all about.
  • One dormat IP will return.
  • Eshop and Virtual Console talk, with GCN virtual console being revealed.
  • Third Party sizzle reel.
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 would be shown off.
  • Something from Capcom most definitely.
  • Skyrim is not happening.
  • No Pokemon till E3.
  • New Super Mario Bros. Switch gets announced.

Not Realistic.

• Mega Man will finally return after a 7 year hiatus.
  • New 2D or 3D Rayman Game announced for the Switch.
  • The 3DS would get some noteworthy attention as well. with new software being annouced for it including a brand new fucking butt spanking Wario game. (Hey this is not realisitic after all.)
  • Details regarding Project Sonic 17 will get shown. such as the title and gameplay.
  • A New 2D Mario game that's not a New Super Mario Bros. Game. will be revealed.
That's all i have for right now. let's get this hype train shall we.
So with the switch event over, let's see if any of my predictions were correct.

• The Switch would be priced at $250 Dollars. - False. Unfortunately, the Switch is gonna be priced at $300 Dollars which is pretty fucking steep. But still better then the Wii U.
  • We're not gonna see Super Mario Switch till E3. - False. Super Mario Odyssey made it's proper debut at the presentation and will launch this holiday.
  • Details on Zelda Breath of the Wild will be massive and would probably be the BIG title for the Switch, we'll probably get our first look at Zelda herself and the plot. - True. Breath of the Wild looks to be, alongside 1. 2. Switch, to be the BIG title for the Switch. And the new trailer did give us our first proper look at Zelda herself, Though the plot itself is still relatively unknown at this point.
  • There will be something Kirby related there. (It's the 25th anniversary after all. it'll be a waste not to have anything.) - False, but we could still get something in the next few months.
  • While Ubisoft and Nintendo are doing their Mario/Rabbids collab, it's not gonna be what we think it is. - It's not what we think it is, because it's not even real. (Thank fucking god.)
  • Definitely will get more details regarding MK8.5 and Splatoon and what that's all about. -True (Kinda.) While we did get more details, it was pretty little. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is releasing next april, and Splatoon is actually a Sequel, and that would be releasing next summer. (I hope to god we get playable octoling.)
  • One dormat IP will return. - False
  • Eshop and Virtual Console talk, with GCN virtual console being revealed. - False
  • Third Party sizzle reel. - True we did get one.
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 would be shown off. - False
  • Something from Capcom most definitely. - True. Ultra Street Fighter 2 was revealed during the sizzle real and a trailer came after the presentation.
  • Skyrim is not happening. - False. Skyrim is definitely happening.
  • No Pokemon till E3. - Possibly True. While Pokemon did not appear during the presentation, whatever it'll make a E3 appearance or not, or whatever they even had plans to begin with, is still unknown at this point.
  • New Super Mario Bros. Switch gets announced. - False, (Thank God.)

Not Realistic.

• Mega Man will finally return after a 7 year hiatus. - False
  • New 2D or 3D Rayman Game announced for the Switch. - Kinda True? We are getting a new Rayman Game, but it's a suped up port of Legends, so ehhhh???
  • The 3DS would get some noteworthy attention as well. with new software being annouced for it including a brand new fucking butt spanking Wario game. (Hey this is not realisitic after all.) - Obviously False.
  • Details regarding Project Sonic 17 will get shown. such as the title and gameplay. - Obviously we didn't get anything, but Sonic Mania did appear at the presentation, which is neat.
  • A New 2D Mario game that's not a New Super Mario Bros. Game. will be revealed. - False
So overall, while I did get a couple of things right, (I was actually spot on with Zelda.) pretty much all my predictions were false. So yeah, now this doesn't mean that none of these games are happening. But we'll probably see them alongside others when E3 comes around. (Maybe...)

Since the dust has settled, my thoughts are now:

Zelda: Breast of the Wild: I WANT IT NOW!!!
101_salivating.png

Super Mario Odyssey: YES! 3D OPEN WORLD MARIO! :S8'D: FINALLY! (wait, what? A realistic city with realistic people? ...uhhhh... kay...) WOAH COOL ALL THESE WORLDS LOOK SO COOL I WANNA LEARN MORE!!!
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Really cool. Love the Inklings. :owo: King Boo, Bowz Jr. and Dry Bones are always nice. Tho I wish King Boo had his Luigi's Mansion design, not just the generic big boo with the generic crown. The battle mode looks good, I love that Bob-omb Battle returns, the battle stages look cool, I just hope there are enough of them in the game. Not just 6 or so.
Besides battle mode, I hope they don't just add the characters and battle but leave the regular cups as they are.
I'd like at least 2 more cups. (WITH WARIO COLOSSEUM PLEASE!!! @0@)
Spla2n: That's cool, I guess. Splatoon is always fun. I hope this time I have some people I can play it with instead of just VS randos.
99_IV.png

1, 2, Switch: Meh. Not interested. :SBubble:

Arms: Eeehhh.... seems cool, I guess, maybe? Maybe if there's a free demo I'd try it out...
104_Meh.png

The rest is all stuff I don't care about in general. The Fire Quests and the Dragon Emblems and the Shin Megami Chronicles...

So... yeah, sadly there are only 2 games that I'm really pumped for right now. But I know that BotW will keep me busy for quite a while. :c8:

Super Mario Odyseey and especially Puyo Puyo Tetris yahdon'tsay pretty much made the whole thing for me. though Breath of the Wild does also look really good and I'll never say no to more Mario Kart 8 content.

The rest isn't stuff I'm personally crazy about, but those four are already a good amount of games for me to look forward to, whenever I get a Switch, which won't be until around close to the end of the year.

Last edited:
Well, Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey look great. I mean, the latter just looks like everything I've wanted in a 3D Mario game for years.

And the former looks less like a sandbox with little variety and more like a sandbox packed with awesome things to do and memorable Zelda characters/species.

Here are my thoughts on the games revealed.
  • 1. 2. Switch - Ehh looks like a generic party game, kinda stupid though to not make this a pack in game, ala Wii Sports and Nintendo Land, because it's going to get left in the dust quickly thanks to Zelda.
  • Arms - This was unexpected, I'm not a big fighting game fan, but i'll most likely check it out, because it does look fun.
  • Snippercuts - Well this didn't get a trailer surprisingly, but yeah this looks very charming and cute. (I expect this game to be the first Eshop only game.)
  • Splatoon 2 - The first real exciting game tonight, I liked the first Splatoon, so i'll definitely check this one out. (Splat2n was a missed opportunity though.)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Not familer with the Xeneblade games (Music is fucking awesome though.) so moving on.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!, THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE FUCKING HIGHLIGHT. THE VISUALS, THE 64/SUNSHINE GAMEPLAY, THOSE EXPRESSIVE ANIMATIONS, THAT MUSIC IN THE
  • BACKGROUND, THE HAT WITH THE EYES, SWAG BOWSER, HOLY SHIT. THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING, I WANT TO PLAY THIS NOW!!!!!! (Not digging the realistic humans though.)
  • Shin Megumi Tensei - Ehhh? not familer with the SMT games, so moving on.
  • Super Bomberman R - Looks fun, but i bet Konami is gonna fuck this up one way or another.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Most disapointing reveal of the night in my opinion. I was really looking forward to this game, but with no new tracks (Aside from the DLC courses.) and paid online, i'm sorry, i'm not paying, I don't care about battle mode, and i never did, nor are five characters enough to double dip. i'll just wait for MK9 instead.
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris - I'm sure Warelander, Magma, and DanTH400 all freaked out when this was confirmed for localization, So Sega is finally giving Puyo Puyo another chance at the west, makes sense considering that since they bought Atlus, they have been more willing to localize games then they were in the past, and Puyo Puyo has gotten a massive cult following since the days of Puyo Pop Fever. but anyways, This game does look like a lot of fun, and i'll most likely check it out. (Especially since it's made by Sonic Team.)
  • ULTRA STREET FIGHTER 2!!! - Meh not interested at the moment, as i'm not really a fan of the Street Fighter games, so i'll probably pass on this one. (Maybe...)
  • Skyrim - Holy shit, didn't expect this to actually be a thing. I knew about it's apperance in the Switch debut trailer, but bethesda said they didn't had plans on bringing it to the Switch. so this was a surprise. but anyways, i'm not a Skyrim person, and honestly, i doubt anyone here would buy Skyrim as it's more of a PC/Hardcore thing then Nintendo's usual stuff. but hey, i'm happy for those who has been anticipating it,
  • FIFA 18 - It's Fucking FIFA, moving on.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors, - THIS WAS INEVITABLE. Seriously why didn't they do this before, it's so fucking obivous, well it's happening now, and while there is nothing so far, there is a Direct coming for it on Jan 18th, so yeah, that's cool. (I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem, so this doesn't appeal to me.)
  • Sonic Mania - THIS WAS ALSO INEVITABLE. Now if it wasn't obivous, i'm already really excited for this game, a new 2D Classic Styled Sonic game, by the guys behind the Remasters of Sonic 1 and 2, and the guys behind the cancelled Sonic 2 HD fangame, hell fucking yeah, but i already preordered the PS4 version, and i don't plan on getting a Switch forawhile. But hey. i'm very happy for those that have been anticipating it. (Now you too can join the Mania.)
  • NBA 2K18 - Yay?
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, - This is the other highlight of the presentation, because damn does this game look fucking amazing so far, I'm not even that big of a Zelda fan, but I can tell you that i am looking forward to this and i can't wait to play it eventually.

Now obivously, these aren't the only games confirmed for the Switch, but i'm mostly just looking at the newer games, and not ports of already annouced or existing games. (Aside from Skyrim, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Sonic Mania, and Ultra Street Fighter 2)
So yeah, this presentation was pretty weak overall, and aside from Mario and Zelda, there was nothing really MINDBLOWING there. and most of these games on here didn't even get a trailer or was annouced after the presentation.
And like everyone else, i am very disapointed with it overall, But i'm sure Nintendo is currently saving their heavyhitters for E3 and Beyond, so that's something to look forward to in the months beyond.

As for the Switch itself, it looks neat, the Price is pretty steep though, but it's definitely better then the Wii U though, and it looks like Nintendo is hitting all the right spots with this one unlike the Wii U (Though i'm definitely not digging the paid online service. seriously I hate this practice so much.) I don't plan on getting one right away, but hey it definitely looks sweet, and i'll definitely get one, once we get more games for it.

Last edited:
Back