The Nintendo Switch is already getting Hate.

Is the Hate justified?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
I think so. But it still might be an exaggeration of the guy's genuine criticism. I don't watch boogie enough to know how much truth is in those.

Plus it's Nintendo and the 21st century. There will always be haters :/

I kinda have good hopes for this console to be honest. But one can never know for sure until it is released with some good games.
The beginnings of these videos are just atrocious, though. As if they already had the console in possesion for months, which they don't.
It makes me wonder what will happen to them if the console gets successful instead.

I'm not even going to watch those videos, they do not seem serious at all to me.
I think we've got very high chances here.
Comparing to the Wii U, the Switch is looking very good indeed.
Here are some of my thoughts from just a bit after watching the trailer. (I tried copying, but the colours didn't work out and I didn't feel like changing them, if linking to other forums is illegal please tell me and I'll try something else)

Truth be told, despite me being a long-time Nintendo fan, the lack of any real interesting or refreshing titles on the Wii U besides Splatoon from what I heard was a fresh and well-received IP, kind of made me wary of immediately giving in on the Switch hype.

I don't dislike Switch's concept, but I'm more or less concerned about Nintendo's ability to still make refreshing and innovative twists in their old IP's, since I could count the number of games I actually bothered to get on the Wii U on both hands, and it seems to me that Nintendo's sort of running dry slowly, but I'm just going to wait first how well the initial Switch reception will be along with the launch titles for the system.

I am super curious as to who voted "yes" on the poll : p
Plz speak up and tell us why : p

I did. Because I'm dissident like that.
Better grab the popcorn and a towel in case you wanna sweat from this testament. I warned ya!

First off, the device itself, it's kinda mediocre. It's reminds me some kind of a tablet for some reason. or a certain concept for the PSP in 2011.
It need to be on vertical stand to put the tablet to connect it to the dock to recharge and/or sending the images to your television, it's a personal opinion since we always had horizontal consoles until right now (except the PS2 but it needs a support vertical stand). I don't what about you guys, so it's up to you if you like vertical or horizontal.

It has aspects like vents, like huge ones, and I'm 100% sure you can bake you cookies without problem at all. The tablets you or even I saw in the commerce have mostly vents but it's totally unseen or rare. I just hope it will not go the same way like the Galaxy S7. (lel)

It's going to run with a Nvidia Tegra chip on the console (maybe a indirect response to compete AMD's chip who are running on the PS4 and the Xbox One), and by the looks of it, it's going to run on 720px on tablet (I'm not sure about how it's going to be on the TV, maybe it's better or not, I hope for the best).
Several tablets and smartphones nowadays run on 1080p/2k/4k so why this lower run unlike the others?

The Joy-Con is laughable thought, they looks so tiny and when I can't visualize someone with huge hands playing with one of them, get ready for hands cramps fellas (unless Nintendo gives us a providing gloves for free with the console) and imagine you lose one the Joy-Con by pure accident, what you gonna do, buy another console with the joy-cons included or they're going sell separatly like the Wii Remotes?

And for the Joy-Con Pro Controller, it's looks like a cheap controller you can buy on your tipical electronic market or Xbox controller just by the looks of it, I just hope it's still in development.

The trailer showed us game like:
• Legend of Zelda (Breath of the Wild, normal);
• Skyrim (the remastered one but Bethesda denies that will be on the console even thought they're partners, so idunno);
• Mario Kart (King Boo is a playable character, you can hold two items and local multiplayers);
• An NBA game (eh come on and slam! welcome to the jam!);
• New 3D Mario game (no shit)
• Splatoon (new hairstyles and wearable gear, wat.).

Also I want to point out how Nintendo WISHES that there's some Esports players playing Splatoon on a huge hype crowd. They sure want Nintendo World Championships to look like the Wizard.

But from the looks of it, Mario Kart and Splatoon could be just the predecessors games but with modified features to say "hey look, it's a new [insert your ip here]! it has new features and It's going to be on the Nintendo Switch!
give us the money bitch.".

For the amiibos, Nintendo confirmed it's going to support for the Nintendo Switch! So goody yay!
Overall, Nintendo give us a Wii U 2.0 with a Game Card feature like the 3DS, so you can say bye bye to your disks! I wonder what will be the handheld consoles future now...
There's some aspects that will be said from Nintendo for the future but right now I saw only mediocres one.

I just only hope for the best of it even though what I written would make some Nintendo fanboys/fangirls insult my old man with all the names of the Urban Dictionary.

Because you are just saying that Nintendo never made mistakes before (which is false) and when someone points out something that contradict your favourite character/console/game/yadda, you whine because it sound like a taboo thing to say.

Don't forget to dislike this post.

Last edited:

I did. Because I'm dissident like that.
Better grab the popcorn and a towel in case you wanna sweat from this testament. I warned ya!

First off, the device itself, it's kinda mediocre. It's reminds me some kind of a tablet for some reason. or a certain concept for the PSP in 2011.
It need to be on vertical stand to put the tablet to connect it to the dock to recharge and/or sending the images to your television, it's a personal opinion since we always had horizontal consoles until right now (except the PS2 but it needs a support vertical stand). I don't what about you guys, so it's up to you if you like vertical or horizontal.

It has aspects like vents, like huge ones, and I'm 100% sure you can bake you cookies without problem at all. The tablets you or even I saw in the commerce have mostly vents but it's totally unseen or rare. I just hope it will not go the same way like the Galaxy S7. (lel)

It's going to run with a Nvidia Tegra chip on the console (maybe a indirect response to compete AMD's chip who are running on the PS4 and the Xbox One), and by the looks of it, it's going to run on 720px on tablet (I'm not sure about how it's going to be on the TV, maybe it's better or not, I hope for the best).
Several tablets and smartphones nowadays run on 1080p/2k/4k so why this lower run unlike the others?

The Joy-Con is laughable thought, they looks so tiny and when I can't visualize someone with huge hands playing with one of them, get ready for hands cramps fellas (unless Nintendo gives us a providing gloves for free with the console) and imagine you lose one the Joy-Con by pure accident, what you gonna do, buy another console with the joy-cons included or they're going sell separatly like the Wii Remotes?

And for the Joy-Con Pro Controller, it's looks like a cheap controller you can buy on your tipical electronic market or Xbox controller just by the looks of it, I just hope it's still in development.

The trailer showed us game like:
• Legend of Zelda (Breath of the Wild, normal);
• Skyrim (the remastered one but Bethesda denies that will be on the console even thought they're partners, so idunno);
• Mario Kart (King Boo is a playable character, you can hold two items and local multiplayers);
• An NBA game (eh come on and slam! welcome to the jam!);
• New 3D Mario game (no shit)
• Splatoon (new hairstyles and wearable gear, wat.).

Also I want to point out how Nintendo WISHES that there's some Esports players playing Splatoon on a huge hype crowd. They sure want Nintendo World Championships to look like the Wizard.

But from the looks of it, Mario Kart and Splatoon could be just the predecessors games but with modified features to say "hey look, it's a new [insert your ip here]! it has new features and It's going to be on the Nintendo Switch!
give us the money bitch.".

For the amiibos, Nintendo confirmed it's going to support for the Nintendo Switch! So goody yay!
Overall, Nintendo give us a Wii U 2.0 with a Game Card feature like the 3DS, so you can say bye bye to your disks! I wonder what will be the handheld consoles future now...
There's some aspects that will be said from Nintendo for the future but right now I saw only mediocres one.

I just only hope for the best of it even though what I written would make some Nintendo fanboys/fangirls insult my old man with all the names of the Urban Dictionary.

Because you are just saying that Nintendo never made mistakes before (which is false) and when someone points out something that contradict your favourite character/console/game/yadda, you whine because it sound like a taboo thing to say.

Don't forget to dislike this post.

A dude from the trailer (who is milking his 15 seconds of fame) says that the Pro controller is the most comfortable controller he's held.
I'm actually not even sure why people keep saying it looks cheap. I think it just doesn't look glossy anymore... which is great they've ditched the fingerprint magnet matrial for this system.

Good! Let's see how evil you are...

So the design is mediocre? Really? I love the new design, and I'm not just talking about the tablet part. And yes, it does remind us of the PSP, but seriously, I always liked that style and it's good to see Nintendo try it. I have to say this new design would actually look great next to my TV.
Now I can say that, personally, I love the vertical design and the fact that it's made for you to slide out easily. I always loved vertical design. There has been a huge problem in the past, since pretty much every console started to use optical drives for games, it would cause problems in the long run, but now it's back to cartridges, so vertical look can be done and it's great.

The vents are there for a reason. It means the console will be pushed to a much higher level than a tablet, of course. Mobile devices don't have vents as obvious as the console, because they are WAY less powerful, and so, they won't heat up as much. I would have been way more scared if we couldn't see the vents on that thing, so it's good that they're there.

Ok, first, I don't personally care about resolution, as long as it's still visible. But let me tell you that 1080p or 2K or even 4K, on a tablet/smartphone is completely and utterly unnecessary, since the screen is way too small to see the difference between 720 and 1080. There's a reason why Youtube Mobile only displays videos on 720p max. That doesn't mean we won't have 1080 on the TV, which is plenty for me...

I actually agree here, the Joy-Con looks quite unconfortable to use... I don't see it being used much on it's own for multiplayer, no... Maybe, it's not meant to be used over long periods of time, idk...
However, "losing" part of a console shouldn't be a thing, and I'm pretty sure you will be able to find a replacement in case you do lose it. And who will lose those anyway? They'll be attached to the console anyway, it's not like you're gonna play with one Joy-Con all the time. I never lost any piece of my consoles, EVER, so I'm sure I'll be fine...

Looks generic, yes, but I don't mind, I like it and looks confortable... It doesn't really look as much like a XBox or PS controller, it's kind of it's own thing.
Like I said, I like it, and I might get one with the console.

Forget the game, that wasn't the focus of the trailer, so I won't even talk about those...

They try, they try... Maybe some day it will become an E-Sport, who knows? Hahaha
But seriously, the point here is that you see gamers preparing for the match and bring the console with them, so they can have their own personal content with them for the match. They want to show that the console is meant as a personal device, like part of the player. It's not about the game, who care about splatoon anyway...

I can see the amiibo stuff coming back a mile away. I love them, and it makes sense to bring them back since they're so recent and Nintendo wants to make them improtant (I don't know how, but we'll see). Don't get me wrong, I like the amiibos but I also understand how useless they are. I like amiibos the same way I like e-reader cards on the GBA. It's just a cute and fun gimmick. I'm a sucker for collectibles that interact with games (I hate skylanders, though).

Overall, I still don't understand why all that hate... Your arguments here aren't that bad, except for the controller, which is actually the biggest part of the game...
Other than that, it's baseless, I don't understand. The console looks good, and if it works, the hybrid part will shine for sure! And the design is appealing.

• Wow
Reactions: 607
I pesonnaly never cared about graphics and resolution as long as the games a fun.
I also preffer new gimmicks over just better graphics. Nintendo atleast try to bring something new.
I noticed that if you give the player always the same they complain... but if you give them something new they want the old stuff... People apparently can't make up their mind.

As for the Console: I care more for the games and less for the console itself. As long as it has atleast two or three games i like i'm happy. I probably wait with the buy until it is cheaper or when a game is out that interests me.
I did the same with the Wii U. ZombiU and G&W were out: Instant buy.

BTW, this video is not a hate video, it's just hate against haters. "Francis" is a character meant to criticize haters. And it's quite funny! xD

Here's his honest reaction:

Ah. Okay. :)
I wasn't sure as many in the comments were serious.
I'm also bad at spotting sarcasm and the fact that i don't know this guy doesn't help either.

Should i edit that video out?

Back