Thoughts on using XenForo 2 for the site when it's released?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Because sometime in the foreseeable future, the forum software we're using will release another major version. This one has a new style with more responsive design elements, extra minor features like inline post editing and additional moderator tools and a few other interesting things as well.

Here's the preview from the official XenForo site:

https://xf2demo.xenforo.com/

So what do you think? Would you be happy with Wario Forums moving to that version of XenForo once it's released?

I like WarioForums being up to date, so I can tell why I don't like the newer versions of XenForo on other forums, and try to convince them to not upgrade. d:)

Is there a way to backup the current build of the forums and upgrade temporarily as a test run? If anything goes wrong, to go back to this version?
If it can be done, I'd love to see what new features and optimizations we can get here!

Reactions: 607
I say do Xenforo 2 for like a week then hold a poll to see which one the current members enjoy. If the majority wants xenforo 2 keep it. If the majority prefers original xenfor then go back.

I doubt anything will go wrong. That usually happens when you switch software, not upgrade it.

Yes, the site can always return an older revision, though I worry there wouldn't be security fix support for it after the new one takes over.

I am okay with it as long as the site stays simple and easy to use. I was a member of a very large forum once, and it completely died literally because they switched to a terrible and confusing new software.

Change isn't necessary if it isn't needed nor wanted. I really like how this forum looks, so I have doubts. If the forum still looks appealing, perhaps it's worth a try.

Back