Try and explain the Wario Land Series timeline, including Wario World

Do you think there are multiple timelines in the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luigi HeHe

Lean Green Fighting Machine
My Theory is, That Wario Land 1, 2, 3 and world, are in the "Mario" timeline, but wario land 4 and shake it are in the "Wario" timeline, because after wario loses Mario's castle, wario land 1 starts, and he gets his castle, the canonical ending, then that means that 2, 3, and world automatically connect. but, wario land 4 and shake it, both have wario living in his garage, and having his wario car, if he had his castle, why is he living in his garage?

reply to this thread to show everyone your theory!

All right, so like I said, I don't think there's a timeline at all.
To me, it's seems like just a bunch of funny stories that don't relate to one another.

Although I must agree, Wario Land -> Wario Land II -> Wario World, starting from SML2 makes sense, as we see the Castle in all those games.
I wouldn't place WL3 there, though, I'd think it should have yet a 3rd line with VB Wario Land -> Wario Land 3. Now I don't know how it could connect with the rest, but in both games, Wario has a plane, but no castle is seen. I don't know if it connects to Wario Land 4 and Shake it, in any way...

But then, connecting Wario Land 4 with Shake it doesn't make much sense, since we don't really know what happened with Wario Land 4's treasures and money, since in Wario Land Shake it, it looks as though he has nothing...

It's a bit weird, I may not be seeing the whole picture, what do you guys think?

My Theory is, That Wario Land 1, 2, 3 and world, are in the "Mario" timeline, but wario land 4 and shake it are in the "Wario" timeline, because after wario loses Mario's castle, wario land 1 starts, and he gets his castle, the canonical ending, then that means that 2, 3, and world automatically connect. but, wario land 4 and shake it, both have wario living in his garage, and having his wario car, if he had his castle, why is he living in his garage?

reply to this thread to show everyone your theory!

Wario owns more than one home, as evidenced by his house in WarioWare. I always assumed the garage is part of that house in Diamond City.

all this seems true, so as i said before, wario land 1, 2, 3, and world connect, but as it seems, after the events of wario land shake it, which is a sequel to wario land 4, wario starts on wario ware, since he still lives in his garage

And now the moment no one waited for. T3WB-Senpai's WL head canon!!!
WLSML3 then WL2 Followed by WW but he didn't get the best ending so he put is money towards an airplane and went on vacation to search for awazon to relax but crashed which led into WL3 but he fixed and moved on to the awazon and thus VBWL but when the beavers jacked it at the end of the game he had no home so he moved to the city which triggered the events of WLTSD but he lost his money to captain syrup so he sought out the golden diva's treasure in WL4 and after that he was set, he got a house make over and then retired from treasure hunting setting the events of wario ware.

And now the moment no one waited for. T3WB-Senpai's WL head canon!!!
WLSML3 then WL2 Followed by WW but he didn't get the best ending so he put is money towards an airplane and went on vacation to search for awazon to relax but crashed which led into WL3 but he fixed and moved on to the awazon and thus VBWL but when the beavers jacked it at the end of the game he had no home so he moved to the city which triggered the events of WLTSD but he lost his money to captain syrup so he sought out the golden diva's treasure in WL4 and after that he was set, he got a house make over and then retired from treasure hunting setting the events of wario ware.
i dont want wario to retire on treasure hunting ;-;

(also don't forget the mario vs wario comic, the satan one and the megaman one are not cannon) He starts in diamond city with Warioware , somewhere along the line he gets into smash bros, then Game & Wario takes place, and his latest games there do badly enough to shut down his operation,but he still remains popular, bringing his greed into the woods with Wario's Woods, re-adopting the main suit and coming back into smash with his traditional costume, along with all Mario spin-off games that he has appeared in (plus wario blast), where he learns mario's personality and comes to despise him, starting Mario & Wario (not the comic). Next, wario does a derp move, hence wario master of disguise. Then, after MANY other mario games Super Maro land takes place and during that wario sneaks into mario's castle, with mario land 2 taking place. Following that up is Wario land , which leads to 2 possible routes, One were he gets his castle, leading to wario land 2, and the other were he gets any other result, (the planet has no homes on it) leads to Wario land Shake It! , were he's back in Diamond city, then Wario land 4, were he gets enough treasure to make a castle, seen in wario world. I am putting wario world here since it says that this is immediatly after the building of the castle. Then, both of the branches come back together here, where wario takes a break, and here's were i'll agree with the 3rd wario brother (partly), he goes on a trip to the amazon, were wario land 3 takes place, were he crashes his plane on the way their, and he fixes it and continues to the amazon, were VB wario land takes place, and in every ending in which he gets back home is canon, and the rest is undecided

Waluigi is a guy he found while playing tennis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Yoshi's island DS take place before anything else

This is my headcanon timeline for the Wario Land games.

• Wario Land 1 - Wario sets off to obtain the Peach statue from Captain Syrup, with the intention of pawning it for a new castle.
  • Wario Land 2 - Captain Syrup having find out about Wario's new castle, attempts to rob it's treasures, only to end in failure.
  • Wario's Woods (Gonna have to play a little with this one.) - Toad, having find out about Wario's castle sets off to destroy it, and the free the lands citizens from his rule. (Mario, Luigi and Peach were in Dinosaur land at the time.)
  • Wario Land 3 - Wario with his castle destroyed by Toad, makes a escape, only for his plane to get destroyed thus kick starting the events of Wario Land 3.
  • Wario Land: Shake it, - Wario goes back to his home in Diamond city, but ends up getting sucked into the shake dimension by a gift he got by a certain pirate, with the intention of getting the endless coin sack.
  • Wario Land 4 - After losing the sack to Captain Syrup, (and most of the treasure he got from WL3 except for a few notable items such as the Music Box.) Wario ends up going into a depressed state for awhile, until news of the golden pyramid and it's treasures motivates him.
  • Warioware Inc - Wario uses the money he obtained from his adventure in the golden pyramid, to Fund Warioware Inc. And the rest of the Warioware games continue in chronological order from here on out.
So yeah that's my headcanon timeline, now some things are obviously a bit off. Because I had to play with it a little bit in order to have something that's somewhat consistent ish, and yeah it's a bit ridiculous as a whole. But hey, it's just a fun little headcanon that I have. (Plus this crazy ass timeline is just as valid as any other crazy ass timeline due to the fact that there's no overall canon in the games.)

Also about VB Wario Land, Wario World and Master of Disguise, those are side trips in my headcanon. They're canon to me, but they're not important overall. And Wario Blast is strictly non canonical in my mind.

Last edited:
Wario World - Wario, along with his new castle, ends up getting engulfed by the Black Jewel, turning the castle, into a whole new world.

Ok. I actually have a legitimate question.
So you say the gem turns the castle into a whole new world (cue music), so how is it supposed to affect the timeline? I ask that because Wario Land II comes after Wario World, and it's quite obviously cannon that Wario's Castle in Wario Land II is the same castle he gets in Wario Land SML3.

Ok. I actually have a legitimate question.
So you say the gem turns the castle into a whole new world (cue music), so how is it supposed to affect the timeline? I ask that because Wario Land II comes after Wario World, and it's quite obviously cannon that Wario's Castle in Wario Land II is the same castle he gets in Wario Land SML3.

There are different endings depending on how many treasures you get in the game, and in the 100% ending, Wario's castle turns back into what it was before the game happened.

The last one is the 100% ending.

Last edited:
There are different endings depending on how many treasures you get in the game, and in the 100% ending, Wario's castle turns back into what it was before the game happened.

The last one is the 100% ending.

Yes, I know that, but that doesn't really answer my question. What I understood is that the world of Wario Land II is not the same as Wario Land 1. Is that what you're saying?

Yes, I know that, but that doesn't really answer my question. What I understood is that the world of Wario Land II is not the same as Wario Land 1. Is that what you're saying?
I think I know what you're talking about now, so it's time to hopefully clear this up. Wario has had only one castle throughout my timeline, and the world in WL1 and WL2 are one and the same. The world in Wario World was some weird alternate dimension made by the castle's foundation and shit, but it's not connected to the world in WL1 or WL2, and because Wario gets his castle back by the end, (if you get either the good or best endings which I consider both to be canon.) WL2 is unaffected by Wario World's events. That's why I moved it to the side trips category just recently along with VB Wario Land and Master of Disguise. Because the more I think about it, it's not super important to the timeline overall. But hopefully that should clear things up at least a little bit. (Hopefully.)

^_^

Last edited:
Back