Tunes That Soothe Your Soul

This takes me back, When i was in elemtary school and used that ancient SNES emulator on Windows 98. Whenever the going is tough and i triumph this song plays in my head. The quiter part being the obstacles until it breaks out into a more heroic part being the victory. and while it theoretically shouldn't go with Bramble Bladt it does. It keeps you concentrated as well as illustrating to me that triumph thing that suits the level, the game, and Diddy's Quest to be on DK's level perfectly.
One of the greatest songs in gaming history.

Would definitely say that sidescroll shooters or schmups get some really neat soothing music. Interesting considering how much things appear on screen yet a lot of the songs by themselves could easily be used in one of them doctor waiting rooms or dentist, time to check up on them cavities.

One of the reasons why I like to be awake in the middle of the night:

When I first heard these, I had a great sensation of joy.

As for Donkey Kong Country, I've always really liked Life in The Mines music, although I always imagined it would've suited water levels more:

Of all the music I can add from my list? Hmm... Most of 'em smooth jazz, but I'll just have to choose what I love.
Man, if you ever want to fall asleep, look no further than this.

Sonic Unleashed has an amazing soundtrack and the Werehog music are some of the best in the series.

I mean, this just needs to be up there.

And last one and most definitely not least
Metroid without a doubt has a fantastic soundtrack. The question is, which game and which music? I had to choose this one outta all the amazing one.

Just hearing this music for the first time as you set foot to planet alone. This one is something I will never forget.

That's a refreshing analysis of the old tune. Reading musical sentences like a narrative is a great skill to practice, especially for would-be composers. Have you ever had any interest in writing music/playing an instrument, T3WB?
First off, thank you that's real kind. Well i knew some who said i've got potential with no aptitude. I started trying to use pianos in 8th grade but i had zero confidence in myself so i stopped. Since then i haven't really considered it.

Alright, here I go! Honestly there's so much I could post I'm gonna end up having to stagger my posts in some way. To start off, I'll go by the examples of types of relaxed that I mentioned on your profile (Seaside, Nature, Coffee Shop).

This game has a tropical setting and so a lot of music has a tropical flavor to it. As indicated in my previous posts, this series is full of tense and unnerving scenes. This is one of the few themes in the game with a more positive tone. A very beachy sounding theme if that makes any sense. I really love the percussion in this theme. That being said, the theme still carries an air of uncertainty as you could expect from a game with a lot of twists and turns.

A theme I heard a lot in my childhood. The game now has aged rather badly but back then I really immersed myself in the game and enjoyed getting lost in the Mystic Ruins forest. A little repetitive but still holds up really well still and I think I actually appreciate it more now than back then. Takes me back to when games seemed more magical to me.

This theme is rather ironic. Whenever this theme plays you know the court case is going to take a turn for the worst. And yet, with Godot's smooth and poetic monologues, this theme is quite relaxing in a way. Out of the game, it does make for some rather nice easy listening. I especially enjoy listening while having some coffee myself.

Well we've had some returning members so might as well give this thread more exposure. Without further ado here's round 2 from me(as well as my 4000th post). Following the same format as before...

A lot of people hate Big's level from Sonic Adventure though I honestly never minded them as a kid and even for a time got me interested in fishing. This Big-exclusive theme is quite a gem. It really just screams a lazy day at the beach.

Now I'm sure we're familiar with Shoot 'em Ups right? You know like Gradius Parodius and the like. In these fast paced games, you usually have very driving, fast paced tunes. Now, this theme is no exception to that but I can't also help that it also has a bit of a soothing feeling to it. It also goes very well with the autumn-themed scenery of the stage as seen here.

A pretty straightforward, classic jazzy night time sort of theme. Not a whole lot to say about it except the imagery that usually accompanies the stage is quite nice and fitting.

Years ago I came across a game weird game called Asterix. It honestly looked kind of funny to me especially how cartoony the character and box art was and searching for new NES games considering it has a huge library, the music for this game and the character itself caught my eye. Well talking about the character himself is left for another thread entirely the OST in it was just really chill and relaxing. It's got that weird " bubbly " sound to it, much like Linus Spacehead infact it might just be made by the same people or at the very least similar instruments.

I got one music that just want to make you grab a cup of coffee, (or anything really) and sit down on your chair in a room with only the window being your light source.

Oh man, this game is just too fun! I highly recommend anyone who wants to play a really good collect a thon this game before Super Mario Oddessy eventually destroys this amazing indie game.

So calming, so upbeat. It can't quite describe the feeling this tune gives me. A sort of victorious ¨thank you for playing!¨ feeling. Or ¨You did it! Now just lay back and get your well-deserved rest.¨

Also this:

This makes me feel so emotional for some reason.
It's just so relaxing and calming. This piece perfectly captures the calming atmostphere and proves that you can encounter touching sights on places where you won't expect it. Like in a dark cave for example.

Been a while since my last post and I've got some I'm eager to share this time. Some of my favorite series in the usual themes.

A rather upbeat theme with a beachy flair. However, I find the piano and wind instruments to provide a nice mellow contrast with upbeatness. There are several versions of this theme but this one is my favorite for that bridge at 1:50.

A bit of a typical oriental-style theme(though not the stereotypical type). However, there's also a very ambient and almost space-like sound to it as well that is also calming in its own way. For me it conjures images of looking at a starry night sky in a mystical foreign land.

This fits in with most of the other themes I've posted for the third requirement(Coffee shop) which tend to be very jazzy and this one is no exception with its very complex piano. However, fitting with its name, it's more of something you'd head at the start of a day and to get you going vs the more night-oriented themes that tend to fall here.

Back