Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Well Rosalina is a calming base breaker. I think she was put in Smash for stress relief, which is why people may like her as a character. But seriously it's hard to like her as a character. I think the guy who took those Rosalina Amiibos knows that.

Game and Watch has no future. Only as references and Virtual Console but that's it.

Well Rosalina is a calming base breaker. I think she was put in Smash for stress relief, which is why people may like her as a character. But seriously it's hard to like her as a character. I think the guy who took those Rosalina Amiibos knows that.

Game and Watch has no future. Only as references and Virtual Console but that's it.

They actually add characters when they feel like it.

Amiibo are REALLY great.
Glee Club and the Chorus Kids are very overrated and shouldn't appear playable in Smash.
Trophies with flat sprites* in Super Smash Bros. should get scrapped and be replaced by 3D models.
*Includes WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven trophies.

I really don't care for the main series debut > spin off debut debut mentality, when it comes to Mario characters, maybe it's just me and the fact that I always liked Waluigi and Toadette, but that way of thinking always perplexed me, especially whenever it is used as a justification as to why Daisy is supposedly better then those two.

Now I don't mean to bash Daisy, but the only noteworthy thing she has done since her debut was getting a costume based off herself in the Wii U version of the first Bayonetta, which was certainly neat, but Waluigi already had that area covered in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door and Nintendo Land, not to mention the numerous games that Waluigi has been in without her, among others:

Game & Watch Gallery 4
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Mario Tennis Power Tour
DDR Mario Mix
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
And most recently, the plattformer/level creator Super Mario Maker.

Off course the number of appearences doesn't indicate superiority, but it does push Waluigi more into a relevant core mainstay character position given that these games had several notable Charakter exclusions (no Peach in DDR Mario Mix) (no Wario in Power Tour), but still added him and the one time HE was the excluded one (Mario Kart 7) did cause a notable backlash and like it or not he IS more relevant then Daisy at this point, at least Waluigi is acknowledged on a regular basis, sure it took him until Super Mario Maker to make a plattformer appearence of any kind, but even in spin offs he is more prominent then not just her, but quite a few other charas and yes that DOES count towards relevancy considering that spin offs are a sizable part of Mario, especially nowadays.

Then there is the matter of Toadette, who in her 7 active years (she didn't appear at all in any 2009-2013 released games) has made three non-spin off appearences the first one even being her second ever appearence (The Thousand Year Door), only three years later a cameo in the opening of Super Mario Galaxy would follow and two (active) years later she would become the second main character of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, yet some people still call her a dumbass character on the same level as Baby Rosalina, only because she commited the appearently unspeakable, heinous, INHUMAN crime of debuting in a spin off game.

I'm not saying you HAVE to like these characters, but I do feel that some people are seriously overselling main series debuts, while downtalking everything these two do with no real argument to point out why debuting in a plattformer from almost 30 years ago asserte superiority over them, even if nothing else of note has been done since then.

Last edited:
I really don't care for the main series debut > spin off debut debut mentality, when it comes to Mario characters, maybe it's just me and the fact that I always liked Waluigi and Toadette, but that way of thinking always perplexed me, especially whenever it is used as a justification as to why Daisy is supposedly better then those two.

Now I don't mean to bash Daisy, but the only noteworthy thing she has done since her debut was getting a costume based off herself in the Wii U version of the first Bayonetta, which was certainly neat, but Waluigi already had that area covered in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door and Nintendo Land, not to mention the numerous games that Waluigi has been in without her, among others:

Game & Watch Gallery 4
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Mario Tennis Power Tour
DDR Mario Mix
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
And most recently, the plattformer/level creator Super Mario Maker.

Off course the number of appearences doesn't indicate superiority, but it does push Waluigi more into a relevant core mainstay character position given that these games had several notable Charakter exclusions (no Peach in DDR Mario Mix) (no Wario in Power Tour), but still added him and the one time HE was the excluded one (Mario Kart 7) did cause a notable backlash and like it or not he IS more relevant then Daisy at this point, at least Waluigi is acknowledged on a regular basis, sure it took him until Super Mario Maker to make a plattformer appearence of any kind, but even in spin offs he is more prominent then not just her, but quite a few other charas and yes that DOES count towards relevancy considering that spin offs are a sizable part of Mario, especially nowadays.

Then there is the matter of Toadette, who in her 7 active years (she didn't appear at all in any 2009-2013 released games) has made three non-spin off appearences the first one even being her second ever appearence (The Thousand Year Door), only three years later a cameo in the opening of Super Mario Galaxy would follow and two (active) years later she would become the second main character of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, yet some people still call her a dumbass character on the same level as Baby Rosalina, only because she commited the appearently unspeakable, heinous, INHUMAN crime of debuting in a spin off game.

I'm not saying you HAVE to like these characters, but I do feel that some people are seriously overselling main series debuts, while downtalking everything these two do with no real argument to point out why debuting in a plattformer from almost 30 years ago asserte superiority over them, even if nothing else of note has been done since then.

Love you too, bae <3

Howz it gowin' buddeh?

Seriously thought this wasn't meant to be directed towards you in particular, especially since we agreed to dissagree on this subject quite some time ago.
If that's the case I'm just surprised anyone else has given you shit for that. Not to sound pretentious, but I haven't seen anyone else going on about main series debuts the way me and Mel have, for instance. Is it a thing with Daisy fans you've seen or something?

If that's the case I'm just surprised anyone else has given you shit for that. Not to sound pretentious, but I haven't seen anyone else going on about main series debuts the way me and Mel have, for instance. Is it a thing with Daisy fans you've seen or something?

Unfortunatly yes, thought what makes you and Melluh different is that you two actually have other arguments to back up your opinion, instead of just saying "lolz spin of debut GTFO", like I have seen way too many times.

With that said it is completely possible that I was just unlucky to keep running into annoying ones and it may not be as common as my personal experiences tell me it is. Similary you two seemed to have run into your fair share of awful Waluigi fans, which suprises me because anyone I have ever seen talking about liking Waluigi is perfectly willing to admit that there are problems with him, it doesn't make your experiences any less valid, but I can't say I had them myself.

Again my post wasn't meant to be a potshot at you, we went out of our discussion respectfully and you didn't do anything to insult or provoke me since then. I may be a complete and utter dipshit at times, but I'm not an asshole.

Unfortunatly yes, thought what makes you and Melluh different is that you two actually have other arguments to back up your opinion, instead of just saying "lolz spin of debut GTFO", like I have seen way too many times.

With that said it is completely possible that I was just unlucky to keep running into annoying ones and it may not be as common as my personal experiences tell me it is. Similary you two seemed to have run into your fair share of awful Waluigi fans, which suprises me because anyone I have ever seen talking about liking Waluigi is perfectly willing to admit that there are problems with him, it doesn't make your experiences any less valid, but I can't say I had them myself.

Again my post wasn't meant to be a potshot at you, we went out of our discussion respectfully and you didn't do anything to insult or provoke me since then. I may be a complete and utter dipshit at times, but I'm not an asshole.
We've had like two death threats which is pretty good. Anonymous I-can-say-anything-it's-the-internet ones, sure, but still I'm surprised how seriously people take their likes sometimes. I'm sure there's a lesson in it somewhere but I don't know what.

Also I don't think I've said this before but I don't think spinoff-debut characters are inherently bad, in case I gave off that impression. One of my favourite Mario characters is Woody from Mario Party, if that says anything.

I would actually disagree with the calling OoT overrated an unpopular opinion. I mean, yeah youre sticking it to people near their 30s who grew up with the game, but for the younger generation coming into videogames, this is their view of OoT, and the N64 in general : p I would actually say my stance on the N64 and its most popular games is the unpopular stance : p

I dunno if this would totally qualify as unpopular, seeing that even though the new games in the series still sell well, most of the online fanbase hates the newer titles. But I dont really care for Final Fantasy. Like, at all. Ive played FF4 recently, and I actually did enjoy some of the characters a bunch, but I did not enjoy the game play. Alot of people who enjoy traditional JRPGs talk down about games with real time battles like the Tales of series for their hectic and chaotic game play, but my experience with FF is far worse and more hectic and chaotic than any real time battle RPG Ive ever played.

Im also not big into the Elder Scrolls series, Morrowind was just plain dull, and Oblivion admittingly was pretty and exciting at first, but after about an hour or two of exploring, you quickily find that every where you go looks exactly like the place you just started : p The game is more repetitive than a sports game : p And Skyrim, I actually did enjoy it a bit, but it has taken many elements from the current generation of gaming, like having much to much menu options, taking ten to fifteen minutes figuring out what to level up (simplicity is always best), and my second playthrough of the game, I just couldnt get into it.

I dont enjoy playing games on a computer screen, ever. I dunno if that qualifies as unpopular though : p

I also dont like FPS games, or any game thats heavily based on violence or lewd content.

I think the mixing of the Harvest Moon farm-building, dating-sim, family-raising elements with the simple action adventure RPG elements in the Rune Factory series has created the most original and enjoyable games in todays generation.

I enjoyed the Skyward Sword cutscenes : p

I think the original Legend of Zelda game is totally unplayable : p Besides being the first Zelda game, I dont think anyone today would honestly appreciate it if they played through it.

I enjoy repetitive JRPG troupes, like the sad and tragic villain, the brooding team mate who eventually betrays you, and all that nice stuff : p

Honestly, the Wii U has given me more enjoyemnt than the PS4 and the Xbone combined. I like the latter two well enough (with the Xbone being slightly better than the PS4, shockingly enough), but the Wii U gives me more happiness...just wish they'd be rid of the damned region locking.

So the person who said I'd get more enoyment out of the PS4 And Xbone than the Wii U? Well, he's a good guy, but I disagree with his assessment.

I was actually thinking of buying a WiiU later this year, but was unsure Id be totally happy with it due to its small library, but Ive been hearing more people say theyve really enjoyed it, so I might end up doing it anyways : p

Oh, I really really liked the N64 controller, I think the design was way cool, and I enjoyed it even if I cant use both the Z and L button with one hand : p

I think the OoT water temple was one of the best parts of OoT.

And I do NOT enjoy playing games as an animal. So, though I did enjoy games like twilight Princess and Okami, I did /not/ like having to play as a wolf : p
(Donkey Kong is the exception, though. Donkey Kong Country/ DK64 were amazing, Banjo Kazooie too : p)

Yeah, I do not get the hate for the N64 controller...then again, I first used it as a kid.

I remember at my old college, I saw someone crank out an N64 controller that looked a bit like any other controller. Tried using it, and while it works, it was screwing with me because I'm so used to the classic design. Fortunately, he had an ordinary N64 controller at hand. Probably one of the few good memories I have from that place.

Haha, yeah, though maybe not the most functional controller, its really not /that/ big a deal. I mean, how badly were our games affected by not being able to use the L button/ control pad? I never even noticed it until others pointed it out anyways haha : p It felt comfortable in my hands, and it looked really cool, too. Also, I think the 64 controller was the most diverse in color ever. I own a yellow and a blue one, growing up we had a transparent green one with our green 64, and I often see them in all kinds of different colors. I have /no/ idea why Nintendo didnt do this with the consoles after the 64 :/

Oh, unpopular opinion, I do /not/ really like the Playstation controller at all : p Its too small, and the two joysticks are much too close together, and it dose not feel good in my hands at all : p Most people call them the best, but Ive always felt they were kinda clunky.

Gamecube controllers are the best :3

Rosalina is pretty boring. I think her calmness is unsuited for a fun, colorful series like Mario and it just comes off unnecessary. She would of been better being an arc character but nope, since Nintendo transparently puts fanservice (almost all the time it's female characters) in their games for otakus she's here to stay.

I tried to like Rosalina, I really did. I can't come around to her. It's not her sole calmness being boring, but her design and how her personality is executed. I think of other calm, collected characters from other series with a sad past (Sailor Pluto is one, Shadow from SA2 is another, and countless others) and I find them awesome. Rosalina? Not at all. They love shoehorning her into games w/o expanding on her personality and her fans just goes off their admiration of her from "she's pretty" and "storybook".

I agree with that completely. If she was restricted to the Galaxy games, I'd be perfectly fine with the character, really. That's the only time she's relevant. But Nintendo decided to shove her into every game they could thereafter, even going so far as to put her into Smash Bros. and 3D World. Seriously, 3D World? Why? She's just in these games for the sake of being there, without ever expanding her character or even really giving her a reason to be there. Only exceptions I'll really grant are Smash, where she is actually an interesting concept (albeit infuriating to fight), and Mario Kart Wii, where she was still a relevant character due to the recency of the one game she belongs in.

Back