Videogame Songs and Covers

Here's an ancient remix of Brinstar.

It's nothing special really but I'm certain a couple of you guys probably recognize it. It sure takes me back.

Don't know if I should post such a thing on a place like this, but TBH this

is one of the funniest DPMV's (Downfall Parody Music Video) I've ever seen.

This is hands down one of the best solo instrumental renditions of any video game song I’ve come across. The guy playing this is clearly very talented, and, as you can tell from the way he plays, very passionate as well.

Until recently, the organ used to be my favourite ‘’classical’’ instrument for VGM covers, but I think I’ve found the mighty organ’s equal in the more gentle harpsichord.
Too bad that both instruments are still quite overlooked by people who like to cover music from games, either by means of Synthesia, remixes, etc., or by instrumental covers/arrangements.

Here's a very... interesting rendition of the final boss battle music in Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story:

Despite being a pre-Mario Party game arcade, this soundtrack is pretty ill:

Same composers from Ridge Racer btw.

Why is it always the obscure games with the best soundtracks?;

This Super Metroid remake of "Space Ninja" from Lotus 3 is genuinely a lot better than its original counterpart:

Are you serious? It sounds ridiculous to me. xD I'd say the Amiga version is much better, and for Space Ninja, the Atari ST version is even better. Some notes in this version seem to be missing too, and I'm not sure if that was a creative decision, necessary because of technical constraints, or if the author simply missed them. And then some parts are out of tune. o_O

Back