Wario in Rivals of Aether (Smash-Like Game)

Spam

It's always Wario Time
preview.png

Me and a few friends of mine came together awhile ago to create a Wario mod for Rivals of Aether, a Smash like fighting game on Steam that was meant to revitalize the character and in more Wario Land content. And so after a month of tinkering, coding, and drawing, he's finally done! This Wario doesn't have too much in common with the Smash version no butt jokes, has a ground pound, and yes there is no Wario Waft! Overall he was designed with rushing down and beating up opponents so if any of you get the chance to use him, I hope you'll find enjoyment there.

preview.png

Wario also comes with a stage, Wario's Castle! This golden beauty has two sets of platforms, with the top one acting as a bridge between life and the blast zones. Each section of the room also has a variety of Wario Land and Warioware references, I wonder if you can spot them all? But it doesn't end there friends, the stage also comes with four new Wario remixes, all by OctoNote! (Link to the tracks here: )

Overall, I hope you find enjoyment in just seeing all of this Wario Land, Warioware, and just Wario in general goodness. Here's to a future full of Wario!

Download Links:
Steam Workshop::Wario (Wario)
Steam Workshop::Wario's Castle (Wario's Castle)

This is truly impressive! Really, props to all of you. I love how you even gave him new sprites instead of reusing old ones, nothing wrong with that, but it really shows all the good work and passion you put in the character. Heck, I was almost tempted to get the game just to play as Wario but I should refrain myself for the time being d:p He looks fun to play as (probably the most important aspect) and the arranges are fantastic, I think Greenhorn Groove is my favorite. Keep the good work up!

Hi, so happy to see a comment! Thanks for kind words, credits to my friend Smiley who worked as the artist for this, I handled the code, graphic design (preview, promo materials), marketing, and about three sprites in total haha. I'm a biased opinion, but he for sure is fun, he has so many options despite the lack of a zoner tool, why he is the zoner tool even! I have good faith that what we did for Wario is what the community would want to see in Smash someday too.

Back